Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Name Changer

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 17, 2011
Great Idea.

My life wizards name is Justin Blue Runner and I hate it.

I have always wanted it to change so badly.

I like the idea of 500-750 Crowns Worth.

(I think the first time you change your name it should be free)

( think Mr. Lincoln would be in charge of this because he has training points buy back so why not name change.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
frostednutella on Nov 14, 2016 wrote:
By what I said I was meaning to tell him that this section is meant for ideas and if someone doesn't want an idea posted then they don't have to contribute to the discussion of the idea.
I agree, I think it's ridiculous how someone cut's down an idea just because he/she doesn't like it. Agreed on your earlier post in this topic, I too looked at all the topics about name change and not once did KI say it's never going to happen. However they did say no a few times. But no does not mean never

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
jester094 on Nov 14, 2016 wrote:
Great Idea.

My life wizards name is Justin Blue Runner and I hate it.

I have always wanted it to change so badly.

I like the idea of 500-750 Crowns Worth.

(I think the first time you change your name it should be free)

( think Mr. Lincoln would be in charge of this because he has training points buy back so why not name change.
if you going from lvl 1 to 50 instantly is 30,000 why would name changer be the same price as 2 pack........ buying a house is 10k crowns... a mount is 5000-7000 crowns.... buying a mastery amulet is 9000+ crowns.... why i said 2x now, 50,000 crowns.... more appropiate for something this size

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
frostednutella on Nov 14, 2016 wrote:
By what I said I was meaning to tell him that this section is meant for ideas and if someone doesn't want an idea posted then they don't have to contribute to the discussion of the idea.
No! Wrong, wrong, WRONG!

Dissent is necessary for any decision making process. If a majority of people don't speak up about something they would not like to see in a game, then it's going to be a very unpopular feature and KI could have spent their time on something more worthwhile and appreciated. Don't get upset if someone doesn't like an idea; it's not a personal attack, it's them saying they do not want this feature. Do not EVER try to silence someone who is just giving a different opinion!

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
camahawk on Nov 15, 2016 wrote:
if you going from lvl 1 to 50 instantly is 30,000 why would name changer be the same price as 2 pack........ buying a house is 10k crowns... a mount is 5000-7000 crowns.... buying a mastery amulet is 9000+ crowns.... why i said 2x now, 50,000 crowns.... more appropiate for something this size
The name changer is in no way equivalent to the skipping to level 50 potion. They are also not very easily compared because they are two totally different topics.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
seethe42 on Nov 13, 2016 wrote:
This "idea" is posted a few times a month. There's nothing new about it. It's been discussed repeatedly for years and KI has said no repeatedly.
Same to level elixirs and "factions". I think they might relent especially if they can figure out whatever problems in advance. I would like it. I think 50,000 is a bit much but yes it should be more than 500. I'm sure if it's implemented they will find the right price. Hopefully it will show up one day. It was one of my first posts I remember. If everyone keeps bringing it up it is obviously desired.

Defender
Jun 23, 2016
I would have to agree, this is a needed feature. When I created one character I was not paying attention and got a name I would not overly agree with. Now I would say that it should be a tier system. Something like the following per character not account:

First Time -- Free
Second Time -- 500 Crowns
Third Time -- 750 Crowns

If beyond three times you would need to have KI approve and then they could establish a more serious cost.

Now if you wait lets say 1 year between changes then it could reset. So once a year a name correction could be allowed without cost.

Additionally, they could align that this is only available to member accounts and not the FtP accounts.

Just my thoughts, but I do support the idea.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Starblood653 on Nov 16, 2016 wrote:
No! Wrong, wrong, WRONG!

Dissent is necessary for any decision making process. If a majority of people don't speak up about something they would not like to see in a game, then it's going to be a very unpopular feature and KI could have spent their time on something more worthwhile and appreciated. Don't get upset if someone doesn't like an idea; it's not a personal attack, it's them saying they do not want this feature. Do not EVER try to silence someone who is just giving a different opinion!
Actually that has nothing to do with what I said. I said that if someone doesn't want these types of threads posted several times then they have no need to reply on any of them. Like you said, if enough people post about it, KingsIsle will consider the idea more. Also, I never mention it being a personal attack or was I ever upset about it and it is quite obvious that you are trying to stop something. Please read other posts before assuming what I posted about. You are actually wrong wrong wrong.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
i'm not necessary hating on the name changer, i'm just tired of seeing it posted constantly.... but if it should be made, it should be made 10000+ in crowns.... and the lvl 50 potion,is totally valid as an example.... you dont need it... you can just lvl to lvl50... but it's there, and you will pay the heavy price for it.... name changing... you dont need it, just remake the character, or take the time before hand and change the name before hitting enter.... if the name changer was added, you should have to pay for it, heavy pay..... so i'm not against it, i'm just saying it should not be cheaper than buying a house.....

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
frostednutella on Nov 16, 2016 wrote:
Actually that has nothing to do with what I said. I said that if someone doesn't want these types of threads posted several times then they have no need to reply on any of them. Like you said, if enough people post about it, KingsIsle will consider the idea more. Also, I never mention it being a personal attack or was I ever upset about it and it is quite obvious that you are trying to stop something. Please read other posts before assuming what I posted about. You are actually wrong wrong wrong.
You need to take a step back from the thread. You are twisting everything that dissenting people are saying to you instead of shutting your mouth and considering what they have to say.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
exp613 on Nov 16, 2016 wrote:
Same to level elixirs and "factions". I think they might relent especially if they can figure out whatever problems in advance. I would like it. I think 50,000 is a bit much but yes it should be more than 500. I'm sure if it's implemented they will find the right price. Hopefully it will show up one day. It was one of my first posts I remember. If everyone keeps bringing it up it is obviously desired.
As a caveat, I would first rather see the 7th Character before getting a name change, but I am not opposed to name change. (I also think that it's rather fruitless to argue about the price when the feature isn't even confirmed.)

I also wonder if there is some technical limitations?

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
After reading a couple of post on this and from a few other topics, I feel some of us need to take a step back and calm down before KI starts locking topics even banning people from the message board and be reported by others as well for inappropriate talk towards each other Please read the Code of Conduct. I don't know if this post will go through but at least KI will have an idea how much of this is happening on the Message Board.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Starblood653 on Nov 16, 2016 wrote:
You need to take a step back from the thread. You are twisting everything that dissenting people are saying to you instead of shutting your mouth and considering what they have to say.
What a hypocrite you are being by saying that. I have not been twisting words. All I see is someone who is mad after being proven wrong.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
camahawk on Nov 16, 2016 wrote:
i'm not necessary hating on the name changer, i'm just tired of seeing it posted constantly.... but if it should be made, it should be made 10000+ in crowns.... and the lvl 50 potion,is totally valid as an example.... you dont need it... you can just lvl to lvl50... but it's there, and you will pay the heavy price for it.... name changing... you dont need it, just remake the character, or take the time before hand and change the name before hitting enter.... if the name changer was added, you should have to pay for it, heavy pay..... so i'm not against it, i'm just saying it should not be cheaper than buying a house.....
A name isn't worth that much, it should probably be around 300k gold.