Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Temporarily Unavailable

AuthorMessage
Historian
Nov 28, 2010
I haven't seen anybody else mention this, but am I the only one who has a "Temporarily Unavailable" splash screen show up on the loader? It's been going on for almost 2 weeks now. The first time it came up I assumed it was accurate so I shut the game down. But a couple hours later I checked the Facebook page and there was no mention of any technical issues or the game being down at all, so I opened it up again. Same message. But this time I logged in, and everything worked.

Like I say, it's been doing this for almost 2 weeks now. Since nobody else has mentioned it, I don't know if anybody else is experiencing this and just simply ignoring like I have because the game still works, or if it's just something I alone am experiencing. It's not causing any problems, I just can't see any of the current promos.

Explorer
Aug 07, 2014
No mate, you are not the only one.

I too have the same problem and I also thought it was just me.

You see I have a very ancient computer and it is slowly but shorly on it last legs but it is still hanging in there, so when a problem happens I think it is my terminal that is playing up. I am happy when it is confirmed that it is not me, it is the other system that is experiencing the difficulty. (Not that I want problems affecting Wizard101 at all, would rather the game be bug free.)

Other than my other problem, that is all that is wrong with my system.

Survivor
Nov 28, 2012
The browser window after clicking to start wizard101 does not appear anymore.

Instead I get the TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE SCREEN, yet I am still able to
Login and play the game.

When I type the following script in my browser window, I do get the normal browser screen
to appear.

https://www.wizard101.com/WizardPatchClient/Paid

When I updated my browser to MOZILLA FIREFOX 49.0.2,
I noticed this to occur.

Thanks!

Michael LifeGiver

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
When I click on the game icon, the login screen shows "Temporarily Unavailable" and instructs me to read KI Alerts Updates.

I sent an email to support early last week and to date have heard nothing back.

I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the game and still getting the same thing.

Dworgyn, could you please check into this.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Hello all,

It appears this bug is going to be a tricky one to track down as we aren't see errors in our logs that would indicate this is happening. To those end, then next time you experience this bug, I would appreciate it if you could bundle up a couple of files and send them to our community@wizard101.com email address.

To get these files just go to the directory where you installed the game, there should be a Patch Client folder. Inside should be BankA and BankB. Each of these folders should contain the file WizardLauncher.log.txt. Just use the Attach File function of whatever email client you use and attach both of those to your email to community@wizard101.com.

Explorer
Dec 08, 2010
Thanks, Dworgyn! My old computer used to have that, and it was a Mac running on Snow Leopard if I remember correctly. Once we upgraded it to Sierra, the screen was back to normal.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
We'd like to see if enabling TLS 1.0 will fix this problem for you.

1- In Internet Explorer, go to Tools > Internet Options.
2- Select the Advanced tab.
3- Scroll down to the Security section. (It's at the bottom of the list of settings.)
4- Select the checkbox Use TLS 1.0.
5- Select the Apply button.
6- Select the OK button.

Let us know!

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Dworgyn on Oct 25, 2016 wrote:
We'd like to see if enabling TLS 1.0 will fix this problem for you.

1- In Internet Explorer, go to Tools > Internet Options.
2- Select the Advanced tab.
3- Scroll down to the Security section. (It's at the bottom of the list of settings.)
4- Select the checkbox Use TLS 1.0.
5- Select the Apply button.
6- Select the OK button.

Let us know!
That option was already enabled, so it doesn't appear as though that will correct the error for me.

I don't know if it helps, but Use SSL 3.0 is also enabled, however Use SSL 2.0 is not.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Another question for those on this thread.

Are you using Windows XP?

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Dworgyn on Oct 27, 2016 wrote:
Another question for those on this thread.

Are you using Windows XP?
Yes.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Hello again. We've made a change that we think may help fix this problem. Let us know if you're still getting the Temporarily Unavailable message still after 3:00 pm US Central time 10/27/2016.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Dworgyn on Oct 27, 2016 wrote:
Hello again. We've made a change that we think may help fix this problem. Let us know if you're still getting the Temporarily Unavailable message still after 3:00 pm US Central time 10/27/2016.
Whatever you did worked! Thanks!

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
There are issues with the launcher again.

Now the background is black with no images. There are white boxes where the images for the current promotions should be, and the hyperlinks for the promotions are there, but nothing else is visible.

Explorer
Aug 07, 2014
I am also having that issue as well.

Glad to know I am not the alone one.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2015
High Five Ghost on Oct 20, 2016 wrote:
I haven't seen anybody else mention this, but am I the only one who has a "Temporarily Unavailable" splash screen show up on the loader? It's been going on for almost 2 weeks now. The first time it came up I assumed it was accurate so I shut the game down. But a couple hours later I checked the Facebook page and there was no mention of any technical issues or the game being down at all, so I opened it up again. Same message. But this time I logged in, and everything worked.

Like I say, it's been doing this for almost 2 weeks now. Since nobody else has mentioned it, I don't know if anybody else is experiencing this and just simply ignoring like I have because the game still works, or if it's just something I alone am experiencing. It's not causing any problems, I just can't see any of the current promos.
I got this for the first time today and thought yeah a reason for the unexplained massive lag I have been experiencing since last night. Then I found this post ugh so that's not the reason and not only is it not the reason it would also seem I am a month late in contacting this particular bug...Now it would seem I may have two separate problems ..I can't play today but of course our messages have to be reviewed which could take from 12-24 hrs to do so before they are posted. So in the meantime I am left in limbo with no answers.