Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What Is The Best Pack For Damage?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 16, 2015
I have a death & ice mastery amulet. So which pack gives good stats to both schools (or global)?

Autumn MythDreamer

Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
hipster2472 on Oct 9, 2016 wrote:
I have a death & ice mastery amulet. So which pack gives good stats to both schools (or global)?

Autumn MythDreamer
At this lvl you shouldn't need packs. Consider making death/ice your main attack and life your support. Also, just check the baazar.

lvl 91 death, Patrick Star

Delver
Oct 26, 2010
Do not get stats for a school that is not yours. Get gear that gives life damage since you are a life wizard. Using other schools will not help you whatsoever.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
hipster2472 on Oct 9, 2016 wrote:

Autumn MythDreamer
I'm not sure if there are any packs that pair Ice and Death together. If there are they probably aren't worth it. I suggest going for universal gear. The Darkmoor pack gives a very nice universal wand. As far as gear goes your probably not going to find anything that covers all of the bases. A good question to ask is "What level are you?"
These kinds of things vary by level. If your Lvl.50 or below you might either try getting a bundle with good gear or going for the Shaman's Lore Pack which gives pretty good universal gear. If your above Lvl.50 I highly suggest you focus on your school rather than other schools. Masteries are more often than not used for utilities such as being able to heal with Satyr or Availing Hands treasure cards, or in your case, casting Doom and Gloom or using the X pip absorbs for Ice. People can pull off some pretty creative strategies with masteries but I highly suggest you focus on your school. Since your life I don't think you will need them for heals. But a death mastery might be fun so that you can steal health if healing isn't an option. I wouldn't rely on it too heavily though.

Survivor
Jan 16, 2015
i'm level 78 currently. i've seen other wiz (that are around my level) use other school damage with great universal gear. i don't have the time required to start a new char and lvl it; i want to be able to enjoy playing multiple schools with mastery amulets hence i'm looking for universal gear from packs. i dont plan on using life since the damage is weak.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
hipster2472 on Oct 11, 2016 wrote:
i'm level 78 currently. i've seen other wiz (that are around my level) use other school damage with great universal gear. i don't have the time required to start a new char and lvl it; i want to be able to enjoy playing multiple schools with mastery amulets hence i'm looking for universal gear from packs. i dont plan on using life since the damage is weak.
I would have to agree that it's probably best to still try and get better Life stats. I play quite a bit on my Ice (so even weaker damage) and my Ice character can do pretty decent damage when I set him up to attack with a Blade or two. Just generally speaking, it is best to stick to your main school and the off school spells are really more for utility stuff. If you want to do damage focus on your main school. If you want to play around (I like to cast Forest Lord on my Ice because I can. haha, then your focus is not going to be damage.) Universal gear is probably best found from the Bundle packs like from Target, Walmart etc though. I would also recommend Farming. I do not recommend buying packs really under any circumstance. It's too much like gambling. Those are just my opinions though. Good luck.

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
I'll start with an apology. I don't like asking questions about how to do X, then have someone tell me, "Do Y instead," and this is exactly that sort of post.

Here's why. An Amulet can make a nice difference in a fight by granting you a spell that you either don't have, or one that stacks well with stuff you regularly use. If you want to deal good damage, a Jewel of the Feint or Witch's Star are both great, school-independent choices. The best gear for a school is almost always only for that school. The best accuracy, damage, and critical rating you can get will pretty much always be for Life magic.

This said, increasing your damage is very important. Long battles are tedious, and its demoralizing to watch others do all the heavy damage. So here is my advice:

1) Pick up a Jewel of the Feint in The Bazaar. Train Death school Feint as well, if you don't yet have it. Both of these stack, giving you a single target hit for roughly triple damage. Stacking these and some blades and traps will allow you to hammer a boss very hard.

2) Get an Enchanted Armament or Party Corgi pet. Use the Sharpened Blade item card on your Life Blade to get a +50% blade that stacks with the normal +40% Life Blade. Train Spirit Blade from the Balance school as well. If you train your pet up for another item card, the same trick works with Spirit Blade.

3) Starting around level 90, there are several items which also grant the Sharpened Blade card. Life Blades sharpened with item cards from pets will stack with those sharpened from gear and the Sharpen Blade spell itself, once you get it in Azteca. You will be able to stack a +40% Life Blade and three +50% Life Blades at this point, without spending a single pip.