Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 Packs Problem

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 14, 2016
I bought way too many Harrowing Nightmare packs looking for the Midnight Harrowings Permanent mount. I did not get it. I ended up with a bunch of useless one day mounts. I can't even sell them or feed them to my pet. They just take up room in my backpack. This is very unfair. The items in packs should be available to buy separately. I know a lot of people are frustrated, and this would fix that. I've been waiting for October for months to try for this and right now I'm fuming.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Being unlucky with with packs is nobody's fault. Why did you not exercise more self restraint? It sounds like you are aware that you overspent on packs. That sounds like a much more urgent problem that needs correcting.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
This happens to many people. You can always trash the items or feed them to a pet.

Defender
Oct 24, 2012
Lol, with packs you always take a chance. I spent 120k crowns last year on the harrowing pack and didn't get a single decent item. This year i got everything i wanted within the first 4 or 5 packs. It's random.

Survivor
Nov 06, 2013
I have been after the Owl since the pack first came out. Have been hunting it every year since it's appearance to no avail. This happens. it's KI's way of getting you to spend more on the game (and let's face it, it works) Patience and luck are the only answers here because the rarity of the mounts is WHY we go for the packs...bragging rights. If they were to go and make the pack mounts buyable, then they wouldn't have the rarity factor going for them and no one would get the packs (other than for seasonal decorations) each time they come out.

Defender
May 02, 2015
KI will never do what you're suggesting for obvious reasons. If you want to exact change so that this might happen, even if it starts with gear and mounts being an absurd amount (which would at least be a start), we could always give community wide civil disobedience a try.

If enough people feel the way you feel and express that by boycotting these packs, maybe change will happen.

I know I'm not buying any ever again after last Halloween. I was in similar shoes. Literally just needed a pair of shoes. Spent over $100 for a rare pair of shoes I never got. Messaged KI. Insert scripted response. Sadly the only way to affect change is with your dollar and holding onto it to show a displeasure with the product being offered.

That's about as objective, non negative, and non biased as I can put this.