Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reporting???

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 08, 2015
So i was in the commons and saw two girls who where spam reporting a guy who had said something obscene o: So, anyways they spammed him till he got muted and i was wondering is that against the Terms Of Use??? can your report someone multiple times for a single offense??? o: any answers would be greatly appreciated :D :D :D

Morgan goldstrider-102

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
giboo on Sep 22, 2016 wrote:
So i was in the commons and saw two girls who where spam reporting a guy who had said something obscene o: So, anyways they spammed him till he got muted and i was wondering is that against the Terms Of Use??? can your report someone multiple times for a single offense??? o: any answers would be greatly appreciated :D :D :D

Morgan goldstrider-102
If only the 2 girls were reporting the guy multiple times for a single offense, they are very likely to also receive some mute time. It takes a certain number of reports in a very short time to cause an instant mute. One report is all that is needed in order for KI to take a look at the chat logs.

Here is a link to more info for reporting.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/headmasters-announcements/i-got-reported-28843?page=1

If you have not read the Terms of Use, it can be found here. There is a link to this at the bottom of every page.

https://www.wizard101.com/game/termsofuse

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
As I understand it, once someone is reported, a moderator from KingsIsle will pull all the chat logs surrounding the incident and decide what to do based on the evidence. This process might take a day or two. If the wizard in question is found guilty of using obscene language (or getting around the filters), then he or she would be muted.

Reporting is taken seriously also, however. Again as I understand it, false reporting is treated just as harshly as using inappropriate language. A person who false reports may also be muted or otherwise punished.

For privacy and confidentiality reasons, we should never know what the result of reporting will be on any wizard other than our very own. If you see something happening that is dangerous, extremely abusive or against the terms of service... report it ONCE and then go on your way. Let KingsIsle handle it.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Sep 10, 2011
One report is enough, spam reporting doesn't help anyone.

Explorer
Nov 08, 2015
Squire
Oct 29, 2011
I recently got muted for two days from some guy who spam reported me. I asked for an appeal and KinsIsle sent back what I said in chat and none of it was offensive or inappropriate. It doesn't matter much though since the mute is almost up. It just annoys me how this system can work.