Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wysteria is fun or Boring?

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
My most dislike world. I feel half the quests are boring and I tend to skip this world. All I did was run around and talk. I can see the purpose: to win the Spiral Cup and the quests linked to that which I think is awesome but what's with the other quests?

Survivor
Aug 12, 2015
wysteria is boring. i think it should be made into just a dungeon, its pointless. and an waste of space for a world. do you know what level you have to be to get to dragonspyre and celestia ?

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
queenruby01 on Sep 18, 2016 wrote:
wysteria is boring. i think it should be made into just a dungeon, its pointless. and an waste of space for a world. do you know what level you have to be to get to dragonspyre and celestia ?
I don't remember but I think you can enter dragonspyre at level 40 and Celestia at 50

Explorer
Nov 08, 2015
I actually LOVED wysteria!! i found myself seeking out side quests till i had done EVERY SINGLE ONE i thought it was amazing o:

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Patrick Ravenbane on Sep 18, 2016 wrote:
I don't remember but I think you can enter dragonspyre at level 40 and Celestia at 50
There's no level requirements until Celestia.
Celestia = 44
Zafaria = 55
Avalon = 65
Azteca = 75
Khrysalis = 85

The minimum levels are nearly impossible to meet. Skipping all side quests except Zeke's and spells will leave you at level 45 at the end of Dragonspyre. Just barely. I earned level 45 on all wizards skipping sides during the final battle with Malistaire. The minimum levels beyond that are just not possible. The experience from storyline quests gets so high that it's impossible to reach the end of the storyline without maxing out long before.

Hero
May 07, 2015
Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
seethe42 on Sep 21, 2016 wrote:
Celestia = 44
Zafaria = 55
Avalon = 65
Azteca = 75
Khrysalis = 85

The minimum levels are nearly impossible to meet. Skipping all side quests except Zeke's and spells will leave you at level 45 at the end of Dragonspyre. Just barely. I earned level 45 on all wizards skipping sides during the final battle with Malistaire. The minimum levels beyond that are just not possible. The experience from storyline quests gets so high that it's impossible to reach the end of the storyline without maxing out long before.
Thanks for the update

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
seethe42 on Sep 21, 2016 wrote:
Celestia = 44
Zafaria = 55
Avalon = 65
Azteca = 75
Khrysalis = 85

In essence, there are no meaningful level limits to entering mainline worlds, but there are level limits to doing the side quests. In Mooshu you have to be level 30 to do side quests, in Dragonspire you have to be 40, in Celestia you have to be level 50. Wintertusk doesn't seem to have a level limit for side quests. I have a tendency to skip side quests until I reach Mooshu, then start doing them, Celestia and Wintertusk are much easier if you've reached level 50 when you get there and can start using astral spells.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Lots of persons enjoyed Wysteria.

Wasn't too boring at all, was a unique storyline, especially having a Headmistress!

Survivor
Aug 04, 2016
Hi, i'm assuming that you are a life wizard from the icon. My life wizard had a hard time with the world too witch made is extremely boring because I needed help with almost every single quest because I would constantly die. I agree the plot isn't very interesting but it is nice world if you want some extra experience. Just like grizzlehiem and wintertusk most people do it for the experience not for the plot. In conclusion most side worlds are boring lol but it's pretty much worth it for boosting levels.

Amanda GhostHunter lvl 97
Victoria lvl 110

Explorer
Jul 16, 2016
I love Wysteria! it's so beautiful and calming

Jonathan DawnHunter

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
You get your first introduction to how annoying a cheating boss can be ( & there are two of them. ) This made it especially sweet when you trounce that pipsqueak, Randolf Spellshine!

Survivor
Nov 13, 2012
Survivor
Jan 26, 2017
Hi, I personally think that wizards on the message board should correct their grammar before posting. I would have to disagree with you because Wysteria is my favourite world at the moment. It has a Colorful theme and it stands out from the dim Marleybone. A good break for XP and buying fancy furniture. There are no dungeons till your a grandmaster, and that makes Wysteria easier for players to get XP and Gold. I think when Kingsisle announced Wysteria i was glad. I got even gladder when i saw the new house. Lots of gardening space and the middle of the courtyard is perfect for The Spiral Cup! But, I have one complaint. 1/4 is about shutting down a portal, and 3/4 is about a tournament. I don't think the portal was necessary. I think it would be nice if they made the Green Men take over Pegasus Place first, and when you complete Pegasus Place they flee to Tanglewood Way. In Pegasus Place you find strange writing only the Green Men can understand. you have to go to the Crystal Tower to defeat Chester Droors. After you defeat him he tells you what their plan is. So, i personally think Wysteria is the best world and all the hate comments are from people who cant understand yet.

Fiona FireFlame Lvl. 33 Magus Pyromancer
Amber Tail Lvl. 5 Apprentice Sorcerer

Survivor
Jul 23, 2016
Wysteria, IMO, is one of the worst worlds in the game. The gameplay is tedious w/ an absolutely boring and generic questline. The characters are bland and poorly developed, and just seem absolutely vague. Most of the characters consist of a snarky and " rich kid " personality, which was extremely hard to play through without wanting to tear my hair out. And to add onto this, the world just looks absolutely vague and plain, without any theme or genuinely developed atmosphere. W101 can do much better, it's sad seeing worlds like these get praised and sugarcoated.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2015
I personally liked Wysteria. I liked exploring Pigswick Academy, plus the pigs were really cute!

Sincerely,
Ashley Ash, level 114
Abigail, level 51
Moira Moonflame, level 48

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
I liked the idea of a tournament, but it's just boy very fun or executed. It's pretty blandly designed, they pretty much just tossed cubes onto a world then just colored them in a bunch of different colors. The characters were annoying, too. The enemies are REALLY hard at the level you get to them at. I remember dying and dying and dying to the basic enemies in Pegasus Place because of how much damage they did and how often they hit. The bosses also have too much health and damage. I think the last boss had like, 2000-3000 health at around level 30. And CHESTER DROORS, man do I hate his boss fight. A cheating boss with 2 minions of the same school (a 3 on 1) and spamming high damage spells, with no help allowed. So no, I don't like Wysteria. It's too hard and unfair for the level you get there.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
ApplePiez123 on Apr 23, 2017 wrote:
Hi, I personally think that wizards on the message board should correct their grammar before posting. I would have to disagree with you because Wysteria is my favourite world at the moment. It has a Colorful theme and it stands out from the dim Marleybone. A good break for XP and buying fancy furniture. There are no dungeons till your a grandmaster, and that makes Wysteria easier for players to get XP and Gold. I think when Kingsisle announced Wysteria i was glad. I got even gladder when i saw the new house. Lots of gardening space and the middle of the courtyard is perfect for The Spiral Cup! But, I have one complaint. 1/4 is about shutting down a portal, and 3/4 is about a tournament. I don't think the portal was necessary. I think it would be nice if they made the Green Men take over Pegasus Place first, and when you complete Pegasus Place they flee to Tanglewood Way. In Pegasus Place you find strange writing only the Green Men can understand. you have to go to the Crystal Tower to defeat Chester Droors. After you defeat him he tells you what their plan is. So, i personally think Wysteria is the best world and all the hate comments are from people who cant understand yet.

Fiona FireFlame Lvl. 33 Magus Pyromancer
Amber Tail Lvl. 5 Apprentice Sorcerer
Unless your own grammar and spelling are very good, then you shouldn't criticize other posts. I found the misuse of your for you're: "...till your a grandmaster." and Grandmaster should be capitalized.
There is also a sentence fragment.
I'm just saying that before you complain about spelling and grammar, you should check your own posts. Many who are posting are young and haven't mastered all the spelling and grammar necessary, plus there are posters who are learning English as a second language.
Complaining about the spelling when the post is understandable is just nit picking.

Survivor
Feb 13, 2010
I only did Wysteria for the purpose of exp, but I found myself liking the tower of the helephant. :)

Defender
Apr 18, 2014
Since I haven't done Wysteria that many times, I find it tolerable. It just depends on how many times you have completed it. I've done Dragonspyre so many times that I find myself throwing up a little in my mouth whenever I hear the name or have to go there.

Defender
Jul 24, 2011
I enjoyed Wysteria quite a bit, but it was a bit boring

Survivor
Jul 31, 2012
queenruby01 on Sep 18, 2016 wrote:
Beat dragonspyre to get to celestia.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2016
I loved the idea of Wysteria, as a rival school to Ravenwood, but I feel like it just turned into what felt like a discount Ravenwood (which is ironic, since I bet that it's probably ten times more expensive than Ravenwood) rather than a school with its own identity.

It's a bit of a minor detail, but I liked how the Pigswick schools of magic had different perspectives on the original schools of Ravenwood, such as Ember's emphasis on security, hearth, and home, whereas Fire is much more volatile, even to the point of destruction, the opposite of security. It makes me curious as to what their magic would look like.

The world itself also feels bright and cheery, which I found refreshing after questing in dark Marleybone. I wish the characters were just as colorful, though. None of them stick out particularly in my mind aside from Chester Droors because of the fight against him. It would've been nice if we got to know the teachers and students more, as they feel like flat stereotypes.

Haven't gotten to the Tower of the Helephant quest yet, so I don't know if there's any thing I'm missing from there, but considering it's only a dungeon side quest, I wager it's not much.

Overall, as much as I loved Wysteria, it wasn't as good as I hoped it would be. I still think it has a lot of potential and I hope that KI will return to the world eventually.