Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Realm Hopping

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 21, 2013
I don't know if anyone is aware if this, but there is a glitch when you hop realms. For example I want to hop a realm. So i pick Ambrose, and when I hop the realm, I end up in Bernie. So, how come when I select the realm I want to go to, I end up in a completely different realm. Anyone else had this problem?

**Connor Legendbane** 87

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
This happens when you try to join a full realm. It might have said Crowded when you listed it, but was full when you tried joining it.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
The Weather Man on Sep 4, 2016 wrote:
I don't know if anyone is aware if this, but there is a glitch when you hop realms. For example I want to hop a realm. So i pick Ambrose, and when I hop the realm, I end up in Bernie. So, how come when I select the realm I want to go to, I end up in a completely different realm. Anyone else had this problem?

**Connor Legendbane** 87
If the Crowded Realm you chose fills up between when you opened the selection screen and when you clicked "Go To Realm", you'll go to the next available Realm in the alphabetical list.

Survivor
Jul 24, 2013
Realm hopping in full realms can possibly put you in a different realm that is not full. It's not a glitch. :)

Explorer
May 25, 2011
It might have happened to me but I've never realized. The only thing I could think of is that it is almost full and someone went into the realm right before you. This causes you to into the next available realm.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Depends on how full they are. If a realm is full, you won't be able to go to select it.

If you're switching to a busy realm, it may come up as an option. However if someone else ports there or logs in and takes the last remaining spot before you get there, you will automatically get bumped to the next realm that has an available spot.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
So um, this belongs in Halston's Laboratory....

maybe The Commons, but definitely not The Dorms. (Please see The Rules!) (You are also more likely to get answered if you put your post in the right category!)

To answer yes, this happens to me too. I do not however think it's a glitch per se, but the fact that often times people all are trying to get on the busiest server, but there is a limit to the number of players that can be on that server. I think sometimes the game tries it's best to connect to the server aka "realm" that you requested, but that sometimes it can't process the request so instead of just sitting there forever trying to connect (because the realm is too full to join) it bumps you to a server that does have some space. Hopefully that makes some sense.

Good luck!

Defender
Dec 05, 2013
When that happens to me it is as you explained, I want to go to Ambrose. Ambrose is by far the most popular realm and if it and someone half way across the world click it at the same time only one of you will end up in that realm if there is only one spot, hope this helps!

Alexander Dragondreamer 110
Alexander Stormdreamer 57

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
This is not a glitch. If you're trying to go into a realm that's already full, it will bump you down into the next available realm.

Alia Misthaven

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
I don't know whether that is a glitch, it might be from that realm filling up and then you are forced into another realm. It might have something to do with asking to join other realms that it didn't allow you to join. I don't know for sure for all of this.