Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New idea; Energy Wisps!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Oct 24, 2012
Ever get tired of waiting around for energy, and don't have the funds to buy those pesky energy elixirs? Well these "Energy Wisps" would have the basic greenish/yellow glow to them and would be extremely rare. Maybe 1 wisp per area every thirty minutes and it has to be normal/crowded. This wisp would replenish your energy by 5%-10%. Just an idea.
Thoughts???
~RainbowHeart~
~RainCloud~

Defender
Oct 24, 2012
Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Health and mana wisps exist because those don't automatically refill over time. Energy always refills over time at the same rate for everyone no matter what they are doing, even offline. Health and mana do not. The way it is now is the most fair way to do it. If you don't want to pay for energy elixirs, go win some free on Grub Guardian. This idea would just cost KI money and have very little benefit to game play.

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
this shouldn't be a problem

5$ gets 2500 crowns
elixer costs 250 crowns
250x10 = 2500
5$ = 10 energy elixers, enough to raise your pet from epic to mega with some mega snack packs and loved snacks

25$ worth of crowns = 13750
13750 worth of crowns gets u 55 energy elixers, basically raising 6 pets to ultra with mega snack packs and loved snacks.

energy wisps? game o luck? 30 minutes every area? cmon everybody lets make all the unpopular realms popular with energy wisps!

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I see no reason there can't be energy wisps. If so they could make them rare to appease those who think players should pay for energy mana. And make them like the fish so that one person sees but the other doesn't. That way you don't get players loitering and diving for the wisps and competing to get the energy wisps.

While on the wisp topic - why are there no wisps at the big park? The one with the soldiers in it in Wizard City. It's between two avenues of monsters. But no wisps?

I thought red mana did refill slowly as long as the player is in the game? (It won't change if they log out.) Blue doesn't, but there are a lot of blue wisps in the Commons.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
or simply make it a possible reward from a silver chest, a minor energy potion....

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
Not going to happen. People pay for energy elixirs. KI isn't going to eliminate that. Energy already replenishes itself over time, the people buying it are just not patient enough to wait. Or all members during Double something.

I do think the replenishment rate needs to be looked at as it is now possible to have more Energy on gear than can be replenished, even at the accelerated member rate, in 24 hours.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
SparkleTude on Aug 31, 2016 wrote:
I see no reason there can't be energy wisps. If so they could make them rare to appease those who think players should pay for energy mana. And make them like the fish so that one person sees but the other doesn't. That way you don't get players loitering and diving for the wisps and competing to get the energy wisps.

While on the wisp topic - why are there no wisps at the big park? The one with the soldiers in it in Wizard City. It's between two avenues of monsters. But no wisps?

I thought red mana did refill slowly as long as the player is in the game? (It won't change if they log out.) Blue doesn't, but there are a lot of blue wisps in the Commons.
Health only refills while in a safe area like the common areas of each world. It doesn't refill in combat areas, which is every place else in the spiral.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
seethe42 on Sep 13, 2016 wrote:
Health only refills while in a safe area like the common areas of each world. It doesn't refill in combat areas, which is every place else in the spiral.
And it refills in castles/housing areas.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
High Five Ghost on Sep 14, 2016 wrote:
And it refills in castles/housing areas.
Which is a safe/non-combat area like I said. It should be noted it refills at half rate in houses compared to commons.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
seethe42 on Sep 13, 2016 wrote:
Thanks - isn't the park area a safe area though, even though it's between two battle areas?

I was talking about wisps hovering in the park though, not the mana refilling on its own with time passing.

There are wisps around some of the Boss battle areas and there are wisps floating through streets that have battle circles in them, and over the sidewalks.
So I meant the wisps. Thank you for the chance to clarify my post :)