Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Guide to earning your Skeleton Key Boss Badges

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jun 13, 2011
OK, so, in the past, previous Skeleton Key bosses, before those implemented in updates, didn't have badges to earn since the 4 Dungeons update got Live, & later, the other 2 haven't.

Now, in the present, I am very happy to see that all past 7 Skeleton Key bosses have badges to earn by defeating them! Thank you, KingsIsle!!

To those seeking them, here's the list in order to their previous launches, and yes, I'm including those that already have badges to earn.

Phantom's Menace - Defeat Temple Phantom in Hollow Mountain, Kembaalung Village

Cutter's Bane - Defeat Billy the Cutter in State Wing, Marleybone

In'Zhizor's Undoing - Defeat In'Zhizor in Lower Zigazag, Krokotopia

Caged the Elephant - Defeat Bellosh in House of Scales, Krokotopia

Bunferatu's Downfall - Defeat Bunferatu in Upper Halls, Castle Darkmoor

Master of the Masterless - Defeat Takanobu the Masterless in Cave of Solitude, MooShu

Lambent's Damper - Defeat Lambent Fire in Crystal Caves, Avalon

Flower Power - Defeat Aphrodite Two in Graveyard, Castle Darkmoor

Simon's Bane - Defeat Simon the Sayer in Sunken City, Wizard City

Reading Room Roustabout - Defeat Ra in Hall of Doors, Krokotopia

Ixnay on the Ixcax - Defeat Ixcax Cursedwing in Black Sun Pyramid Master Chamber, Azteca

Omen's Adversary - Defeat Omen Stribog in River of Frozen Tears, Polaris

Well, that's the list of badges you can now earn by defeating the Skeleton Key bosses, presently. I can think that if KI adds more Skeleton Key bosses, which we always like them to do, we'll be sure to face them & earn more new badges from them.

Happy dueling & badge seeking, Wizards!

BTW, to those who placed the info in these pages about most Skeleton Key bosses that formerly didn't have badges at W101 central Wiki, you may need to update them to include new badge information.

And to Kelsey Fireheart, yes, I mean the girl who updated this page about Skeleton Key badges in Stars of the Spiral, there's a few name & location typos to fix. Lambent Fire's name is not Lambert, Bellosh is found in House of Scales & is not named Belloq, Ixcax's name is not Ixcac & she's found in the Black Sun Pyramid Master Chamber, it's second dungeon, you forgot to input "the" in Billy the Cutter's name, you forgot to input "the Sayer" in Simon the Sayer's name, & Bunferatu is found in Upper Halls in Castle Darkmoor, it's 2nd dungeon, not the 1st. Yes. I looked at the page.

Survivor
Oct 18, 2015
Hero
May 07, 2015
thanks Trimond! now I know that the past bosses have badges! I love the phantom's menace and caged the elephant badges!

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Great rundown and reminder Trimond!

Now, if we could just get all the housing gauntlets some badges.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Pynta on Aug 16, 2016 wrote:
Awesome!

Thanks!
You're welcome!

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
sun girl1122 on Aug 16, 2016 wrote:
thanks Trimond! now I know that the past bosses have badges! I love the phantom's menace and caged the elephant badges!
You're very welcome! Yeah, I do love these badges, along with In'Zhizor's Undoing, Bunferatu's Downfall, Caged the Elephant, and Lambent's Damper.

I have no doubt many people will be seeking them in the many months to come.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Oran of Urz on Aug 16, 2016 wrote:
Great rundown and reminder Trimond!

Now, if we could just get all the housing gauntlets some badges.
Thanks!

My guess on your comment, the Cuckoo Clock Gauntlet needs a badge, yes?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Trimond297 on Aug 18, 2016 wrote:
Thanks!

My guess on your comment, the Cuckoo Clock Gauntlet needs a badge, yes?
100% on the mark.

Hero
May 07, 2015
I have the phantom's menace badge now! yay!

also,

I have an idea for a cuckoo gauntlet badge, how about cuckoo clock collector or cuckoo clock destroyer or something like that?

-Miranda

"if you play with fire, you will get burned"

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
Very nice guide, thank you Trimond.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Mr Talon on Sep 17, 2016 wrote:
Very nice guide, thank you Trimond.
You're very welcome. I wish you luck in finding them and earning your badges!

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Well, Wizards, there's now a new Skeleton Key boss added to the game, and, don't be too surprised if you've not heard this before, but, the new Skeleton Key boss does not require a specific type of Skeleton Key to duel that boss in. Rather, there are all Skeleton Lock types present in that new boss, and all any Wizard has to do to duel that new boss now is to use whichever Skeleton Key type they brought with them!

No need to use all types at once to duel the same boss at tougher states. Just pick whichever Skeleton Key you want to use & use it.

That new universal Skeleton Key boss that I spoke about? Well, it's called... the Krampus!

So, presently, he doesn't have a badge by defeating him, but that's no big deal. I've already sent my request to add that in. You can still duel him to get his new unique rewards &/or just to have a thrill dueling him again.

Well, nevertheless, I've thought I would update this guide to inform you all about the new SK boss added. You can find him at Wizard City's Ravenwood, Colossus Blvd., Survey Camp at Celestia, & Polaris' Walruskberg Harbor.

We can wait until he has a badge added in. Until that time comes, go out & duel the Krampus! Happy dueling, Wizards!

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
Thank you so much for this guide! I am missing some badges, and now I know exactly where to get them. Awesome job! :D

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Snee432 on Dec 9, 2016 wrote:
Thank you so much for this guide! I am missing some badges, and now I know exactly where to get them. Awesome job! :D
You're welcome!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Trimond297 on Aug 15, 2016 wrote:
OK, so, in the past, previous Skeleton Key bosses, before those implemented in updates, didn't have badges to earn since the 4 Dungeons update got Live, & later, the other 2 haven't.

Now, in the present, I am very happy to see that all past 7 Skeleton Key bosses have badges to earn by defeating them! Thank you, KingsIsle!!

To those seeking them, here's the list in order to their previous launches, and yes, I'm including those that already have badges to earn.

Phantom's Menace - Defeat Temple Phantom in Hollow Mountain, Kembaalung Village

Cutter's Bane - Defeat Billy the Cutter in State Wing, Marleybone

In'Zhizor's Undoing - Defeat In'Zhizor in Lower Zigazag, Krokotopia

Caged the Elephant - Defeat Bellosh in House of Scales, Krokotopia

Bunferatu's Downfall - Defeat Bunferatu in Upper Halls, Castle Darkmoor

Master of the Masterless - Defeat Takanobu the Masterless in Cave of Solitude, MooShu

Lambent's Damper - Defeat Lambent Fire in Crystal Caves, Avalon

Flower Power - Defeat Aphrodite Two in Graveyard, Castle Darkmoor

Simon's Bane - Defeat Simon the Sayer in Sunken City, Wizard City

Reading Room Roustabout - Defeat Ra in Hall of Doors, Krokotopia

Ixnay on the Ixcax - Defeat Ixcax Cursedwing in Black Sun Pyramid Master Chamber, Azteca

Omen's Adversary - Defeat Omen Stribog in River of Frozen Tears, Polaris

Well, that's the list of badges you can now earn by defeating the Skeleton Key bosses, presently. I can think that if KI adds more Skeleton Key bosses, which we always like them to do, we'll be sure to face them & earn more new badges from them.

Happy dueling & badge seeking, Wizards!

BTW, to those who placed the info in these pages about most Skeleton Key bosses that formerly didn't have badges at W101 central Wiki, you may need to update them to include new badge information.

And to Kelsey Fireheart, yes, I mean the girl who updated this page about Skeleton Key badges in Stars of the Spiral, there's a few name & location typos to fix. Lambent Fire's name is not Lambert, Bellosh is found in House of Scales & is not named Belloq, Ixcax's name is not Ixcac & she's found in the Black Sun Pyramid Master Chamber, it's second dungeon, you forgot to input "the" in Billy the Cutter's name, you forgot to input "the Sayer" in Simon the Sayer's name, & Bunferatu is found in Upper Halls in Castle Darkmoor, it's 2nd dungeon, not the 1st. Yes. I looked at the page.
Really enjoy seeing posts like this!

Great work and much appreciated! :D

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Star Edward on Jan 21, 2017 wrote:
Really enjoy seeing posts like this!

Great work and much appreciated! :D

You're welcome.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Well, the Test Realm's got three more new Skeleton Key bosses this time(I know, the 3rd time in this new update), and if you want to duel them, head on to the Test Realm, if you have met the requirements to gain access.

Being that they're on Test, I cannot post info, 'cause no info on Test is considered final yet. Once they're on Live and the W101Central Wiki's got info, I'll gladly place links to them. Best we can do now, wait.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Alright. We have three more new Skeleton Key bosses added in, and in a small patch, they all have new badges now! Like I spoke before, I'll update the guide when more new Skeleton Key bosses are in, and now, I am.

That being said, here are the new badges from these new bosses...

Sapoti's Savoir - Defeat Sapoti in Hall of Doors, Krokotopia

Hockins' Hex - Defeat Captain Hockins in Waterfront, Zafaria

Mimic Muter - Defeat Verboten Mimic in Aggrobah, Mirage

That's the update on this guide so far. If many W101Central Wiki contributors are out there documenting, you might need to do small updates to include new badges to them.

To those seeking badges, good news! You can go to them and get the badges from them now!

Just so you know, KI's polished the Krampus event, & I'm thinking defeating Krampus will award a new badge when he appears again(we can hope!)... probably in Christmas in July.

Well, enjoy!

BTW, to Dworgyn, is there some chance this post could be made into a sticky or placed into a new "Wizards Guides" section of the forums created to those seeking player-created guides?

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
The latest SK bosses have been placed up because of not only the badge hunters, but the documentations on W101CentralWiki may need updating from the contributors. I enjoyed obtaining badges from them, and can't wait to see more!