Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can you turn off the KIFG popup?

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jul 18, 2009
I know this might seem like a trivial matter, but it is pretty annoying after a long time, and it does send a message that KI might or might not be intending.

So I'm sure many of you are aware that if you either don't have an active membership or if you haven't bought crowns within the last month, the KI Free Games site pops up in your browser upon closing the game client. Is there any way to turn that off? I feel like I'm being treated like a trial player with these self-promotion ads when, in fact, I have been playing continuously for over 7 years and love the game so much that I bought (and continue to buy) every area permanently with crowns and even then, I still buy tons of crowns for new mounts and holiday hoard packs. I even get on daily and do the quizzes for my daily 100 crowns. I understand and accept why crowns players don't get member benefits, but this is just silly.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
That would be nice, because yeah I found it really annoying too when I was using crowns.

Delver
Dec 15, 2009
Before I got my one year membership I hated that too. Then I got it, then I was like.. wow they must have stopped it.. until I found this thread and it's for a membership benefit....

Survivor
Oct 18, 2015
There is one way around this.
Open task manager and shut down the wizard101 process :)

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Pynta on Aug 17, 2016 wrote:
There is one way around this.
Open task manager and shut down the wizard101 process :)
Oh cool, I will do this! Thank ya!