Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 8-12-16

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Once again, it's Friday. That means it's time for a new feedback topic! Hooray!

We have a new gardening pack in Wizard101 that’s full of sparkle! It’s been a while since you’ve seen a new type of plant like the jewel plants in Farley’s Gardening Pack. If you could invent a new type of plant, what would it be, and what could you harvest from it?

Have a wonderful weekend, Wizards!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
May 12, 2011
I would love to see a plant that drops some new snacks, higher level ones maybe with 75 or 100 xp for that long hike to mega and ultra. It could look like a mango tree, and reseed. Call it magnificent mango maybe. Also maybe drop some fossils. I know the fickle pickles do but would be nice if they dropped from a plant that's less needy. I think it would be very interesting if we could also have a plant that dropped housing blocks for all those avid crafters out there. A Stonehenge tree possibly. We really need some new higher level snacks with the upgrading that pets have had :)

Survivor
Dec 07, 2012
Dracornian, main/important drops are the new TCs. (Draconian because dragonspyre is where the new maw quest is.

Defender
Apr 09, 2011
I would make a really rare seed that let's you grow the school trees and they take longer then usual to get to elder and they are hard to grow but give really good rewards.

Survivor
Oct 11, 2012
I would invent a plant called the Speedy Weed. During regular harvests, it would give rental mounts (1 Day). At elder harvests, it would give another rental mount (7 Day this time), with a chance at a random permanent mount. How you would obtain the seed is from a pack that has yet to be released. Interesting question!

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
A PvP plant

It would drop arena tickets, gold and rare pvp useful tc(shift, triage, dimension shift) at mature. At elder it would drop the same but to a higher degree with a chance to drop gear, furniture or reagents that you can acquire at the arena vendor. For even more fun the plant's chance to drop rare items would increase with your pvp rank!

Survivor
Feb 12, 2010
Aloe plant. Harvest= Gold, Rice Wispies cereal snack, Random life and Health jewels and of course Aloe leaves reagent.

Survivor
Jan 08, 2010
A money tree because money can grow on trees if you believe in it

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
A Collie-Flower. A flower, with the face of a Border Collie dog. The harvests could be just about anything Marleybone themed.

Survivor
May 20, 2013
I would LOVE to see, stay with me here, school themed plants!

What you could harvest from them would be specifically school themed items like fire snacks, reagents, housing items and possibly even pets would all be dropped from the fire plants, storm themed snacks ,reagents, housing items and possibly even pets could be dropped from the storm themed school plant and so on.
It'd be really cool if they had very school designs, like they just "scream" life, or myth!
Perhaps these new plants could have their designs based on the Arcanum school teachers.

Something else that I would love to see but is a bit far fetched are plants dropping gear. Now I don't mean pve or pvp gear, that would be insane, but a new type of energy gear. I'd except them to be minor energy gear, because it would be too much of an advantage to have green ward gear to drop from a plant .

The last type of plant that I would really like to see are carnivorous plants! Like a mini version of the abhorrent plant in the "Botanical Garden" house. This plant could drop cool gardening tc, and maybe a new rank 7-9 carnivorous plant snack, that'd be really cool.

Also, I would love to give a huge thanks to you guys for already having such a huge variety of plants which I love to garden, keep on at it K.I!

Survivor
Jul 14, 2013
A plant similar to sword ferns (reseeding, blade spells, etc.), except it would give out trap based cards. At elder, it would give out those odd convert types similar to what Ixcax uses (converting any kind of damage to, say, ice damage, not just fire to ice), along with potent trap. It could also give out the recent and future lore spell cards.

Hero
May 07, 2015
I would love a plant called the flower of magic. it would drop stuff from wizard city all the way up to Polaris, like tc stat less gear statless wands and stuff

Survivor
Oct 20, 2011
A yeti spider plant that drops a pet when it is full grown.
the plant would look like a weeping willow with lot of spider on it.
it could drop yeti spider egg,yeti spider tc cards,some polaris items,some kind of polaris food.
the seed can be rare or easy get from fighting in polaris or find in treasure chest.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Maybe a Giant Club Moss
Rank 5 Gardener
Large enchanted plot

A giant green branching club moss that grows out of a ruffled, verdant bed of thallophytes

Mature harvest possible drops: Fossil, Shadow Oil, Coal; tc Fuels for every school; tc converts that work like Ixcax converts, filtering all damage types to say, death or fire; bogwiches and other swamp- or marsh- themed snacks

Elder harvest possible drops: Amber, Diamond, Ghost Fire, housing Sconces, Braziers, Torches, and Furnaces of all types; level 72+ limited no-trade TC Detonate and TC Backdraft; rank 8 dino-themed snack; very high but not 100% chance to reseed at elder. (Fossil fuels are not renewable, not on the time scale of human civilization)

Found in: Boss drops in Tierra de Brea and Pitch Black Lake, the Black Hole, Deepest Mine, Ixcax' drop table, Kondha Desert, etc.

Survivor
Jun 02, 2016
A crown plant. You could harvest crowns ranging between 10 crowns to 399 crowns. It could look like a apple tree but replace the apples with money bags.

Robert ShadowBlade
Wizard

Survivor
Jul 19, 2014
The Amberyllis. It would of course drop Amber. The insanely hard to get reagent.

Survivor
Aug 02, 2013
I would buy, if available, plants that have a chance to drop some crown elixirs. Ever in if a rare chance at mature harvest, a plant that drops an energy elixir would be awesome. Or imagine a plant that drops a major experience elixir, or a fishing luck elixir; the possibilities are endless....

Survivor
May 20, 2013
Happy Fun Ball on Aug 13, 2016 wrote:
A plant similar to sword ferns (reseeding, blade spells, etc.), except it would give out trap based cards. At elder, it would give out those odd convert types similar to what Ixcax uses (converting any kind of damage to, say, ice damage, not just fire to ice), along with potent trap. It could also give out the recent and future lore spell cards.
I think the idea of a "trap fern" with all of those traps would be a splendid idea, and since traps are used less than blades, giving the drop pool a little spice with the convert traps would certainly be cool, however if we were to have a plant that dropped lore tc, id think they need an entire plant by themselves, not be dropped from the trap tc plant.

The idea of a plant that specifically gives lore tc is a very fascinating one though. The design could be like tall vines who's buttons would be cards. And it would be commonly used by everyone since crafting requires these treasure cards. Also, this plant could be dropped from lore master herself!

Survivor
Jun 04, 2016
The Infinite Plant! It never dies, and each harvest is better than the other. You have to come everyday to water it and it can stay alive for ever unless you forget it, it can rot and it's the rarest plant of the whole game.

Explorer
Jul 17, 2012
How about adding a monkey flower that looks like a monkey. Harvests would be mega snacks mostly. It could also give gear that is specific for the school of the gardener. Doing this would give a reason for all my wizards to have a garden.The gear would be the best of the gear offered in the game. That way those of us who do not enjoy fighting the toughest bosses over and over might have a chance to get some of the most desirable gear.

Hero
May 02, 2009
Plant Name: Shadow Dandelion.
Looks Like: A Dandelion plant corrupted by Shadow Magic.
Difficulty: 7
Rewards: 6
Likes: Garden Gnomes, Shadow Weaver & Shadow Magic themed furniture.
Dislikes: Non-Shadow Plants.
Baby to Young Time: 24 hours (12 with full likes).
Young to Mature: 12 hours (6 with full likes).
Mature to Elder: 12 hours (6 with full likes).
Pests: Garden Imps, Shadow Pixie (rank 6 pest, looks like a Pixie that's been corrupted by Shadow Magic).
Harvests (Mature): 500 XP, 300 Gold, 2 Shadow Enhanced TCs, 2 Pet Snacks including Shadow Weaver Maggots (rank 7 Pet Snack: 8 Power, 7 Intellect, 7 Will).
Harvests (Elder): 1500 XP, 1300 Gold, 4 Shadow Enhanced TCs, 3 Pet Snacks including Shadow Weaver Maggots (rank 7 Pet Snack: 8 Power, 7 Intellect, 7 Will), Shadow Weaver Statue, Morganthe Statue, Malistaire the Undying Statue.
Crowns Shop Price: 1300 Crowns, 13000 gold.
Dropped By: All Shadow Weaver Bosses from Khrysalis onward, Morganthe, Malistaire the Undying (Shadow).

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
A Pot-a-toes plant. A black pot that has a bunch of toes coming out of it like petals drops: Deep Mushroom, Ectoplasm, Grendelweed and things similar to StinkWeeds (which are also a like).

Indian Paintbrush A paintbrush that is wearing a headress drops gems, vines and braided vine.

Skunk Cabbage. Cabbabe with a skunk tail. Drops similar to Stinkweeds et al.

Trembleweed: A tumbleweed that looks very scared. (Eyes dart perhaps like the snowball and rock pets?) Drops Ancient Scroll and Amberdust

Bandana Banana Similar to the Bamboo Shoots in terms of appearance, but a Banana stuck in the ground. Always drops King Banana pet snack but otherwise also similar drops to Bamboo shoots.

So some of the ingredients from Macbeth are actually plants instead of animals so what if we include: Eye of Newt as a plant? (If not a plant, then maybe just a reagent somewhere, but a lot of those are actually plants). Such as:

Hounds Tongue: Dog shaped flower with huge slobbery tongue. Drops water based reagents.

ButterCups: If you every saw the old Willy Wonka as he's singing "Pure Imagination" he stops for a sip of tea from a flower. I see ButterCup like this, but yellow and maybe even dripping butter haha Drops Golden Pearl and Amber (amber at elder, maybe dust before)

Just some ideas!

Survivor
Aug 14, 2016
Here are a few of my suggestions for new plants.

Foxglove: Looks similar to a Dandelion, but instead of it looking like a lion, it looks like a red fox. It drops Avalon themed items.

Arctic Foxglove: A higher level version of the Foxglove. It looks similar to a Foxglove, except that it's an arctic fox instead of a red fox. It drops Polaris themed items.

Cobra Lily: A lily plant with a Thunder Snake wrapped around the stem. It drops snake and Storm School themed items.

Shieldleaf: A plant with a Tower Shield as a flower. It drops various shield treasure cards and furniture.

Survivor
May 07, 2013
I would invent the Wind in the Willow(s).

It would sound something like the Desparagus: except possibly more farting noises than burps (farts are funnier than burps & not quite as disturbing to listen to / I also quite like the thought of someone sitting down to play and then having to explain that the random 'parps' are not actually coming from them).

Drops:

Until elder harvest, the drops are gold and a variety of shields (including those that protect more than one player.

At elder harvest, the drop is one mega snack and either a pet or a mount or a seed to grow a new replacement plant. Elder drops cannot be auctioned but can be placed in the shared bank.

Pets:

The pets dropped are either: a rat, a mole, a badger or a toad and these pets would have the following 'card' bonus from adult:.

The Rat would give a 10% bonus to resist all Storm and Ice spells (water - storms bring rain and ice melts).
The Mole would give a 5% bonus to resist whenever the player/owner was battling with others.
The Badger would give a 5% bonus to resist whenever the player/owner was battling solo.
The Toad would give a 10% speed bonus to the player.

These pets would only be available as drops from the Wind in the Willow plant. Hatching them results in a (new) Weasel or a (new) Stoat pet with the following 'card' bonus at adult:

The Weasel has a Steal Charm card.
The Stoat has a Steal Ward card.

Mounts:

This is a permanent mount. It could be one of either a boat, a horse drawn caravan or a motorcar.

Seed:

The plant does not automatically reseed. Occasionally it drops the seed of itself, rather than a mount or a pet. Unfortunately, this means that the player has to replant it and try again for the pet or the mount.

Cost: 10,000 crowns.

Administrator
These are some very unique and thoughtful ideas, Wizards! We'll have to keep these in mind when creating future plants! A new topic shall come around this way shortly...

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea