Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Evil Magma Peas

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Evil Magma Peas are all the rage in the gardening community. Why/what is the best place to get them in your experience? (I'd prefer not to have to fork out a bunch of crowns.) Also any speculation when the next gardening event will be?

Explorer
Jan 19, 2014
The best place I got magma peas was that life school ogre in Avalon. He was the easiest for me. As for the next gardening event, I would say soon because we have not had one in a while.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
I think I may have gotten one as a drop during my adventures, but I fed it to my pet before I knew they were any good.

I tried farming the Ogre too, as it is the quickest one of all the bosses that drop it. I think the rest of the bosses that drop it are at the end of a dungeon, whereas the Ogre you just go straight to the fight.

When I actually farmed him trying to get seeds, I never got a single one. Granted I didn't farm 18 hours a day, seven days a week. On average I probably farmed it about 8 - 10 hours a week for a couple of weeks before I gave up and moved on. When I finally bought the seeds, I realized I put in far less hours at work to earn the money I spent buying the seeds than I spent fighting the Ogre over, and over, and over again to get absolutely nothing.

I ended up buying 24 seeds on two of my accounts during a Plant-a-palooza event. I don't think they were a full 50% off, but they were close enough. Then I just kept multiplying my seeds during Double Gardening Rewards events. Currently I have nine wizards on two accounts each with 69 plot EMP gardens in two separate houses, and the other three wizards all have one 69 plot garden. They're all sitting at mature so that they're ready to harvest the very first day of the next DGR event, which I'm estimating is probably going to be in September or October.

Plant-a-palooza; I think I once saw somewhere a list of the schedules for the a-palooza events, but I don't remember where. There's probably a plant one coming soon as I don't recall seeing one for quite a while now. The schedule may have also changed with the addition of the Fish-a-palooza event that was added to the rotation this summer.