Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PVP is unfair

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 06, 2012
After years and years of trying to figure out pvp I have yet again to figure it out. I was on my balance wizard who is now private after a few failures. She was going against high ranked people who were only a few levels lower than her, and they also went first every single time. I am sick and tired of the way pvp is matched up. It is impossible for us "privates" to ever get anywhere when kingside is on their side. Anyways after I was done with her I decided to go on my higher level wizard to try out pvp and was yet again defeated by someone who was level 76, two levels lower than me, mind you they were sergeant and they got to go first. What is it going to take for kingside to realize that the match ups are unfair. It was fine the last age when privates were going against privates, ect. But this third age has runned it for me. Also I almost forgot to mention the ridiculous "weapon cast" that high level wizards are suppost to have, yet I have been defeated my many lower leveled wizards who have weapon cast. Thank you for taking the time to read my post and comment if you agree please we need to fix this

Survivor
Dec 31, 2013
Absolutely agree. Even in a simple practice round, my level 20 wizard was pitted against a level 110. I said I would not play against anyone outside my skill range and I still went up against a Veteran Player. This system simply isn't fair.

Survivor
Dec 26, 2008
doctorholmes on Aug 11, 2016 wrote:
Absolutely agree. Even in a simple practice round, my level 20 wizard was pitted against a level 110. I said I would not play against anyone outside my skill range and I still went up against a Veteran Player. This system simply isn't fair.
When queuing for a Practice PvP match, you don't need to use the "Quick Match Up" (whatever it's called) button, you're given the luxury of choosing who and what level Wizard you want to go against. Use that luxury.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
I agree with the OP too. I use to play and beat other players no matter what their level was; but found this incredibly boring and stale continuing to get matched up with lower level players; so I quit PvP. Reading a fresh posting talking about this same issue in August 2016 only affirms why I quit PvP. As a work-around solution, I wish PvP could have matches and tournaments that could be set up in advance to eliminate and have level differences. This way, its a win-win for everyone.

Survivor
Apr 28, 2012
PvP I not giving certain schools advantages in you must know what your school is strong vs others for example is good with attack all enemies spells so more people means more effectiveness in the arena you must figure out what you can do and what you can't do.