Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fishing Glitches

AuthorMessage
Historian
Nov 28, 2010
I mentioned in the Feedback Friday thread an issue with lures hovering above the water in Botanical Gardens houses. That seems to have gone away.

However last night I came across two other problems. Earlier in the day I was fishing in the Drake Hatchery and had cast Winnow Storm looking for a Purple Grunion. It wasn't there, and I was out of energy so I quit and started fishing with another wizard. When I came back hours later, the fish in the Drake Hatchery hadn't spawned yet. This isn't the first time that has happened, and I've found the solution is to quit and come back in. It didn't work the first time, so I tried a few more times; they never spawned.

So again, I went and did some fishing with other wizards for about half an hour and tried again. Still nothing spawned. I just tried again a few minutes ago. When I logged in the first time, nothing. But I quit and popped back in, and that time they spawned. (And I just caught me a Purple Grunion!)

A little later on last night on my other two accounts, I decided to get some of the new Doodlefish. I found a Balance House in Castle Tours looking to get some Alhazred Doodlefish. When I got there, not only were there no fish, the fishing icon didn't even appear. Then I remembered one of the wizards I was fishing with at that time has the Balance House, so I went there. There were fish there, and the fishing icon appeared as well.

The house on Castle Tours worked on Thursday or Friday night when I was fishing there with 2 other wizards.

There doesn't really seem to be any consistency in the glitches, other than that they are affecting fishing. I wish I could nail it down, but Saturday was the only time I've had the issues so far, and they seemed to change throughout the day.