Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Prodigious PvP Is Out of Control

AuthorMessage
Squire
May 10, 2013
If it hasn't been obvious before, it's obvious now. Something is wrong in the max PvP system.

Many new common annoyances and strategies are being overly used to the point where I had to bring it to the message boards and hear your opinions.

Let's go after every school and see there share of problems.

Fire:
Many things is the problem with Fire. Fire From Above has proven major in a fire's key strategy to win a match. It's gotten to the point its used more than TC in a Level 5 PvP match...

Ice:
Weaver has been a problem ever since Darkmoor has been released. Ice has access to many different spells. It has Winter Moon. It has Frostbite. All these spells contribute it to the fact that its a top tier in PvP.

Storm:
I don't even need to go in depth with Storm. Ever since the Polaris update, Storm has been a PAIN to verse in PvP. Having strong spells like Rusulka's Wrath, Wild Bolt, Leviathan and more stuff, (mainly for 2v2+)

Myth:
Never really a problem for me to face but with having Ninja Pigs & Keeper of the Flame in their arsenal it can bring a difficult opponent.

Life:
Also never difficult for me to face, life has Weaver and Caterpillar, along with easy access to heals. If Wings of Fate was more effective in a 2v2 then it in reality is, Life would be a fierce opponent, but sadly at the moment in the meta it is not.

Death:
Critical death is a popular ever since the Polaris Update, being able to deal 2000 damage with a SINGLE vampire and while not taking as much damage. Add Winged Sorrow and Skeletal Pirate (which does about 700 enchanted at base) Death is a pain to fight.

Balance:
Balance has been broken since Loremaster and with the inclusion of the Darkmoor update Balance has gone too far. I literally have nothing to say. The current meta says all. Savage Paw. Loremaster. Gaze. All of these spells are just way to OP for balance, and if possible, I believe they should be nerfed.

These are my opinions. What do you think?
PlayHard101
Once a death wizard, always a death wizard.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
PlayHard101 on Jul 17, 2016 wrote:
If it hasn't been obvious before, it's obvious now. Something is wrong in the max PvP system.

Many new common annoyances and strategies are being overly used to the point where I had to bring it to the message boards and hear your opinions.

Let's go after every school and see there share of problems.

Fire:
Many things is the problem with Fire. Fire From Above has proven major in a fire's key strategy to win a match. It's gotten to the point its used more than TC in a Level 5 PvP match...

Ice:
Weaver has been a problem ever since Darkmoor has been released. Ice has access to many different spells. It has Winter Moon. It has Frostbite. All these spells contribute it to the fact that its a top tier in PvP.

Storm:
I don't even need to go in depth with Storm. Ever since the Polaris update, Storm has been a PAIN to verse in PvP. Having strong spells like Rusulka's Wrath, Wild Bolt, Leviathan and more stuff, (mainly for 2v2+)

Myth:
Never really a problem for me to face but with having Ninja Pigs & Keeper of the Flame in their arsenal it can bring a difficult opponent.

Life:
Also never difficult for me to face, life has Weaver and Caterpillar, along with easy access to heals. If Wings of Fate was more effective in a 2v2 then it in reality is, Life would be a fierce opponent, but sadly at the moment in the meta it is not.

Death:
Critical death is a popular ever since the Polaris Update, being able to deal 2000 damage with a SINGLE vampire and while not taking as much damage. Add Winged Sorrow and Skeletal Pirate (which does about 700 enchanted at base) Death is a pain to fight.

Balance:
Balance has been broken since Loremaster and with the inclusion of the Darkmoor update Balance has gone too far. I literally have nothing to say. The current meta says all. Savage Paw. Loremaster. Gaze. All of these spells are just way to OP for balance, and if possible, I believe they should be nerfed.

These are my opinions. What do you think?
PlayHard101
Once a death wizard, always a death wizard.
there fine (Mostly only care about Myth Wizard) how this is pvp fair (Myth only school don't have healing spell to own school then just useless minion except Talos because only minion does something then other then fizzle there spell like golem minion?

Explorer
Nov 24, 2010
If you're looking for a way to make PVP more fair, this thread on How To Fix PVP should help address and solve the major disadvantage of going second. While fighting any school from second is a burden, it will at least eliminate the extra burden of going second. Nobody wants to lose simply because they were second.

Defender
Mar 08, 2011
JustinFrostHunter on Jul 18, 2016 wrote:
there fine (Mostly only care about Myth Wizard) how this is pvp fair (Myth only school don't have healing spell to own school then just useless minion except Talos because only minion does something then other then fizzle there spell like golem minion?
As a myth, I have to disagree. Many people are annoyed that we can chain medusas to stun for 5 rounds straight, though I think that's fine as it requires a good hand and max pips. Also, the golem minion is great... for sacrifice. I also like witches house call minions a lot.

Squire
May 10, 2013
JustinFrostHunter on Jul 18, 2016 wrote:
No, it is anywhere but fine. Max PvP can be so brainless at times that a match can end in 1 round.
Like for example, a storm could crit a max bolt and kills.
Some deaths need to build up pips to hit hard, but they get mana burned by a balance.
In order to make the PvP system fine, they need some nerfs.
For example, nerf some stuff like Jewels, Loremaster, and other stuff that contradict that Balance, Ice, Life, and Fire all dominate in max PvP.

PlayHard

Defender
May 02, 2015
Didn't a lot of this get fixed with the update post test realm?

I mean, yes, all hard earned critical and block talents on pets became totally obsolete - just in time for all of those pets that I just made to be a complete waste of hours of game play and millions in gold, but apparently the x1.25 critical changed fixed a lot.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
Bigboss1029 on Sep 4, 2016 wrote:
As a myth, I have to disagree. Many people are annoyed that we can chain medusas to stun for 5 rounds straight, though I think that's fine as it requires a good hand and max pips. Also, the golem minion is great... for sacrifice. I also like witches house call minions a lot.
never see "CHAIN TURN in PVP" that is impossible "can't chain stun in 4v4, if 4v4 stun block was nerf to 1 then 4

I don't really care about people having a spell to sacrifice a minion "they be defeat already be time when use sacrifice unless going second! you will have no chance using Sacrifice!

Defender
Mar 08, 2011
JustinFrostHunter on Sep 5, 2016 wrote:
never see "CHAIN TURN in PVP" that is impossible "can't chain stun in 4v4, if 4v4 stun block was nerf to 1 then 4

I don't really care about people having a spell to sacrifice a minion "they be defeat already be time when use sacrifice unless going second! you will have no chance using Sacrifice!
The chain stun is basically 1 vs 1 only, but considering the fact that many other schools have their good combo's and methods, I just think that the medusa thing is ok

Squire
Oct 29, 2011