Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What happened between Cyrus and Babayaga

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 03, 2015
I was just wondering, what happened between Baba yaga and Cyrus?, Cyrus said 'she was a friend once..', so it got me thinking. Did they have a falling out? or were they no longer able to see each other?. Especially how they are both Myth.

What are your thoughts?

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I imagine so, well you do realize that Cyrus isn't always the most pleasant person to be around (neither is Baba Yaga in my opinion either). I'm sure that there was something that caused Cyrus to become the way he is, I mean when you meet him in the 5 boxes event he has an outrageous affro, likes to paint and just seems not quite like his regular-self. Cyrus takes the Mythic arts very seriously, perhaps too much so, something he learned from his mentor?

Survivor
Oct 16, 2010
Well Baba Yaga does have a daughter and if I recall correctly we don't know who the father

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Oh my! That is true. However, I thought Baba Yaga was considerably older than the Drakes. However, I obviously don't know for sure and there is the possibility that they didn't let that get in the way....

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
The ravenwood roll call video on Cyrus answers this question but if you don't want to watch it the video it says Cyrus became interested in myth after malistare was beaten by a canny myth witch so she could be the one who taught him

Defender
Aug 03, 2015
I wonder if Malistre ever had a relationship with baba yaga? also baba yaga is a little bit crazy, so maby he had enough of her? also I am very curious of who the father of Melori is

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Trigon101060 on Aug 16, 2016 wrote:
I wonder if Malistre ever had a relationship with baba yaga? also baba yaga is a little bit crazy, so maby he had enough of her? also I am very curious of who the father of Melori is
I doubt Malistaire had much interaction with Baba Yaga other than the duel. I also think we are about 99.995632% sure that Baba Yaga is that Myth Witch that the Role Call Video talks about and helped inspire Cyrus in the Mythic Arts. Also in some traditions of Baba Yaga, there are actually three sisters that go by that title, just an interesting tidbit.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Also if you are interested KI released another Scholar Bio in their newsletter this time about Baba Yaga! From there we learn that she is originally from Avalon or at least she hints at that, never actually confirming it. Yet we know she has been in Polaris for a very long time. It's an interesting read though if you're interested.

Also here is a link to Cyrus's Role Call Video if you are interested.

Defender
Aug 03, 2015
Yes but who was the father of Mellori?

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Defender
Aug 03, 2015
exp613 on Aug 17, 2016 wrote:
Papa Yaga?
and who would that be?

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Well, it most definitely would be Cyrus before it would be Malistaire. However, it could be some random person we haven't met, (or may ever). This also assumes that Baba Yaga is Mellori's biological mother. Perhaps Mellori was adopted and therefore we don't know either of her birth parents? Mellori provides a boost to healing which is kind of interesting, suggesting she has an affinity for Life magic instead of following Baba Yaga's mythic ways. (Not that you have to belong to the same school as your parents as Vladen Drake was a Pyromancer, but it would make some sense.) Mellori could also be a changeling (swapped at birth by Faerie-folk) anyway she in my opinion doesn't look that much like Baba Yaga.