Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is role playing allowed?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
Is role playing allowed? A few people I met in the commons told me to beware because you could get banned for it. Is it true? I have never heard of this but will stop immediately if it is confirmed.

Joshua Summerheart, Level 110
Jason Summerspear, Level 110

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Hi! Role Playing by itself isn't a reportable offense; however, if your role play contains creative profanity (swearing around the filters), solicitation of usernames/passwords, predatory threats, racist comments and other such actions as outlined in the Terms of Use, then there would be an issue.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Like Dworgyn said, roleplaying isn't bad unless you RP about something that breaks ToS. A few years ago we had issues with a group of RPers that were getting wayyyy out of control and finally a bunch of sanctions were issued, so the people you talked to might have been remembering that incident. The RPers have since gone elsewhere and you won't see any trace of them, so RPing should be pretty safe these days, even if it's not as popular. I hope you will be among the players who bring it back again- the RP scene has been pretty dead for a long time now.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
Dworgyn on Jul 5, 2016 wrote:
Hi! Role Playing by itself isn't a reportable offense; however, if your role play contains creative profanity (swearing around the filters), solicitation of usernames/passwords, predatory threats, racist comments and other such actions as outlined in the Terms of Use, then there would be an issue.
So such things like sparring other people and role play fighting are allowed?
Sorry, I am just very worried lol. The warnings seemed quite serious and a few more people in some of the role play hubs also told of people who were banned because of it. Perhaps there might be more to the story than just role play .

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
A few years ago a lot people were doing family role playing and a smaller group of them were taking the 'husband and wife' thing a little too far. Actually, a LOT too far. They were banned. Role playing is still happening - someone asked me to be their "daughter" just the other day! (I declined) - but it doesn't seem to be nearly so popular as before.

As far as I know, role playing in and of itself is fine and always has been ... as long as what you're doing is suitable for kids aged 5-10 to participate.

Same with "fighting." You can duel and PVP to your heart's delight, but abusive and insulting language is not allowed and might get you muted or banned.

This is a family game with little kids playing - that's why KingsIsle is so strict about what people say and do in the game. Parents are trusting this site to be Disney, not HBO.

Alia Misthaven