Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Extreme difficulty in harvesting

AuthorMessage
Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Recently, pressing X to harvest is not working on every plant.
Harvesting the other way is extremely difficult with a stacked max garden. Scrolling over the plants needing harvests is just extremely difficult navigating over the right plant.

As I am writing this up, I gave it another try and all a sudden the X button worked, and I think it only worked because one plant got a need (sun).

Anyway, this was not the first time this happened. The press X to harvest is not always working and can use a fix.

Anyone else experiencing this or anything similar?

Explorer
May 28, 2012
The last two Beastmoon events I have had the same problem of my “X” button not working to harvest the plants. So I recently tried again and it is still not working correctly. This is frustrating especially on a crowns account,

Explorer
Oct 27, 2009
Same problem happening.

I thought that since we have plant all, and such why can't we have a harvest all spell or since
harvesting doesn't cost points just simply give us an icon type button to 'Harvest All'.

For me with nearly 1200 plants that would actually really help things.

Maybe even a new item like the seed vault called a wheelbarrow?

Where you can harvest ALL and it all goes to the wheelbarrow vault ?

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
AtomGrounder on May 16, 2020 wrote:
Same problem happening.

I thought that since we have plant all, and such why can't we have a harvest all spell or since
harvesting doesn't cost points just simply give us an icon type button to 'Harvest All'.

For me with nearly 1200 plants that would actually really help things.

Maybe even a new item like the seed vault called a wheelbarrow?

Where you can harvest ALL and it all goes to the wheelbarrow vault ?
Harvest all will cause problems. Especially for those who have so many elder plants. It can max out our gold, max us out on drops (tc, reagents, snacks, jewels, etc), while overflowing our backpacks with the seeds.

How about a replant/regrow re-garden spell instead. This would have to tell us ahead of time if we need room for any category (tc, reagent, gold, etc). The way this would work is, when all of a same-plant garden is elder, we do the spell and the entire garden magically resets.

So a garden of 69 couch potatoes can be replanted in 1 fell swoop.

Explorer
Oct 27, 2009
Aw, If they just made another item like the Weapon Vault, Seed Vault type thing
where. Wait. I see your direction of thought now.

Let's combine them.

First there is a wheelbarrow vault, where all harvested items, or overflow would go and then also a spell that would do the harvest all and replant all of that seed with all of the harvest going into wheelbarrow vault.

So plant harvest wouldn't go in the bank and overload it, but into the wheelbarrow.

The wheelbarrow would be the vault that all of the overflow would go so nothing is lost from the full harvest.

What do you think of that, both ideas combined, tell me that doesn't sound cool?

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
stemogstel on May 14, 2020 wrote:
Recently, pressing X to harvest is not working on every plant.
Harvesting the other way is extremely difficult with a stacked max garden. Scrolling over the plants needing harvests is just extremely difficult navigating over the right plant.

As I am writing this up, I gave it another try and all a sudden the X button worked, and I think it only worked because one plant got a need (sun).

Anyway, this was not the first time this happened. The press X to harvest is not always working and can use a fix.

Anyone else experiencing this or anything similar?
I've always experienced some lag in my gardens; most are maxed out with two triples of EMPs or other medium plots and triple stacked small plots. It has been extreme recently, and I have one garden where about half of the EMPs can only be harvested at Elder. X doesn't work on half the plants, nor does clicking them individually from within the gardening menu.

I garden them mainly for Mega Snacks, so I'm much concerned with missing out on Mature harvests and I know that support won't address concerns with stacked gardens, but wanted to share that you are not alone.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Those who responded: :D

If there was a way to be able to harvest elder plants and automatically replant - meaning no seed goes into the backpack - meaning we are guaranteed not to exceed 999 of any item - meaning other harvest rewards such as other seeds or housing items or jewels go into a "wheelbarrow" - meaning gold overflow can go into the wheelbarrow too --- sure, sounds cool to me!

My backpacks are so full. I have a some 69-plot gardens. For me to replant, I check my tc count, gold, backpack space. Then I usually harvest like 6 or 7 plants, constantly checking my backpack to make sure I have room for at least 2 items. Then I can use the plant-all spell. Still gotta make sure tc and gold don't max out. Repeat. If I reach max of anything (might be a reagent or a pet snack, etc.), I'll go to the bazaar and spend a lot of time finding all the stuff I've reached 999 of, sell what I can, then since I just sold stuff, gotta make sure the gold is good, might have to spend more time buying random rare reagents, except I have near max on most common reagents so this could take time. If I want to keep the tc (and deckathalon events now make us want to hold onto lots of tc we all used to sell without a thought), then I might have to trade to a mule account (but even those mules are maxed out now). Then, go back to garden and repeat any process until all 69 seeds get replanted.

So, basically, Atom, make a separate thread with your wheelbarrow idea and how it will make ease of all those processes mentioned above and hopefully KI incorporates it.
PS: A nice feature to include would be to tell us how much energy we will have left after casting.

Paige,
To try and stop the lag, try casting a 3-energy spell before larger spells. I like to keep a Tiger Lily going (I also have a rogue King Parsley and maybe a few other rogue seeds planted - usually like plants or jewel seeds). The Tiger Lily is to better my odds at Pixie. Try this and report back here if it stops the lag.

Clicking individually, I was able to do that, but maneuvering the cursor to each harvest-ready plant is so difficult to aim. I tried leaving the area/zone and coming back, then tried logging out completely. Both futile efforts. That was when I started typing this up. Then I checked back to the game before submitting and 1 King Parsley had a sun need, and all of a sudden I was able to finish my harvest. Maybe there's a work-around with this info too.

And maybe it is as Cheryl said and only happens during beastmoon. I haven't given it much thought the last time this happened, but this seems about right (because I remember it happened a few weeks prior to this time).

Hopefully this has been fixed in the recent update.

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
It has happened to me for a few years...Beastmoon or No Beastmoon. It is random and you never know when it will happen. I have not been able to find any fix for this, in all my efforts. Your right it is sometime extremely hard to aim plants on the bottom row in the middle. I am getting better at it, since I have had a lot of practice all this time. KI will not worry about problems in gardens that have them stacked...so I have never bothered to report the problem. Please lmk if anyone has any success. Would be grateful.

Scarlet ShadowStone

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
It's happening again right now. I click x and the 'click x' message goes away but nothing is harvested.

There is no Beastmoon going on.

I need to harvest fast before plant needs arise but here I am pausing my harvests to report it here.

I am going to test something. I'll cast a 3-energy garden spell not on a plant. It will use 1 energy.
It did not fix it.
I really need my energy but will do a different test. I will cast a 3-energy garden spell on a plant that doesn't need it.
That did not fix it either. I just wasted 4 crucial energy for naught.
Switching mounts did not fix it.
I'll log out and in.
Still no good.
I'll do another test. I'll cast a 3-energy spell on a plant actually needing it this time.
That did not fix it either!

I wasted time and energy troubleshooting something that should have been fixed a long long time ago.

In my first post here, there was one thing that may have temporarily provided a fix and that was a plant suddenly developed a need which was tended to. But that is something that cannot be done on command.

We need this to be fixed asap.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
It's only a few minutes since my last post but I have an update.

I remained at my garden while looking for the www.wizard101.com/forum/halstons-laboratory/spring-update-link-new-issues-here-please-8ad6a42571a0edd50171a3e1ee5c39e3?page=2#getPostLikeHistory_8ad6a42571ee3c8001721420ce064e96 topic and all a sudden I try continuing the harvest and it is working.

So what happened to allow me to click x to harvest again? It is as I surmised, a plant developed a need.

Another 15 energy now needs be spent to make sure no plant goes to ptd (progress to die).

This still needs a fix. It should never happen in the first place. And one other garden abnormality I notice sometimes happening is - the click x sometimes appears while I am on my mount.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
stemogstel on May 28, 2020 wrote:
It's happening again right now. I click x and the 'click x' message goes away but nothing is harvested.

There is no Beastmoon going on.

I need to harvest fast before plant needs arise but here I am pausing my harvests to report it here.

I am going to test something. I'll cast a 3-energy garden spell not on a plant. It will use 1 energy.
It did not fix it.
I really need my energy but will do a different test. I will cast a 3-energy garden spell on a plant that doesn't need it.
That did not fix it either. I just wasted 4 crucial energy for naught.
Switching mounts did not fix it.
I'll log out and in.
Still no good.
I'll do another test. I'll cast a 3-energy spell on a plant actually needing it this time.
That did not fix it either!

I wasted time and energy troubleshooting something that should have been fixed a long long time ago.

In my first post here, there was one thing that may have temporarily provided a fix and that was a plant suddenly developed a need which was tended to. But that is something that cannot be done on command.

We need this to be fixed asap.
I have had this problem off and on for a long time. All of my gardens are double stack only so I can at least see each one or move between the rows if needed.

The best thing I have found to remedy the issue without porting away and right back is to just move away from the plot for a minute or so then go back. Usually the X is working again.

I had no idea others were having this same issue, but as I said, I have had it for a long time along with the extreme lag when using large spells or spells that tend all indoor or outdoor plants. I have tried the single spell a time or two to see if it would help but there was no noticeable improvement.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
DragonLady1818 on May 28, 2020 wrote:
I have had this problem off and on for a long time. All of my gardens are double stack only so I can at least see each one or move between the rows if needed.

The best thing I have found to remedy the issue without porting away and right back is to just move away from the plot for a minute or so then go back. Usually the X is working again.

I had no idea others were having this same issue, but as I said, I have had it for a long time along with the extreme lag when using large spells or spells that tend all indoor or outdoor plants. I have tried the single spell a time or two to see if it would help but there was no noticeable improvement.
I've noticed twice now that waiting for a plant to develop a need allowed me to click the x for harvest again.
It's not a solution but perhaps can help the developers figure out a fix? I hope they read this and it helps.
- that's my face on imagining them using our posts here to help fix this.
Developers can change that face emoji with 1 simple reply to this topic.

Casting a single spell has helped prevent lag for me. It is the first thing I look to do when tending my gardens.

Has anyone encountered a separate but similar issue? For instance - I have also been able to click X for harvest while on my mount (but only sometimes).

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Can this issue please be fixed already

I cannot harvest some of my couch potatoes
I've tried porting in and out of the garden, logged out and back in, rebooted, spun by the garden, etc, and it still won't let me do the harvest.