Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game Update for May 7, 2020

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Here's the latest game update! If you see continued or different issues with the following, please reply below specifically for those issues:

Quests
  • Players can now complete the Storm Quest ‘Pitter Pattern’ and ‘Some Assembly Required’ on Triton Ave.
  • Quest ‘Good to be King’ will now reveal Thermidor
  • Herman in Crab Alley will now continue quest lines ‘Trouble Underfoot’ and ‘Under Pressure’
  • Some quests should no longer prematurely show or be offered twice
Combat & Items
  • Clarified some Krokotopian item set wand names
  • Sprite Queen spell card will now show up when looking over Auspice of Icewind Glad weapon
  • Pips are now properly deducted visually upon casting of the Storm school spell ‘Tempest’
  • First round PVP attacker now draws cards into hand
Pets & Mini-games
  • Hatching 2 Ultra Dark hounds now shows a completion timer
  • Spirit of the Forest pet now provides the ‘Growzone Layer’ card
  • Addressed an issue with not being able to skip mini-games after a win
  • Players can now craft the Fortified Grilled Cheese pet snack with the proper reagents
  • Ravenwood Hamster Pet Promenade reward should now drop the correct amount of time
  • Pet Promenade rewards and goal count should now show correctly
  • Several missing or incorrect pet reagent icons should now show correctly
UI
  • Improved explanation of mouseover tooltip icons
  • Improved how equipment comparing is presented
Misc
  • Resolved client crash when switching to Play as Your Pet mode
  • Adjusted Khrysalis Fishing catch rates
  • Several background music and SFX fixed

Depending on the type of bug, this may not be a complete list. If you are unsure if something has been resolved, please try logging into the game to confirm.

We are also still monitoring and resolving other known issues in this iterative process, and are continuing to improve upon the UI as feedback comes in. See the complete Update Notes here.

Let us know what you think of this latest update! Thanks Wizards.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2015
Ah yes! My friends and I we're being hit with the glitch in Crab Alley, and luckily it is now fixed!

Looking forward what's in store for this year to come.

Survivor
Dec 06, 2009
Hello,

My Lvl 91 Storm is still unable to talk to Sohomer Sunblade for the Some Assembly Required quest, there is still no question mark above him to speak to him.

Thanks.

Survivor
Sep 03, 2018
Thank you for re-adding the spell icons on gear, that was one of my biggest gripes about the new UI

Survivor
Aug 17, 2016
yv3xx on May 7, 2020 wrote:
Hello,

My Lvl 91 Storm is still unable to talk to Sohomer Sunblade for the Some Assembly Required quest, there is still no question mark above him to speak to him.

Thanks.
My Lvl 56 Storm is experiencing the same difficulties of not being able to talk to Sohomer Sunblade.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2010
The "Some Assembly Required" quest is still not working for me either. My Storm is level 53 with no Storm Lord. The quest tells me to go to Sohomer but there's no way to talk to him still. It is NOT fixed yet.

Survivor
Apr 23, 2012
The 'Pitter Pattern' storm quest is still not doable for my storm wizard, I still can not talk to Sohomer Sunblade.

Survivor
Nov 13, 2010
Munchkin717 on May 7, 2020 wrote:
My Lvl 56 Storm is experiencing the same difficulties of not being able to talk to Sohomer Sunblade.
Hello, I am experiencing the same thing. I am level 58 storm, and when i go to talk to him there is still now question mark or anything for him.

Survivor
May 14, 2011
A few concerns:

a) When inspecting items, there's a random gap in between the jewels and spells/level.
b) We still have to do the ctrl+click to see the actual spells. Hovering over the newly added square icon to show the spell card would be nice, rather than having to go to a different page to see the full card.
c) I think the issue with x-pip spells not showing removal of all pips during the cast is the fact these spells are now bunched up with the 1-pip spells in the spell book. It seems like x-pip spells are now considered "Rank 1" (Rank 1 as in only using 1 pip when cast) instead of "Rank X" like they were before the Spring update.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2017
Hi,

My Lvl 78 Storm is still unable to talk to Sohomer Sunblade for the "Pitter Pattern" quest in Triton Avenue to obtain the storm lord spell.

Thank you,
SophiaThunderHeart

Survivor
Mar 30, 2020
Hi there,

My lvl 71 storm wizard still doesn't have the question mark above sohomer sunblade. :(

-Fallon lvl 71 Storm

Survivor
Jun 26, 2015
unable to get by startscreen, game will not play... anyone else having this issue? camages

Survivor
Nov 26, 2013
My game completely freezes and crashes whenever I try to play the Dance Game. I was not having this problem whenever I trained my pet a few days ago, but suddenly it completely crashes the game. I play on a Macbook, so this may be a Mac specific problem. It has happened 4 times now so I figure there must be some bigger issue.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2011
I can't log in at all. I choose my character, it goes to loading game and just freezes. This has been going on for hours!

Survivor
Sep 11, 2015
Survivor
Sep 11, 2015
Survivor
Aug 09, 2012
Hey there's a glitch that happens when a mob has only one hp left. They disappear(seemingly dead) but they can still cast spells and all.

Survivor
Feb 01, 2010
why cant you fix the broken pips in beastmoon hunt the ones that stay even when you have already got it

Survivor
Apr 16, 2020
jewels900 on May 8, 2020 wrote:
A few concerns:

a) When inspecting items, there's a random gap in between the jewels and spells/level.
b) We still have to do the ctrl+click to see the actual spells. Hovering over the newly added square icon to show the spell card would be nice, rather than having to go to a different page to see the full card.
c) I think the issue with x-pip spells not showing removal of all pips during the cast is the fact these spells are now bunched up with the 1-pip spells in the spell book. It seems like x-pip spells are now considered "Rank 1" (Rank 1 as in only using 1 pip when cast) instead of "Rank X" like they were before the Spring update.
Hey there!
Just an FYI regarding the “Ctrl+Click”, you can also use Right Click to get the same result. It’s a small change but I personally think it’s much better and faster. Also, I don’t think that the spell not showing up straight away is bad because that would just fill up de screen. If you want to see the spell, you right click. After some time playing I’m sure you’ll start memorizing the spells’ names so I’m guessing that it won’t make much of a difference!

Now regarding the Storm Lord quest, a friend whom I play with is now level 90 and still doesn’t have his Storm Lord spell. I remind you that we are both subscribers and having to pay for a game that takes this long to fix a supposedly easy glitch is, at the very least, worrisome. This has been going for around 2 weeks and I really can’t understand what is stopping you from fixing it.

Also, as an Ice Wizard at least, I keep being given a quest on Quest Finder from Blad Ravenue (you guessed it, in Triton Av), but when I get there he has no quest for me.

I’m really enjoying the game, but as I said this is a paid game, not a free one. So issues like these really should be considered priority other than adding new events and pets and chocolate boxes. Focus on the issue at hand first, please.

--
Alejandro, 90 Ice Wizard

Survivor
Jun 05, 2019
yv3xx on May 7, 2020 wrote:
Hello,

Thanks.
I am a level 55, and I still cannot talk to Sohomer Sunblade as well, and no question mark above his head as well. Thanks.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2014
We have played beastmoon all week. Is one of my personal favorite things to do! I tried to even time taking a couple of vacation days off to play it but the timing was off as it wasn't the week of the second Tuesday this time..my luck. Anyway, the biggest glitch of the beast moon isn't that the pips are frozen, it's that the pig is glitched! When he casts the negative 200 spell, it stays on permanently throughout that whole fight...so needless to say a lot of us lost a lot of hunts this week because of a glitch that wouldn't allow us to hit for any fight the pig was in! Please fix this for the next one? Thank you...and while your looking at the spells could you look at the ice spells that say do extra on shielded players? I don't they are working right either. Thank you so much. Again, really have a lot of fun in the Beastmoon and playing Wizard101 and love the update!

Survivor
Feb 14, 2011
Hello,
Recently went back to one of my older wiz's to complete some of the side quests that have been added since I last played him. Klortho is not there for me to speak with in the WC library for the Unlocking the Truth quest.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
camages on May 8, 2020 wrote:
unable to get by startscreen, game will not play... anyone else having this issue? camages
Hi,

I'm having a similar issue, it lets me get through the welcome screen and start playing, but I can't get more than 10 minutes of game time before it freezes and won't restart. It usually ends up crashing my computer. I've tried a few times over the past few weeks, same problem every time. Please tell me there is a fix for this! I'm really missing playing :( Thanks in advance xo

Jasmine Bluedust