Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

XP Locking

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
Just a Suggestion to Kingsisle.

I would like an option to lock XP, for the sake of wanting to stay at a specific level.
Sometimes you may want to stay at a specific level for PVP. Sometimes you may want to stay at a specific level for questing purposes. Especially for helping other wizards in dungeon instances, you may want to help them, but you may also want to not level up from that dungeon instance at the same time.

I believe this would be a great option to have in the game. I don't see any negative side effects to having this option in the game, but if anyone else can find anything please let me know. I really hope this can become an option in the game.

Explorer
Jul 05, 2014
1.) Could still get spells from quests (i.e. availing hands from finishing krokotopia)
2.) What if you were to completely finish the game at level 50? What would happen then? Would you have to do side quests to level up, or are you just unable to ever get to max level?
3.) Getting the spells from quests could be abused in pvp. A level 20 having a spell only a level 90+ should have is problematic.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
TiffanyHex123 on May 5, 2020 wrote:
1.) Could still get spells from quests (i.e. availing hands from finishing krokotopia)
2.) What if you were to completely finish the game at level 50? What would happen then? Would you have to do side quests to level up, or are you just unable to ever get to max level?
3.) Getting the spells from quests could be abused in pvp. A level 20 having a spell only a level 90+ should have is problematic.
Not sure how I missed these, but these are very good points actually. I completely agree with you now, this would cause more problems than I initially thought of.

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
Rather than XP locking, how about just the option to do quests again, for fun, with the little helper arrows leading along the way.

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
Liam Swiftwalker on May 6, 2020 wrote:
Rather than XP locking, how about just the option to do quests again, for fun, with the little helper arrows leading along the way.
That is an option I could get behind. A New Game Plus as it were. Another game I constantly play also implemented this recently and it's been an option people took advantage of.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2015
I'd love to be able to listen to the quest dialogues again, especially at later levels. I love to hear the story, but it's hard when folks are eager to just battle.