Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gardening pots and planters don't have an icon for advanced move

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 11, 2015
Gardening pots and planters don't have an icon for advanced move even though they are housing items.

If you use advanced move to move a pet or monstrology house guest, they will be stuck in that spot and will not move.

Survivor
Jan 11, 2015
While moving furniture with my level 12 wizard, I noticed that the advanced move button was missing. I tried different furniture and going to a house, but the button didn't appear. Then I switched to a level 17 wizard and the advanced move button appeared each time I clicked on a piece of furniture. I then switched back to the level 12 wizard, but the advanced move button was still missing.

Delver
Mar 30, 2014
I logged on here also to report that my low level wizards do not see the advanced housing option. Please don't block that--low level wizards want to decorate their dorms and houses also. If you feel it would be confusing to new players, maybe you can have an option in the book to turn it on.

Survivor
Jul 27, 2011
Lady Moon on Apr 28, 2020 wrote:
While moving furniture with my level 12 wizard, I noticed that the advanced move button was missing. I tried different furniture and going to a house, but the button didn't appear. Then I switched to a level 17 wizard and the advanced move button appeared each time I clicked on a piece of furniture. I then switched back to the level 12 wizard, but the advanced move button was still missing.
When it comes to housing, it's an aspect of W101 that really makes the game— with that, comes the new advanced movement— I do think that Advanced Movement should be available for lower wizards as well. While yes, it is a bit complex to begin with, it could be easily explained. Furthermore, with housing being available, the means in which to decorate properly should also be available; holding off an aspect of housing, even for lower level wizards, is limiting.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
sword tree on Apr 29, 2020 wrote:
I logged on here also to report that my low level wizards do not see the advanced housing option. Please don't block that--low level wizards want to decorate their dorms and houses also. If you feel it would be confusing to new players, maybe you can have an option in the book to turn it on.
Yeah, I can understand not wanting to overload new players with side activities, but I feel 15 is too high. I think level 10 or even 12 would be more reasonable.

Delver
Mar 30, 2014
Players can get houses at level 2. Players can also purchase bundle houses for their low level wizards. A lot of long time players have some low level wizards on their accounts. Shouldn't they be able to decorate their houses same as everyone else? If KI thinks the advanced housing interface is too complicated for new players, can we have an option to turn it on in the backpack, like we do for item lock? Or can we have a date check on the account to turn it on automatically, so that players who have been playing for a decade aren't being treated like brand new players? Anything that can be done to give us access would be great. Thanks!

Survivor
Aug 24, 2012
I really think new housing options should be available for ALL levels. What if we want our level 5 wizard to have a nice extraordinary dorm? It would be nice to see some dorms or things related to dorms decorated with the new housing options.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2011
KI, I have many friends who have spent the last decade playing Wizard101 every day on wizards lower than level 15. They pay for memberships and they spend crowns, but their levels remain below level 15 due to things such as PvP. I think this advanced housing feature is bigger than people are giving it credit. It is a literal game changer, making this a new game in many ways. People who had previously had no interest in housing are suddenly very interested because they are able to do incredible things without needing to learn how to glitch. I do not think I am alone when I say the advanced housing toold should be offered in the First Time User Experience category.

As always, thank you for continually making this game a better place for all

- Eric BlueEyes

Survivor
Apr 10, 2019
sword tree on May 1, 2020 wrote:
Players can get houses at level 2. Players can also purchase bundle houses for their low level wizards. A lot of long time players have some low level wizards on their accounts. Shouldn't they be able to decorate their houses same as everyone else? If KI thinks the advanced housing interface is too complicated for new players, can we have an option to turn it on in the backpack, like we do for item lock? Or can we have a date check on the account to turn it on automatically, so that players who have been playing for a decade aren't being treated like brand new players? Anything that can be done to give us access would be great. Thanks!
If people can get castles at lvl 2, there's no reason in blocking the advanced move untill lvl 15. KI should adjust this to be able to have advanced move at lvl 2.

Survivor
Sep 05, 2010
Strongly Agree