Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Long time Wizard playing PvP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
Dear Ki,

I have been playing this game many years have several wizards at 130 on couple different accounts.
I have spent alot of IRL money on crowns gear pet snacks and the like have built up Areana tickets which are now useless.

I do tournaments for tickets that i use to buy Warlord wurst to train pets which i can no longer do.
Why?
I pay a monthly fee to play this game and every update you take the same amount of money and yet consistently take away from us.
Now plan is to retire arena tickets and pvp gear aquired by it so all the time and $ spent by those of us that have been around and faithful is for not.
Just saying pvp used to cost crowns to do which is how long i have been playing.
If not want us here please tell us.

Administrator
Lasander28 on Apr 24, 2020 wrote:
Dear Ki,

I have been playing this game many years have several wizards at 130 on couple different accounts.
I have spent alot of IRL money on crowns gear pet snacks and the like have built up Areana tickets which are now useless.

I do tournaments for tickets that i use to buy Warlord wurst to train pets which i can no longer do.
Why?
I pay a monthly fee to play this game and every update you take the same amount of money and yet consistently take away from us.
Now plan is to retire arena tickets and pvp gear aquired by it so all the time and $ spent by those of us that have been around and faithful is for not.
Just saying pvp used to cost crowns to do which is how long i have been playing.
Hi Lasander28!

Apologies, but I'm not sure I understand what you are saying here. Did you have a question?

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Lasander28 on Apr 24, 2020 wrote:
Dear Ki,

Why?
The developers are trying to get this game back on track. Some system mechanics were neglected as the game itself continued to grow. In other words, some systems (like PvP) need a revamp. No one is trying to ruin the experience nor try to make it worse, but simply remaster it, to be fair, balanced, and fun for everyone.

All of that being said, I believe it was stated that you will still be able to use your arena tickets you just won’t “earn” anymore. This means that anything that you want to buy with arena tickets will still be available! New prizes, along with a new spending currency (like crowns or arena tickets), will be introduced in the future.

Example:

Let’s say for the sake of conversation, the new spending currency will be pencils. All the retro players that stacked up arena tickets over the years can buy all the old prizes. (Like normal) For new players they will have to buy the old prizes with pencils. So there will be two price tags on old prizes, one for tickets and one for pencils (so old players can still spend their tickets and new players will have a chance to buy them as well.)

But what about new prizes? From here on out, all new prizes will be bought with pencils and no arena tickets - because arena can no longer be earned.

I hope I explained this well enough, and it made sense lol.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
Sorry wasn't clear just reread what i wrote.

1. With update Pet training amount went up per level why?
2. Pet hatch cost double now why?
3. Decent pet snacks were removed from npc that could be bought with arena tickets why?
4. Pvp arena tickets to be retired come 5th age Why?

Reason given for ticket retiring was to be honest weak or not though out. "Cause of have lot's of tickets to buy current pvp gear while others are struggling So doing this will give all a fresh start" No basically penalize those of us who have stuck around through the years.

1. win you get tickets buy gear you want. if new or lower skilled do tournaments get tickets anyways.
2. Most of us don't use that gear anyways lol we use tickets to buy the snacks you removed to train our pets.

Lastly while raising the cost per level and hatch while at same time removing decent snacks from vendor you make pet hatch / training not fun or worth it.

I'm lvl 130 100k not to hard to get but lower wizards will suffer.
We pay a monthly fee to play and it seems you are removing ingame items to force people to bust out their CC and head to the crown shop so my question is why?

Theses are my concerns and questions any insight would be helpful.

TY

Survivor
Jun 18, 2014
Sparck on Apr 27, 2020 wrote:
Hi Lasander28!

Apologies, but I'm not sure I understand what you are saying here. Did you have a question?
I believe he or she was trying to make a statement about this tragic update. There are too many things wrong with this update from pets to the item interface. Lasander28 only touched a small surface of what is wrong with this update. He or she clearly wants the Warlord wurst snack back. I as well can say that removing this snack from the vender was completely unnecessary.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Sparck on Apr 27, 2020 wrote:
Hi Lasander28!

@Sparck, I think what Lasander is referring to is that Arena Tickets have been temporarily removed and, His take is that they are permanently gone along with the gear he purchased with those tickets.

He is wanting to know why this is being done.

Administrator
DragonLady1818 on Apr 27, 2020 wrote:
@Sparck, I think what Lasander is referring to is that Arena Tickets have been temporarily removed and, His take is that they are permanently gone along with the gear he purchased with those tickets.

He is wanting to know why this is being done.
Ah, thanks for the clarification!

We did fix an issue with his drop and arena tickets. There could be another issue here, but I'd double check that it wasn't perhaps removed some other way.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
Ty for all the responses.

Please add the pet snacks back. seriously was no need to remove other than making raising pet cost more.

2nd. Cost more points for pet level why. Going from mega to ultra did cost 2000 points with no gain on pet except to add ultra jewel. now 2250 lol so an extra energy elixir what stat is benefited by the boost.
Please don't say happiness not a factor.

3rd. Why was hatch cost doubled was truly no point. other than to make it harder for lower level Wizards to hatch with a decent pet.

Ty for your thoughts on this subject

Explorer
Mar 01, 2014
Sparck on Apr 28, 2020 wrote:
Ah, thanks for the clarification!

We did fix an issue with his drop and arena tickets. There could be another issue here, but I'd double check that it wasn't perhaps removed some other way.
is fire beetle going to be nerfed down to one trap so that people didn't just waste time and gold to get them?

Survivor
Dec 20, 2013
My Death Visionary Crafter wizard is "stuck" at the next crafting assignment, because it requires Participation Trophy reagents, which are impossible to obtain if one does not do PVP, which I think is rather unfair, since PVP is about as far away from Crafting as you can get. And now I'm hearing that Arena tickets are possibly being phased out? Does this mean that the crafting assignments will be modified so they no longer require Arena tix?

It would be really nice if KI could look at this situation, and make it possible to complete this assignment; otherwise, my wizard will never be able to advance as a Crafter .