Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sohomer Sunblade - Stormlord and Some Assembly Required

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 21, 2020
I'm playing on my storm wizard, just turned level 48, doing the Storm Lord spell quest.

The new changes to Triton Avenue have bugged out Sohomer Sunblade and will not allow me to talk to him for the quest. I figured that If I completed the new quest he had to defeat some Electric Eels, he might work.

This did not work, relogging and switching realms did not fix him.

Survivor
Aug 24, 2012
I just reached level 48 on my storm character and got the quest Stormbringer. In the middle, the storm professor told me to talk to Somer Sunblade near the Four Falls Mill in Triton avenue. The problem was that the quest was not showing most likely due to the revamped quest line there. I completed all the newly made quests that Somer Sunblade gave me but it still did not give me the quest (there was no exclamation/question mark above his head). I tried restarting the game and my computer and it still did not work. What can I do?

Survivor
May 18, 2016
SSBAJA on Apr 22, 2020 wrote:
I'm playing on my storm wizard, just turned level 48, doing the Storm Lord spell quest.

The new changes to Triton Avenue have bugged out Sohomer Sunblade and will not allow me to talk to him for the quest. I figured that If I completed the new quest he had to defeat some Electric Eels, he might work.

This did not work, relogging and switching realms did not fix him.
Hello wiz team, I'm a level 48 diviner and was sent to talk to sohomer sunblade for a spell quest. Upon doing so he gave me quests for the new eels etc which was fine and I did them to get it out of the way, However, Upon trying to talk to him the question mark isn't showing above his head which ultimately means i can't get my spell.Meaning i can't get my future spells from quests . Please fix this issue asap I'm on the verge of tears . I think he's bugged from tritions new revamp. I have tried restarting the game and everything i could possibly think of it did not fix the problem.

Thank you.
- Emma GiantMask

Survivor
Apr 08, 2020
wolf storm gem on Apr 22, 2020 wrote:
I just reached level 48 on my storm character and got the quest Stormbringer. In the middle, the storm professor told me to talk to Somer Sunblade near the Four Falls Mill in Triton avenue. The problem was that the quest was not showing most likely due to the revamped quest line there. I completed all the newly made quests that Somer Sunblade gave me but it still did not give me the quest (there was no exclamation/question mark above his head). I tried restarting the game and my computer and it still did not work. What can I do?
im in same situation

Survivor
Dec 03, 2010
I got to level 48 on my storm wizard last night, and saved the stormlord quest for the next day because it was late. I wake up, log in, and start the quest. Getting the components from the gearheads in Marleybone went fine, so on with the quest. Next part is to go talk to Sohomer Sunblade on Triton Avenue about finding something. So I go to Triton to talk to him, and he starts me on the new Kraken questline. I do the quest thinking I need access to the Kraken area for some reason and that will fix it. I finish the quest, and now I can not interact with Sohomer Sunblade at all.

The wizard that I was playing on was made before the update, so he did all of the old Triton Avenue questline without doing any of the new parts. That could be a reason as to why the Stromlord quest is not working for me because I have not finished new Triton Avenue. If that is, then storm wizards who are past Wizard City will not be able to unlock Stormlord. Or it could be something related to his new location on the street. I do not know, I am just trying to put ideas out there. I checked over by Blad Raveneye to see if he had the quest and questhelper was wrong, but Blad had nothing for me either.

Survivor
Jan 19, 2009
I’m in the same situation and I emailed support and they said it will be fixed in the next update hopefully but no eta.

Survivor
Apr 21, 2009
Dropping in to say that I also have this issue, on two separate Storm wizards. Both hit level 48 today, both need to talk to Sohomer. Sohomer is, apparently, not interested in talking about the Storm Lord spell.

There is at least some solace in knowing that it is not just me having this issue.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2016
I am also having the same problem, hope this gets fixed soon

Survivor
Dec 05, 2009
Same issue, this update in general is buggy and now I can't get one of the best powerspikes for storms school for farming smh KI.

Survivor
Apr 16, 2020
wolf storm gem on Apr 22, 2020 wrote:
Same Issue very annoying. Sohomer Sunblade myth quest. Please fix soon!!

Survivor
Apr 17, 2020
Same problem

Survivor
Aug 05, 2013
Just reached level 48 and I am also having this issue. Hope they fix this issue soon.

Survivor
Apr 16, 2020
Thought the patch would fix storm lord quest however there is still an issue with talking to sohomer sunblade ever since he moved. Hope this is fixed asap.

Survivor
Aug 24, 2012
Even though the patch was supposed to have fixed this, I am still having the same problem. I still cannot talk to Sohomer Sunblade. There is no quest icon above his head.

Administrator
The patch fixed the first part, but we're still working on the second part.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2020
I have the same problem too. I thought that just finishing his quest would get him to talk to me, but now he isn't talking at all.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2020
well at leas we know it's getting fixed now

Survivor
Feb 08, 2017
Hello the quest is broken for me, I am stuck at the part where I am meant to talk to Sohomber Sunblade, his location for me is right by the Kraken portal, and I’ve finished that quest line but there is no question mark or exclamation mark above his head, the quest finder brings me to him, but there’s no option to talk to him, I hit x or click on him anyways and nothing happens. I can’t unlock Storm Lord without completing this part so I am currently stuck without the card. I know it’s not a major quest or unlock but I’d still like to have it.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2017
Having the same problem as well, thought it was my own game being glitched, exited, then relogged, didn't work.
Changed characters then changed back, and still didn't work. Hopefully they fix it fast

Survivor
Jan 19, 2009
how long does something like this take usually?

Survivor
Apr 08, 2020
Sparck on Apr 24, 2020 wrote:
The patch fixed the first part, but we're still working on the second part.
i am also having this isshue

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
THE SAME THING IS WRONG WITH MINE!!!!! I went to go talk to Sohomer after I collected the stuff and there’s NO question mark!!!! Help PLZ!! I need stormlord before I start dragonspyre!

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
The same thing happened to me! I am trying to get stormlord but there’s no question mark. I am glad you guys are having similar issues. I emailed them to try to help asap. Let me know if you guys have figured it out. Thanks :(

Survivor
Apr 08, 2019
I'm unable to speak to Sohomer Sunblade in Triton Avenue to advance my lv48 storm questline. Am I missing or a step or can I not talk to him yet? I can't get the spell without completing the questline.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/235316208428253184/703566624787267624/quest1.PNG
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/235316208428253184/703566636355158036/quest2.PNG

Survivor
Feb 01, 2020
i am having the same probelm