Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sohomer Sunblade - Stormlord and Some Assembly Required

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 10, 2019
This glitch is still preventing me from talking to Sohomer Sunblade and furthermore cannot get the spell or any other spells because I am level 58. (4/30/20). Please fix soon.

Survivor
May 24, 2009
The spell quest is in fact working (at least for me, literally just did the quest 2 minutes ago). I believe that there may be issues with those who had grabbed the quest before the update this morning however.

Survivor
Apr 10, 2020
Sparck on Apr 30, 2020 wrote:
Sorry about this! We thought the bug was squashed, but like a hydra it reformed and thus we must increase our powers. Please be patient, we're absolutely working on it. Continue to report any updates here if things change.
Hurry up! I'm going to run out of club membership

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
The older a game is, the more thoroughly patches need to be tested against all the other existing features that might break. It's hard to give ETAs. However, I do think that those storm wizards affected should get extensions or gifts for enduring the situation. The existence of a financial penalty would serve as a motivator not to late this drag on.

By not permitting us to move forward, the situation is depriving us of value, which should be remedied.

Survivor
Aug 01, 2012
I’m still repeating many beginning quest from olde town and triton Avenue! I can’t even complete the Storm lord quest... please when will this be fixed?? I’m so sad because my membership was a waste and now there’s a bug!

Survivor
Jun 28, 2008
Been waiting patiently for over a week now, I know bugs are bound to happen with such a large update and I even understand that your working towards a solution, just a little disheartened and feeling robbed since I pay monthly membership on multiple accounts. Yes I know I could continue to quest on with out this particular spell but there is a reason max level storms still use this spell, its become a staple to any storm wizard. With little free time I was really hoping it would be resolved by today so I could quest on a bit this weekend but disappointed and left behind yet another day.

Survivor
Apr 10, 2020
Noah37188 on May 1, 2020 wrote:
Been waiting patiently for over a week now, I know bugs are bound to happen with such a large update and I even understand that your working towards a solution, just a little disheartened and feeling robbed since I pay monthly membership on multiple accounts. Yes I know I could continue to quest on with out this particular spell but there is a reason max level storms still use this spell, its become a staple to any storm wizard. With little free time I was really hoping it would be resolved by today so I could quest on a bit this weekend but disappointed and left behind yet another day.
I totally agree, but they will not give anything, they will solve it after a month and we will have lost a lot of time of membership, that they will take the pocket.

Survivor
Aug 03, 2010
It has now been 4 days, this is now May, and this problem has not been solved. I am getting increasingly frustrated!

Administrator
We hope to have this resolved next week during the maintenance schedule.

Survivor
Apr 10, 2020
Sparck on May 1, 2020 wrote:
We hope to have this resolved next week during the maintenance schedule.
Let's see if you solve it, but these lost days of membership who will return it to us?

Survivor
Dec 03, 2010
I just did the level 55 and 58 spell quests today along with the pet quest for storm without finishing the storm lord. So we can still get Leviathan, insane bolt, and the kraken pet.

Survivor
Aug 20, 2010
I lose membership next week. Can we assume the first maintenance done next week is when you're referring to?

Survivor
Dec 19, 2009
Yeah, I have two wizards who are still stuck on this bug. It's really annoying as my membership is about to run out soon also. :(

Survivor
Mar 28, 2016
I'm also losing membership next week, I have been monitoring this post closely for a week now because I was very excited to get storm lord. That seems like it won't be happening.

Survivor
Apr 21, 2009
If this fix doesn't do it, there are going to be some really sad and disgruntled Storm Wizards out there. I just want the jolly guy to talk to me and send me on my way. I don't have my hopes up, but I really am hoping that THIS is the fix that solves it for all of us still stunted by Sohomer.

Survivor
Aug 10, 2019
I’ve been waiting for this to be updated and hopefully get this stapled storm spell for over a week and have been on and off the game since because of this quest glitch.Now my membership is going to run out and I don’t have one of the main spells. Please fix this soon.

Survivor
May 31, 2015
Klaus49 on Apr 23, 2020 wrote:
im in same situation
in the same situation

Survivor
Sep 01, 2019
NaixNoel on May 1, 2020 wrote:
Let's see if you solve it, but these lost days of membership who will return it to us?
ok tbh yall are being annoying and demanding. if you are getting multiple complaints and worries, don't you think they would be stressed? yes its unfair about payment, but you can continue questing until it will be fix and if membership is going to end, thats not their fault. they are trying to get it fixed. if your so smart that it can be resolved so easily, you do it. coding for games take a while. they updated graphics and arrangements and even a new story line to triton avenue. its a big update even though you might not think it is. im being respectful and made another character in the meantime. yes i will have membership next week and all that. but even if i wouldnt be paying it i would still do something else with the game instead of sitting down at a point and not budging because of a bug. yall are selfish and rude to people who are working hard to fix something. and you dont even say please or any type of manners. do you think people are going to do whatever you want if you are going to give attitude. no. so you should be patient. im upset too, we all are. but im sorry... this doesn't happen/ get fixed whenever you want. this is just a temporary issue, use or make another character to still use the game. but you are complaining about membership when you are wasting days because of one spell. use tempest with powerpips or do side quests to still get XP to level up.

Survivor
Sep 01, 2019
2000holmes on May 1, 2020 wrote:
I just did the level 55 and 58 spell quests today along with the pet quest for storm without finishing the storm lord. So we can still get Leviathan, insane bolt, and the kraken pet.
oh thank you, thats super helpful ! see there are other ways to do stuff. some people are complaining and sitting here doing nothing because of a quest.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2014
This needs to be fixed badly, my questing partner is now 62 and doesnt have storm lord.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2016
Vayoraz, the problem with this quest is that using storm lord is a key component in the fight to get leviathan. It is very important to get the fire boss to half health and killing the minion right off the bat. It really puts a hold on what we can do in the game. Also, who said we aren't trying to progress through the game? I have done every single side quest in Celestia at this point in time. I have made it through Celestia and I am currently working through Winter Tusk. I feel like if this game was a one time purchase than we would all be fine. Except KI needs to put a membership on to the game and it puts a time limit upon how far we can make it through the game. We have a right to be worried because we spent money on the game and our memberships are all going to run out.

Survivor
Oct 04, 2009
Ok guys let’s chill out here for a bit updating and fixing stuff like this takes time and bugs sometimes take time to squash so please stop being annoying and stop pressuring them they will get it done
It will be done when it will be done

Survivor
Apr 10, 2020
vayoraz vanessa on May 2, 2020 wrote:
ok tbh yall are being annoying and demanding. if you are getting multiple complaints and worries, don't you think they would be stressed? yes its unfair about payment, but you can continue questing until it will be fix and if membership is going to end, thats not their fault. they are trying to get it fixed. if your so smart that it can be resolved so easily, you do it. coding for games take a while. they updated graphics and arrangements and even a new story line to triton avenue. its a big update even though you might not think it is. im being respectful and made another character in the meantime. yes i will have membership next week and all that. but even if i wouldnt be paying it i would still do something else with the game instead of sitting down at a point and not budging because of a bug. yall are selfish and rude to people who are working hard to fix something. and you dont even say please or any type of manners. do you think people are going to do whatever you want if you are going to give attitude. no. so you should be patient. im upset too, we all are. but im sorry... this doesn't happen/ get fixed whenever you want. this is just a temporary issue, use or make another character to still use the game. but you are complaining about membership when you are wasting days because of one spell. use tempest with powerpips or do side quests to still get XP to level up.
Who are working hard and demanding? When reporting the bug they cut and paste the same message and you have to put it on the forum to "give it visibility and be seen". If the bug only happened to one person they do nothing.

Survivor
Mar 30, 2020
is anyone else still having issues with this? I am now a level 61 wizard unable to get new storm cards since I cant speak with Sohomer. This is starting to make me not want to play anymore...

- Fallon, Storm Diviner lvl 61

Survivor
Sep 11, 2015
Is anyone else having this problem, Pitter Pattern quest for storm lord, still cant talk to Sohomer.