Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sohomer Sunblade - Stormlord and Some Assembly Required

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 23, 2019
Sparck on May 7, 2020 wrote:
For those stating "it still doesn't work", could you please be more specific. At what point are you getting stuck, and is it somehow different after the update than before? Thanks!
I haven’t been able to talk to him at all. When I go to triton Avenue there isn’t anything above his head. I tried to switch realms as well and still nothing.

Survivor
Feb 01, 2020
Nikkynova on May 7, 2020 wrote:
When I go to Sohomer to turn in 'Some Assembly Required' there are no question mark or anything above Sohomer, meaning I cannot turn in or talk to him at all.
i also have it to turn in and no question mark is showing

Survivor
Feb 13, 2011
For those stating "it still doesn't work", could you please be more specific. At what point are you getting stuck, and is it somehow different after the update than before? Thanks!
Ok look storm lord is one of the staple spells for storm wizards and it’s been a couple weeks since you first said your going to fix it. I logged on today in the morning excited to get the spell on my lvl 64 storm wizard but then once again the glitch was not fixed as you said it was going to be. The problem is we can’t talk to him there’s no question mark above his head we can’t even talk to him at all. Please fix it we need storm lord it’s a must have spell at our lvl and the fact that it’s been abt 2 or 3 weeks nd has still not gotten fixed is terrible.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2008
  • Some assembly Required

• Halstron Balestrom: Let's take those component parts and the pattern you've recovered and see how it all fits together...
  • Halstron Balestrom: you and the Professor work for awhile trying to assemble the Oscillation Overthruster, but you aren't able yo get it to work.
  • Halstron Balestrom: Oh, it's no use! (ironic?) My primitive intellect just doesn't understand alloys and compositions and things with.... molecular structures.
  • Halstron Balestrom: We need an expert! Perhaps Sohomer Sunblade can help us in this matter. He's an expert on things electrical. Could you take these piece to the Storm Mill and see if Sohomer can make heads or tails of them.

• This is my quest line up to the point where I cannot talk to Sohomer im unaware of the first part of the quest witch is said to be patched, but since I have come across this issue over 2 weeks ago it has not changed.

Survivor
Apr 27, 2012
Looks like the quest is still not allowing me to talk to Sohomer Sunblade as of 3:33pm EST, even after the updates that were done. I go talk to him on my storm (now lvl 88...) and he still has no above his head to indicate you need to talk to him. If I walk up to Sohomer, the prompt that says "Press X or left click to talk" doesn't show up either. I open my questbook and I can see I have the quest called "Pitter Pattern" stating "Talk To Sohomer Sunblade" but alas, I'm unable to interact with him at all. Hope this will be figured out soon.

Administrator
It looks like we fixed the questline for those who haven't started on it yet, but for some of you who did start on it since the update it may still not be working.

Thanks everyone for your input here! We are working on another game update for this latest issue.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2016
It looks like we fixed the questline for those who haven't started on it yet, but for some of you who did start on it since the update it may still not be working.

Thanks everyone for your input here! We are working on another game update for this latest issue.
Please tell me this is not going to be on next weeks update schedule...

Administrator
This is going to take a while longer to ensure a proper fix. We may not have it in until next week. If there's a temporary workaround we can put in place sooner, we will let you know.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2009
This is going to take a while longer to ensure a proper fix. We may not have it in until next week. If there's a temporary workaround we can put in place sooner, we will let you know.
Wouldn't it just be easier to roll back the quests for people who are on it, and then reset it so people can do the quests again from the beginning?

Survivor
Mar 14, 2020
Hey guys, I just wanted to address something to all those people who keep commenting about how it's not fixed and their membership is going to end.

They already know that. Saying the same thing over and over again isn't solving the problem. Instead, it's putting more pressure on them. They said when it was going to be fixed, so you guys have to be patient. It's not like the can squash the bug at any moment they'd like.

I understand that you guys were super excited for your A.O.E spell, and being able to go through quests easily, but you guys just have to be a bit more patient. If they're not careful with the bug they're trying to squash, it could reform at anytime and thus making people even more mad.

This is just a reminder, nothing else. I just hope you guys can show a bit more respect to the people trying to fix this bug. Again, this is just a reminder to all the people who keep commenting without much respect. Stay strong!

Survivor
Apr 28, 2020
Same thing happening to me
What do I do?

Defender
Aug 08, 2015
jakeee51 on May 6, 2020 wrote:
I logged out completely like you said. Even restarted computer, still nothing. Can you tell us exactly how you managed to fix it and get Storm Lord spell?
All I did was completely close out of the game and log back in and the quest worked just fine for me. Not sure how it worked for me and nobody else, but . Maybe it's because I hadn't hit Triton avenue before the new update?

Survivor
Feb 26, 2018
Nikkynova on May 7, 2020 wrote:
Wouldn't it just be easier to roll back the quests for people who are on it, and then reset it so people can do the quests again from the beginning?
Yeah, this seems like the best option for a quick fix. Wouldn't mind at all redoing the first bits of this quest line to get storm lord sooner.

Survivor
Aug 20, 2010
bailey lifesong on May 8, 2020 wrote:
Hey guys, I just wanted to address something to all those people who keep commenting about how it's not fixed and their membership is going to end.

They already know that. Saying the same thing over and over again isn't solving the problem. Instead, it's putting more pressure on them. They said when it was going to be fixed, so you guys have to be patient. It's not like the can squash the bug at any moment they'd like.

I understand that you guys were super excited for your A.O.E spell, and being able to go through quests easily, but you guys just have to be a bit more patient. If they're not careful with the bug they're trying to squash, it could reform at anytime and thus making people even more mad.

This is just a reminder, nothing else. I just hope you guys can show a bit more respect to the people trying to fix this bug. Again, this is just a reminder to all the people who keep commenting without much respect. Stay strong!
What you say is nice and respectful. But players are upset because it's taking so long and I don't blame them. Quests and interacting with NPCs has been a foundational function in Wizard101 for like a decade.

The problem seemed to have been narrowed down. The client or players' point of view show the quest and quest compass arrow. That part works, we have the quest. But the NPC does not have this specific part of the questline in their quest list. We know this because previous players including myself attempted to do the side quests from Triton avenue to try and *fix* it ourselves. But this just left Sohomer Sunblade in the state of an NPC that has finished business with the player. Meaning no quest or further interaction necessary for us Storm wizards in this predicament.

I just wana know what's going on with this? Because it's been a while lol. This is a pretty foundational function of the game and so is the Storm Lord spell.

Also, can we get a more precise ETA please?
-Thank you for your efforts

Survivor
Oct 04, 2009
I was trying to do the storm lord quest and when I would be done finding the items and battling the Kraken in triton Avenue
I went back to the character called “sohomer Sunblade”
I finished his dialogue & once I did the yellow big arrow sends me back to him and it doesn’t say press x Button or doesn’t send me to the next quest
My guy Luke Skywalker is Lvl 49

Survivor
Mar 30, 2020
For me, I am able to get all the way up to speaking to Sohomer Sunblade on the “Some assembly required” quest but unfortunately he doesn’t have the yellow question mark above him, so thats where I assume everyone else is also getting stuck.

Survivor
Apr 27, 2012
Well, at the beginning of this, I joked that I'd be able to buy it from the Arcanum before the fix (after the first 2 updates didn't work) but, I guess that "joke" has now become reality. Now sitting at level 100, about to buy Storm Lord I thought of a question.

So I assume, after the quest IS fixed, will it just not give me Storm Lord and only give me the Stormzilla pet after the completion since I'm going to just buy it from the Arcanum? Any thoughts or ideas, all?

Survivor
Oct 04, 2009
bailey lifesong on May 8, 2020 wrote:

I agree 100% I see lot of these people pushing and pushing
But perhaps maybe understand the frustration of this glitch & the money people spend
& no I’m not defending anyone i get the point on both sides tho
And what the guy before me said

Administrator
GlitchBug225 on May 11, 2020 wrote:
But perhaps maybe understand the frustration of this glitch & the money people spend
Thanks all for the continued reports! We hope to have a final resolution in place in the next maintenance period.

Explorer
Nov 05, 2011
Sparck on May 11, 2020 wrote:
Thanks all for the continued reports! We hope to have a final resolution in place in the next maintenance period.
Greetings Sparck. I may not be affected by the bug but how I just want to give you kuddos for your dedicated bug fixing and for being on top of everything. Stay awesome

Survivor
Apr 16, 2020
GlitchBug225 on May 11, 2020 wrote:
The issue is patience. Have you seen when was it first reported? I am level 75 and I cannot train a second spell. I cannot quest nor pvp in the same conditions the ones not affected by the glitch can. Are they offering anything else to us besides their countless and empty apologies?

This is a business, there was a contract, and we are the injured party. I expect more than an apology since they got my money and all the time I spent playing the game with a set of expectations, which included to have the same opportunities as other players among others, but primarily a team behind the game who will fix this issues within a reasonable amount of time.

.Can't they simply give the spell to us who have been waiting all this time until they fix the game permanently?

1.- Loremaster drops spells, what about another boss that temporarily drops it.

2.-They could put it as a crown sale in the shop and then refund us the crowns.

3.-They could eliminate the quest and put the spell as a training point one. Then they could give us back the training point.

There were so many ways to fix this for us if they were willing to do so. So many updates and scheduled maintenance set ups. Every e-mail with their empty apologies, or the automatically ones sent after 24 hours assuming the issue was solved simply built up our discontent. We are not players of a game. We are customers who pay for a service. That is the key issue. Patience is free and this game is not. My time is valuable, and I expect it to be respected.

Survivor
Apr 16, 2020
There is an already created discussion on this. They keep saying next update.

Survivor
Aug 20, 2010
jp2020per on May 12, 2020 wrote:
The issue is patience. Have you seen when was it first reported? I am level 75 and I cannot train a second spell. I cannot quest nor pvp in the same conditions the ones not affected by the glitch can. Are they offering anything else to us besides their countless and empty apologies?

This is a business, there was a contract, and we are the injured party. I expect more than an apology since they got my money and all the time I spent playing the game with a set of expectations, which included to have the same opportunities as other players among others, but primarily a team behind the game who will fix this issues within a reasonable amount of time.

.Can't they simply give the spell to us who have been waiting all this time until they fix the game permanently?

1.- Loremaster drops spells, what about another boss that temporarily drops it.

2.-They could put it as a crown sale in the shop and then refund us the crowns.

3.-They could eliminate the quest and put the spell as a training point one. Then they could give us back the training point.

There were so many ways to fix this for us if they were willing to do so. So many updates and scheduled maintenance set ups. Every e-mail with their empty apologies, or the automatically ones sent after 24 hours assuming the issue was solved simply built up our discontent. We are not players of a game. We are customers who pay for a service. That is the key issue. Patience is free and this game is not. My time is valuable, and I expect it to be respected.
They could sell it for gold in the crown shop too for people level 48+.

Survivor
Apr 17, 2020
jp2020per on May 12, 2020 wrote:
There is an already created discussion on this. They keep saying next update.
I could not agree more! It has been nearly a month since this bug was first reported and yet it continues to exist. This bug has prevented the completion of other storm quests and I am now level 76 without basic beginning spells. The remediation of this issue seems to be at the bottom of their list as more and more updates, promotional items, and events continue to roll out. Feels as if they value income over community.

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
Guys!!!!!!! Omg!!!!! I got to level 110 and in the arcanum you can train storm lord!!!!!!!