Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Good pets for a life wizard??

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 22, 2018
I am a level 54 and I am trying to get a good life pet. Anyone have any suggestions and where to get them?

Survivor
Mar 14, 2020
You can buy a unicorn at the pet pavilion, raise it to adult and then breed it with something better, like a kookaburra. Keep doing this until you get a pet with all the abilities you want. Be ready to spend a lot of gold.

Survivor
Jul 11, 2012
For the stats I recommend a basic Triple Damage Double Resist (Life Giver, Pain Giver, Life Bringer, Spell Proof, Spell Defy). As for the pet itself choose one that you really like! However if you're more focused on cards and stuff then maybe a pet that gives a Balance or Lifeblade card could be useful.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
It's unfortunate that you are now just getting into hatching pets when the cost to do so have been substantially increased.

To make an ideal pets with good talents and traits, you'll usually have to hatch multiple times.

With the current system of hatch making, this is now extremely difficult, not to mention the increase in pet timers and pet egg hatches.

My apologies if I am just spewing negative thoughts here, but this is the new reality of pet hatching.

One, that the entire community wish not to be apart of.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
A kookaburra pet will be a lifesaver for you because you can get the Leafstorm hit all spell. At L58, you get Forest Lord which will be your go to AoE. However, having a low pip AoE can come in handy for mob fights going forward. You'll have the item card blade which is ALWAYS helpful as a life wizard, and you'll have an extra heal if you want one

Explorer
Nov 23, 2008
Star Edward on Apr 28, 2020 wrote:
It's unfortunate that you are now just getting into hatching pets when the cost to do so have been substantially increased.

To make an ideal pets with good talents and traits, you'll usually have to hatch multiple times.

With the current system of hatch making, this is now extremely difficult, not to mention the increase in pet timers and pet egg hatches.

My apologies if I am just spewing negative thoughts here, but this is the new reality of pet hatching.

One, that the entire community wish not to be apart of.

I have to agree here 100% I will not be doing the Pet Promenade anymore after this. This is insane the amount of gold I've spent, when I could be decorating my house. The Will Cast spells are of no use to higher level wizards, nor are the pets offered desirable. All this change and cost have literally angered me, and I've been at this game a member non stop on two accounts for over 11 years now. With all the events going on, its almost impossible to get things done with questing as well. Had KI kept the cost of pet hatching the same, and offered higher spells for the higher wizards, then it might be worth it. As of right now, I have no use for it.