Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mana burn is really weak and needs buffs

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 02, 2010
Gosh I was playing ranked the other day and I went up against a Balance wizard. He used this spell (I think it's called mana burn or something) and he took all my pips and did 2k damage and started building an insurmountable lead due to the pip difference. Clearly this spell is too weak, I suggest doubling the damage and making the spell remove all pips instead. Maybe then it will finally be viable in PvP.

Balance wizards are suffering in this meta and a good buff to mana burn would significantly help them succeed in the arena!

Defender
Mar 10, 2014
J StormCatcher on Apr 17, 2020 wrote:
Gosh I was playing ranked the other day and I went up against a Balance wizard. He used this spell (I think it's called mana burn or something) and he took all my pips and did 2k damage and started building an insurmountable lead due to the pip difference. Clearly this spell is too weak, I suggest doubling the damage and making the spell remove all pips instead. Maybe then it will finally be viable in PvP.

Balance wizards are suffering in this meta and a good buff to mana burn would significantly help them succeed in the arena!
berserk isnt a good spell to use in pvp. Also gear with resist on it will make mana burn not do that much damage.

Explorer
Mar 01, 2014
J StormCatcher on Apr 17, 2020 wrote:

When you're eating 2k from a mana burn you should learn not to stack pips so much its not hard to hit with low hits only and win you do more damage than the mana burn and at least your spell doesn't fizzle if you don't have enough pips for it. balance isn't in meta ice is and life is.

Delver
Mar 09, 2018
I wonder if anyone understood that this was a joke

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
Lol another complaint from a storm that took damage in pvp.

mana burn cost 5 pips to cast does 80 damage per pip is not buffable and only takes 3 pips from target.

Tempest 80 per pip cast at 1 pip and is buffable. just saying

Hwy not make all balance spell 1 damage non boost able cost 10 pip to cast and heal opponent after hit would that help you

all DD whiners are ruining pvp and the game in general