Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Change to Ice Scion

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 16, 2011
So this will be an interesting take. Why not change the requirements for Scion of Ice to do double damage to something let's say... having 6+ shields on yourself?

Right now, I don't see a reason for Ice to pack Scion for PvE since you're most likely going to be under the health threshold of 90% once you get setup to use it. Having the requirement be 6+ shields would be a lot more preferable in PvE since it would give ice a more powerful hit for solo players.

As for PvP, I think the change to Scion of Ice would be a lot better. Right now an Ice wizard can shield up a bunch so they aren't hit under the 90% health threshold. Then, all have to do is Shrike -> Icebird -> Scion or vice versa. Changing the requirement to 6+ shields would allow for opponents to counter Scion of Ice much more easily instead of having to throw all their pips away in hope of the Ice wizard getting knocked under 90%. Keep in mind, an Ice can easily shield to prevent losing too much health, and with their resist, it makes it a much greater pain to deal with it currently.

This change would also be a lot more faithful to the nature of Ice. Scion of Balance requires 6+ blades and then Enfeebles the user after use. Scion of Fire requires 6+ traps and then Mass Cleanse Wards the target after use. Why not have Scion of Ice require 6+ shields and then Shatters the user after use?

I feel like this would make a LOT more sense in terms of how Scion of Ice should perform. Let me know your thoughts and don't be afraid to leave your feedback!