Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I'm new to Beastmoon Hunt

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
So I'm kind of new to the beastmoon stuff, I haven't done a lot of them. But I've recently started getting into it more, Regarding the forms. You have to unlock them with idols right? I've gotten several idols from the beastmoon plants yet however when I go to unlock the forms they show 0/1, and I see them in my regeants. Is it a glitch or are certain forms only allowed during certain hunts?

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
NickD1997 on Apr 10, 2020 wrote:
So I'm kind of new to the beastmoon stuff, I haven't done a lot of them. But I've recently started getting into it more, Regarding the forms. You have to unlock them with idols right? I've gotten several idols from the beastmoon plants yet however when I go to unlock the forms they show 0/1, and I see them in my regeants. Is it a glitch or are certain forms only allowed during certain hunts?
Regarding this specific problem you are having, you are looking for Gold Idols. Gold Beastmoon Idols are a special kind of Beastmoon Idol specifically used for unlocking the first Tier of Beastforms.

Obtaining a Gold idol can be tricky. They can only be obtained as the final reward in a Beastmoon Hunt progress bar, or from the Scroll of Fortune. If you want a Gold Idol, you must get at least 570 points in the Beastmoon Hunt.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2011
You have to unlock them with Gold idols. The ones you get from reagents can not Tier up the forms. They can only level them up, when you get to Level 5 I think. You get the gold idols from the rewards in the Beastmoon Hunt, or from the various scrolls of fortune. There are also only certain forms allowed during certain hunts. I don't know when they unlock them. I have a gold idol for the Storm Kroc for the past 2 hunts, and have not been able to use it. That's pretty much all I know.

Survivor
Sep 16, 2011
It's not a glitch. Basically there's 2 types of idols, normal idols and gold idols. The gold idols are the ones used to unlock Beastmoon forms and the regular idols you get from plants are used to upgrade the level/tier of those forms. To my knowledge, you can only get the gold idols from the Beastmoon Event progress bar and the Scroll of Fortune.

Hope this helps!

Survivor
Jun 22, 2010
Most beast forms require a "Gold" Idol for the initial unlocking. The plants very rarely (so some say) drop a gold idol. You can get them in the awards for playing Beastmoon, and the seasonal promotion - spiral showcase (?) can't remember the name. also has some of the gold idols.
After you use a gold idol to unlock, you use the regular idols for tiering them up.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
there are two types of idols (gold and some other color). The gold ones are the ones that usually require you unlock the form for the first time. The other colored idols allow you to unlock higher tiers of the form. The gold idols can only be obtained from completing the weekly Beastmoon point challenge or the Scroll of Fortune.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2010
You need the gold idol form to unlock the forms permanently. So be careful how you spend your lunari!

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
To Samantha Rose, you can unlock your storm krok form anytime you want, even when the BM hunt is not active. Just go to the beast form upgrades with the gold idol in your backpack and click on the storm krok tier button. It should show 1/1 and it cost 0 Lunari to unlock the tier when you have the gold idol. Any leveling to 2 and beyond would of course cost Lunari.

KI changes up which forms are unlocked each hunt but if you unlock a beast form with a gold idol, (Samantha), then you can play the storm krok each and every hunt because it will be unlocked for you no matter what forms are locked for the rest of us.

I have been gardening BM blossoms of all the schools since August and I have never received a gold idol from a regular or elder harvest so I doubt the validity of the claim you can get them from gardening.

With the new change in BM regarding tier/level matching. If Samantha for example were to unlock her storm krok beast form she would be Tier 1 and Level 1 at the start of the May BM hunt. However, if she had 600L saved up, she could not only unlock the form at Tier 1, (0 Lunari), but she could then spend the L to get Tier 2 on that krok. Then she would start at Tier 2 AND Level 2 for May's hunt. So it does pay to Tier up, but there are things to consider:
1) do you really want to spend that Lunari
2) do you really want to level tier on that form? Or would you rather wait and see what new beast forms come out and decide then?

Happy Hunting and hope this helps you!

Autumn Wild Heart

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
Thank you for all the helpful replies! I appreciate the advice

Survivor
Aug 15, 2011
Thank you so much for all of the responses! Especially you Nordic Champion. As you can tell, I was a bit confused.Thank you for your great explanation!

Delver
Jun 17, 2012