Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How am I supposed to keep pvping when I have an irredeemable winrate?

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 02, 2010
I'm currently 4-11 in this age. There is literally no point in pvping and trying to get warlord when first turn + shadow pip chance determine whether you win or not. It's literally a coin toss, whoever gets first turn at max level pvp wins. Even if I won half the time my winrate would still be negative. It's ridiculous how Kingsisle doesn't have an active balancing team for pvp. Every multiplayer game (ex. League of Legends) has an active balance team working to make the experience fair and skill based.

Meanwhile this pvp age has been going on for like 3 years now and nothing is being done to address the community's concerns regarding RNG in this game.

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
Are you sure you want to eliminate RNG?

1) All spells now cast with 100% accuracy.

2) Damage done now has an exact amount, not a range.

3) Eliminate Critical and Block. There are no more critical hits, so you don't need block.

4) There are no more critical heals--spells now provide the exact amount of healing that it says on the card.

5) Eliminate pierce. All shields now protect at the exact value written on the card.

6) There is no more drawing of cards--all cards in your deck are now fanned out in front of you.

7) No more farming for gear. All gear is now always available at the Bazaar.

8) No more hatching pets and hoping you get th pet you want. You just go to the kiosk, type in what you want your pet to look like and what talents it will have and boom.

9) No more farming for pet jewels--all jewels are now always avaiable at the bazaar.

This game IS a card game. after all.

Delver
Mar 09, 2018
Liam Swiftwalker on Mar 31, 2020 wrote:
Are you sure you want to eliminate RNG?

1) All spells now cast with 100% accuracy.

2) Damage done now has an exact amount, not a range.

3) Eliminate Critical and Block. There are no more critical hits, so you don't need block.

4) There are no more critical heals--spells now provide the exact amount of healing that it says on the card.

5) Eliminate pierce. All shields now protect at the exact value written on the card.

6) There is no more drawing of cards--all cards in your deck are now fanned out in front of you.

7) No more farming for gear. All gear is now always available at the Bazaar.

8) No more hatching pets and hoping you get th pet you want. You just go to the kiosk, type in what you want your pet to look like and what talents it will have and boom.

9) No more farming for pet jewels--all jewels are now always avaiable at the bazaar.

This game IS a card game. after all.
Things I would be fine with:

2, 4, 8, 9

It's a card game and RNG should exist within it, but surely you must understand that at all level ranges where crits can happen fighting life and balance wizards who just heal up to full after you deal 2x as much damage as they have is definitely not fun.

Hatching pets is already a chore and it'd be fine if they didn't matter so much - think, an extra 22 damage, 15 resist, the chance to cast a spell to give you another 20% resist and a spell that can give you an extra 15 pierce and accuracy all on one item.

The rest... yeah, they're all here for a reason.

Explorer
Mar 01, 2014
J StormCatcher on Mar 27, 2020 wrote:
I'm currently 4-11 in this age. There is literally no point in pvping and trying to get warlord when first turn + shadow pip chance determine whether you win or not. It's literally a coin toss, whoever gets first turn at max level pvp wins. Even if I won half the time my winrate would still be negative. It's ridiculous how Kingsisle doesn't have an active balancing team for pvp. Every multiplayer game (ex. League of Legends) has an active balance team working to make the experience fair and skill based.

Meanwhile this pvp age has been going on for like 3 years now and nothing is being done to address the community's concerns regarding RNG in this game.
you can still win matches you're leaving out a lot of details like your school and strategy, certain schools have certain metas and certain schools have certain strategy if you're 4-11 you're lacking in both.