Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Difficulty with purchasing - Pay Pal and Credit Card

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 22, 2010
Why is it every time I make a purchase from Wizard101 my credit card puts a hold on my card until I contact them? I always go through Pay-Pal for the added layer of protection, but still I get a call from the "fraud control" section of my credit card. I tell them it is a valid purchase, they say they will note it on my account. Yet the next time I make a purchase it happens again.
Generally it isn't a major problem, but today I was embarrassed while grocery shopping due to the hold on my card. I had to leave with no food and when I got home I saw a message on my answering machine from my credit card about false /fraud purchase. I had taken advantage of the crowns sale several hours before I ran out for groceries..
I understand on-line gaming can be a risk and abused, but is there anything I can do, or Wizard101 can do, to clear up such a 'fraud' reputation?
I am sure I am not the only adult that has had this problem with purchases.
Alric x 6

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
AlricX6 on Mar 1, 2020 wrote:
Why is it every time I make a purchase from Wizard101 my credit card puts a hold on my card until I contact them? I always go through Pay-Pal for the added layer of protection, but still I get a call from the "fraud control" section of my credit card. I tell them it is a valid purchase, they say they will note it on my account. Yet the next time I make a purchase it happens again.
Generally it isn't a major problem, but today I was embarrassed while grocery shopping due to the hold on my card. I had to leave with no food and when I got home I saw a message on my answering machine from my credit card about false /fraud purchase. I had taken advantage of the crowns sale several hours before I ran out for groceries..
I understand on-line gaming can be a risk and abused, but is there anything I can do, or Wizard101 can do, to clear up such a 'fraud' reputation?
I am sure I am not the only adult that has had this problem with purchases.
Alric x 6
What! I've heard about these false fraud issues, but it's affecting you in real life??? Wow.

Kingsisle needs to address this, pronto.

Survivor
Oct 19, 2018
Did Wizard101 remove the option to pay with a bank account? Because for some reason, the option isn't showing up for me anymore.

Administrator
Please contact your credit card provider, as they may have extra security enabled on the card. If that all looks clear, then please contact our customer support team and we'll be happy to help investigate: https://www.wizard101.com/CustomerSupport/game