Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 100 Potions.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 19, 2010
I've been playing the game for a long, long while. I've overly experienced the game too much to the point where when I think about making a new character I just groan and sigh, then I just play a single quest and swap over to my max accounts and grind for friends and help around. Because at least then I don't have to experience Dragonspyre, Azteca, Zafaria's Multiple quests that bring you back to the same mob over and over, much more-so with Khrysalis and the Flame-legs, and Blue hornets. Don't get me wrong, the worlds are amazing for your first and second run. but the game has gotten too long to endure, even if you start at Celestia with the Level 50 Potions. An amazing feature in the game in my opinion, but i'd really want to have a Level 100 Potion with the requirements of: "You need 2 characters that have reached level 100+ to use this potion".

There's many firm believers out there that think this is such a terrible idea. Well newsflash to you all, not all of us want to overly experience the game over, and over, and over for amusement. It's NOT fun, It's gotten tedious and majorly unmotivational, and even unrewarding to an extent. The worlds are too long between Avalon and Khrysalis. Zafaria pushes it, but it's still a sorta quick world to get through, it's a good world even if it's out of my preference. But the moment you step through that world door into Avalon. Your motivation to keep playing that character goes away really quick. the beginning of the story is pretty progressive feeling. But you get into the middle and end of the world, and you're just going "Great. back here again...". That same feeling is reinforced by Khrysalis hard. Again, going back to the Flame-legs mob for example. I just finished Khrysalis on my death character and to be honest, getting the heck out of that world has given me such a satisfied feeling. Not rewarding in the slightest, but satisfied that it's over. And that shouldn't be how the game is structured. The things KI improved so amazingly on was the worlds proceeding after, even Empyrea was relatively a great length of a world. And that's what i look forward to in these next worlds. Is not the story, but the fact that it feels like I'm getting somewhere all the time. That I'm progressing through the story the whole time rather than feel like I'm stuck in one spot for a whole 3 hours IRL time grinding the same mobs over and over for back to back quests. It's as I said before, tedious and unmotivational. And the problem is, the game is only going to get further and further. With W101's only milestone point being Level 50, it will become more and more daunting to play this game the further it gets without a second milestone point if you're just starting off a new character. Now I know it's not a major profit off of KI to implement a Level 50 and 100 potion, regardless of the fact that you'd have to get to that second level 100 point for you to be able to use a potion for a third or so level 100 character. But I feel like we're getting to a point in the game where this is well needed for the players as an option. An expensive, but deserved option.

Thank you~

Survivor
Apr 07, 2011
Kitboone on Feb 26, 2020 wrote:
I've been playing the game for a long, long while. I've overly experienced the game too much to the point where when I think about making a new character I just groan and sigh, then I just play a single quest and swap over to my max accounts and grind for friends and help around. Because at least then I don't have to experience Dragonspyre, Azteca, Zafaria's Multiple quests that bring you back to the same mob over and over, much more-so with Khrysalis and the Flame-legs, and Blue hornets. Don't get me wrong, the worlds are amazing for your first and second run. but the game has gotten too long to endure, even if you start at Celestia with the Level 50 Potions. An amazing feature in the game in my opinion, but i'd really want to have a Level 100 Potion with the requirements of: "You need 2 characters that have reached level 100+ to use this potion".

There's many firm believers out there that think this is such a terrible idea. Well newsflash to you all, not all of us want to overly experience the game over, and over, and over for amusement. It's NOT fun, It's gotten tedious and majorly unmotivational, and even unrewarding to an extent. The worlds are too long between Avalon and Khrysalis. Zafaria pushes it, but it's still a sorta quick world to get through, it's a good world even if it's out of my preference. But the moment you step through that world door into Avalon. Your motivation to keep playing that character goes away really quick. the beginning of the story is pretty progressive feeling. But you get into the middle and end of the world, and you're just going "Great. back here again...". That same feeling is reinforced by Khrysalis hard. Again, going back to the Flame-legs mob for example. I just finished Khrysalis on my death character and to be honest, getting the heck out of that world has given me such a satisfied feeling. Not rewarding in the slightest, but satisfied that it's over. And that shouldn't be how the game is structured. The things KI improved so amazingly on was the worlds proceeding after, even Empyrea was relatively a great length of a world. And that's what i look forward to in these next worlds. Is not the story, but the fact that it feels like I'm getting somewhere all the time. That I'm progressing through the story the whole time rather than feel like I'm stuck in one spot for a whole 3 hours IRL time grinding the same mobs over and over for back to back quests. It's as I said before, tedious and unmotivational. And the problem is, the game is only going to get further and further. With W101's only milestone point being Level 50, it will become more and more daunting to play this game the further it gets without a second milestone point if you're just starting off a new character. Now I know it's not a major profit off of KI to implement a Level 50 and 100 potion, regardless of the fact that you'd have to get to that second level 100 point for you to be able to use a potion for a third or so level 100 character. But I feel like we're getting to a point in the game where this is well needed for the players as an option. An expensive, but deserved option.

Thank you~
I honestly, was thinking about this idea for last 3 months; I was going to set here and type out my thoughts, but you took the words right out of me lol well said! Lol Nonetheless, there nothing wrong with this idea or any drawbacks for KI or anyone having to fear, why? Cuz, thats easy - due fact you lvl a wizard to lvl 100, you still yet again have 30 more levels to grind on each one. Still another 3 worlds to grind! Means we still have to put in the time and effort.

I for one thing, may just be me,. ....but i do believe KI should implement a " World level potion " , which means - If you dont wanna do Avalon for example, go into crown shop and buy a Avalon Questing Level potion that completes the questing line and level you for that wizard.

So each world, individually would have a level quest potion - this would indefinably give us options and control our wallets; how far we wanna progress and how much we would wanna spend. I Recommend the world quest potions be 5,000 crowns a piece for each world!

End of the day, Kitboone is right, just get unmotivated and dragging feet when it just get repetitive anymore. I dont mind doing something new and doing new world and new storyline; but i dont wanna redo the same exact thing over again, on my other 6 wizards Lolz One wizard is enough way it is ...... I want wizard101 feel like an actual game - where a game should be where you can kick back and " have fun " ...not feel like you come home from work after long day and feel your back at work and trying to " complete a chore ". I wanna come home, hop on beastmoon battle event, and " have fun " and enjoy the fun thing in the game, not do " chore work " ...

Im all for the lvl 100 potions and the individual world quest level potions .... who's with me on this idea?!

Explorer
Jul 05, 2014
I really do have to agree with this.
I currently have 4 max wizards and I'm making my 5th. My death is in Azteca right now as we speak and I'm going insane. I fight the same 3 mobs in an area at least 5 times, it's so annoying. Sure I've only had 4 maxes, but I've had more wizards that I deleted over a certain period of time. I've done the first arc at least 30 times.
**As a side note to that, can we consider lowering the Azteca bosses health? There are some bosses in Polaris that don't even have as much as Azteca bosses, it's insane!

I want to have a max wizard for every school. I don't want to repeat a story line that will take 2 weeks to complete if you no life it.
If you won't make a level 100 one, then at least PLEASE make an elixir that takes you past Azteca. I do believe it's the longest world in the game (Maybe besides Empyrea), but you need to make that elixir eventually, considering that we have no point of telling when the whole game is going to end (storyline wise).
There's just something about repeating the same thing over and over again that really gets to you, ya know?

Survivor
Aug 19, 2010
Cowdy09 on Feb 28, 2020 wrote:
I honestly, was thinking about this idea for last 3 months; I was going to set here and type out my thoughts, but you took the words right out of me lol well said! Lol Nonetheless, there nothing wrong with this idea or any drawbacks for KI or anyone having to fear, why? Cuz, thats easy - due fact you lvl a wizard to lvl 100, you still yet again have 30 more levels to grind on each one. Still another 3 worlds to grind! Means we still have to put in the time and effort.

I for one thing, may just be me,. ....but i do believe KI should implement a " World level potion " , which means - If you dont wanna do Avalon for example, go into crown shop and buy a Avalon Questing Level potion that completes the questing line and level you for that wizard.

So each world, individually would have a level quest potion - this would indefinably give us options and control our wallets; how far we wanna progress and how much we would wanna spend. I Recommend the world quest potions be 5,000 crowns a piece for each world!

End of the day, Kitboone is right, just get unmotivated and dragging feet when it just get repetitive anymore. I dont mind doing something new and doing new world and new storyline; but i dont wanna redo the same exact thing over again, on my other 6 wizards Lolz One wizard is enough way it is ...... I want wizard101 feel like an actual game - where a game should be where you can kick back and " have fun " ...not feel like you come home from work after long day and feel your back at work and trying to " complete a chore ". I wanna come home, hop on beastmoon battle event, and " have fun " and enjoy the fun thing in the game, not do " chore work " ...

Im all for the lvl 100 potions and the individual world quest level potions .... who's with me on this idea?!
I'm glad someone agrees with me on this, and I feel like KI WILL implement a Level 100 potion eventually, for sure. Maybe around when the game reaches 150 as max and somewhere in the summer.

I just made a Balance character for my first time run with them, but as i stated before that i've been playing a very long time, i'm not missing out on the balance's story line. That said, i'm very certain that i wont be progressing the character until i see that Level 100 potion in the crowns shop. Call me Pay-2-Win, but i genuinely refuse to play that character until i see it, and i WILL go out and buy as many crowns as it costs (Hopefully around 60k or if we're lucky, putting into consideration that the requirements are a bit much too, 45k for a potion, that's about $85-95 to $120 worth of money on a single potion.) that's major incoming money that i'm willing to empty my pockets for just so i don't have to experience the long drawn-out story line.

I think the world potions is a bit of a reach, i mean. you gotta put into account that just one of areas in those worlds cost much more than 5000 crowns to purchase permanently. so if we're going world skipping, then do about 13-15k crowns per world. which is also a stretch because the level 50 potions have you skip multiple worlds for 30k. The last 3 worlds are completely fine, no need to skip them because they honestly don't have as much quests as other worlds. As well as I stated before, they also have you progress through the areas fairly quickly, which is amazing to play, especially polaris, i loved polaris. such a satisfying and rewarding world to go through, major XP gain, you just got out of hell AKA khrysalis. mobs are super low health so it's like you just feel KI giving you a quick break and a major reward for getting through that previous world. and it's short, only 8 areas total, not even 100 main quests. and it's a beautiful world. really good story and plot to it. Love Polaris. So if i had to tweak your idea of potion world skipping. i'd have to say:

You can be given an option to skip the worlds Avalon, Azteca, and Khrysalis, all for 15-20k crowns. you can balance it out by making it so you start off only at Level 100 flat. you have the quest to go through the first part of Darkmoor, and you land in Ravenwood, at your graduation, since that's the start of Polaris's main questline. You can go back and get the shadow spells at the shadow trainers just as normal as if you finished the worlds (since they're also main quest line). and that's my proposal. You still have to do Celestia, and Zafaria completely, but you can substitute the Level 100 potion for 3 world skips at a lower cost than an immediate Level 100. If you also bought the Level 50 potion, did the worlds and got the pop-up (As well as an Icon next to your crown shop or "Earn Crowns" icons [in case you're in the worlds already and think you don't want to do them]) to skip the worlds then that's an easy 50k crowns you gotta spend and a deserved $100 profit off of potions alone. Compared to the $120 dollar offer before, it's a great way in my opinion to save yourself $20 and get a little bit of story along the way for KI's efforts.

That said, it really should be brought up to the Developers about this because I think it's a good offer in one way or another.

Thank you~

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018

K i wants 30k just to go from 1-50, and would probable double that amount just to go from 50-100 due to harder worlds. Then every world per say there after won't probably be less than 8k. Just look at the total cost of worlds xD.

Survivor
May 18, 2012
I ave two worlds that I wouldn't hesitate to buy a world skip potion for: Mooshu & Azteca.

I have two wizards ( ) almost done with Avalon & I keep dragging my feet because I REALLY don't want to do Azteca for the 9th & 10th times

Survivor
Apr 07, 2011
angellifeheart on Mar 2, 2020 wrote:
K i wants 30k just to go from 1-50, and would probable double that amount just to go from 50-100 due to harder worlds. Then every world per say there after won't probably be less than 8k. Just look at the total cost of worlds xD.
I understand. But, If you do the math - you have wiz city, krock, mb, ms, and ds. ( And Grizzy side world, so 6 worlds if ya wanna be technical ) Thats 5 worlds, plus a pet and gear, and broom mount thats equals 30,000 k crowns. For me, adding gear, mount and a pet equals probably 8,000 crowns? So value per world would be lower like 22k divered by 5 = 4,400. But if you wanna go by 30,000 crown value, you get 6,000 crowns per world. Which im fine with! Whether if its 5,000 to 6500 crowns. They have to make it equally fair in value.

And might be some people hate me, but there needs to be conditions to be able use these potions - have to have membership -or- have bought these worlds with crowns and own them to use these " individual world leveling potions ". Has to be a balance system in place,...

Also, besides adding a lvl 100 potion; I do believe they need to add a lvl 50 - 100 potion. So people who already used a lvl 50 potion, they can then use a lvl 50-100 potion -or- for those already question pass 50, can use this. Gives options. options we need in the game. Cuz makes no sense to add 100 potion that would cost 60k crowns and a person be lvl 56. It wouldnt be worth their money compared to someone who is starting a lvl 0 wizard from scratch.

So making a lvl 50-100 potion with cl, zf, av, az, kr and one side world: wy and with some decent better high lvl gear with it too = 30,000 crowns

Survivor
Oct 24, 2015
Honestly, this game is such a massive, repetitive grind. I don't know how people get more than 2 max level characters. Not to mention working on optimal pets for those characters can take months. Most games that take this long to reach max level will have better boosting methods so you don't have to slog back through the same content.

I keep leaving and coming back to this game. Personally, it gets boring fast and the combat system is far from balanced. Like going second is always such a HUGE disadvantage and people can become basically immune to some schools with max resistance gear.

I don't want to abandon the game completely, but it simply can't hold my attention for long the aforementioned flaws I find in it. If people can get a max level in every school, I am seriously impressed by the commitment.

Delver
Mar 09, 2018

I'd be down for the world skip potions. I would not hesitate to finish Avalon and then drop $10 to skip Azteca. The questing is just not fun, the story kinda jumps around for 90% of the world, and I'm not big on some of the areas graphic-wise.