Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Let's talk about Scions

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
This is probably going to be my last post for a while, so bear with me. Now am not trying to be a nuisance towards max pvp, but what ever happen to old school pvp? Why, like shadow enhance spells that only some schools benefit from scions while other's aren't even able to use theirs? Why is the ability to one shot your opponent in the span of 3-5 rounds ok? what happen to the classic style using 4-7 pip spells? Scion has become the new trend of pvp in fact id argue that it even buffed off meta tier schools back into this new meta, but at the same time its laying out the conditions that are easily access by some and harder for others. I can't speak for everyone but what i can say, the continuation of potentially allowing schools to one shot other schools will not be deemed healthy in pvp.

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
angellifeheart on Feb 25, 2020 wrote:
This is probably going to be my last post for a while, so bear with me. Now am not trying to be a nuisance towards max pvp, but what ever happen to old school pvp? Why, like shadow enhance spells that only some schools benefit from scions while other's aren't even able to use theirs? Why is the ability to one shot your opponent in the span of 3-5 rounds ok? what happen to the classic style using 4-7 pip spells? Scion has become the new trend of pvp in fact id argue that it even buffed off meta tier schools back into this new meta, but at the same time its laying out the conditions that are easily access by some and harder for others. I can't speak for everyone but what i can say, the continuation of potentially allowing schools to one shot other schools will not be deemed healthy in pvp.
As a Balance wizard, Scion is not a useful spell for me in PvP. Balance Scion is a good Boss killer in questing though.

Even with Mana Burn, I get hit with Scions from Storm and even Fire schools from time to time. I have learned to tank Storm Scion. It is the Death Scion that can one shot me.

PvP is a card game where we get to stack our own decks. If I lose a match, it is just because I did not draw the right cards, or perhaps I drew them but didn't play them correctly--that is partly my fault and partly "the luck of the draw."

I don't feel like begrudging any school any spell. I mean, the School of Fire is a little too "trappy" for my taste, but that is their thing.

Explorer
Mar 01, 2014
angellifeheart on Feb 25, 2020 wrote:
well when you break it down certain schools have certain roles to play balance is naturally support. and so is life thats why they arent as good in pvp, they're created in mind of the player's school, storms a hitter so is fire.. myth is minions and stuns but mostly damage, death is a sap health etc. basically the one that are good for hitting are the only ones truely good in pvp. hope this clears it up..

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
xTsuin on Mar 1, 2020 wrote:
well when you break it down certain schools have certain roles to play balance is naturally support. and so is life thats why they arent as good in pvp, they're created in mind of the player's school, storms a hitter so is fire.. myth is minions and stuns but mostly damage, death is a sap health etc. basically the one that are good for hitting are the only ones truely good in pvp. hope this clears it up..
Logistically that is not a very good concept, every school with jade or non jade gears can potentially play support roles even if some are better than others. Ive played support on storm and fire before. PVP scenarios should be treated different but its the great bias behind dominant current meta schools vs non meta is whats bothering me. Any school can hit in pvp, but it takes more than just hitting to win a match. It takes rather a great deal of patients, trials and errors, guts and a ton of rng at max pvp to win a match or have things truly bend to your favor if played correctly.

Explorer
Mar 01, 2014
angellifeheart on Mar 2, 2020 wrote:
Logistically that is not a very good concept, every school with jade or non jade gears can potentially play support roles even if some are better than others. Ive played support on storm and fire before. PVP scenarios should be treated different but its the great bias behind dominant current meta schools vs non meta is whats bothering me. Any school can hit in pvp, but it takes more than just hitting to win a match. It takes rather a great deal of patients, trials and errors, guts and a ton of rng at max pvp to win a match or have things truly bend to your favor if played correctly.
you can't be a half decent jade as storm or fire my friend has tried it it doesn't work your health is far too low and the spells are not good lol all winning takes in pvp is a basic strategy with little to no weaknesses not trial and error or rng, the best strategy involves sabotaging your opponent and hitting as efficiently as possible.

Survivor
Sep 25, 2019