Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pre-balancing adjustments.

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
The out come of pvp has always been predicted through sheer health, damage, mass resist, pierce and critical for quite sometime. Rng has also played a big part in pvp such as may-cast and mantles that cause fizzling. At max level most of the gears gave a huge power spike towards schools that were considered under performing, while those considered overwhelming got more broken. Since gears cost time and crown i can understand the prevalence concept that they cannot be altered in anyway shape or form to adjust for balance. Hence, why am targeting specific spells towards each schools that needs nerfs and buffs to equal the playing field across the board. As i mentioned during my impervious post scion spells are getting out of hand for two reasons. Relatively strong out put damage, and unfairness towards certain schools who don't have access to scion damages and requirements needed.

I understand that each schools is giving its own uniqueness:
Ice, being able to have strong defensive play styles while keeping a relatively high health for lack of heals.

Fire, consistent damage combo out put that puts them on par with storm, while having access to better health,resist, fairly the same damage and damage over time.

Balance, basically the jack of all trades that comes close to ice if played correctly with their insane amount of health and sheer utility.

Life, being a school that should be able to recover from most hits with exceptional heals,while being able to relatively tank as much as balance for the lack of power.

Death, having the ability to damage and drain their opponents health and the same time,while relatively having good defense and stronger out put damage than balance and life.

Myth, access to spells that deals more damage than life and death while being able to summon minions. Having the most reliable stun combo spell of all schools, while having access to ward wrecking spells and double hit shield breaker combos.

And lastly, storm, basically the joke of pvp imho. Very high rng reliable, strong damage output but relatively weak resistance and low health. So basically the glass cannon of all schools.

Now with all that being said here my proposal to spell balancing for each schools that will create a better opportunity in turn base pvp.

Ice: Abominable Weaver: Nerf-850 damage with a -50% shield. Bale-Frost:Change-Critical block rate increase by 10% bonus.Lord of winter:Nerf-850 damage places x2 25% ice traps after. Steal ward and Snow Drift-pip cost increase to 3. Ice is in a very controversial state atm having tanky stats. Ice should not be allowed ice to have access high out put damaging spells and damage utilities. Steal ward and Snow drift also allow ice to take wide open shots with stack blades this is what make ice a very formidable school.

Fire: Efreet-Nerf: Weakness remove, places x 2-35% traps after cast instead. Fire from above:Nerf-1100-1200 retains effect. Burning rampage-change 250+590 over 3 rounds. Fire beetle- change 1 fire trap. Fire, like ice and balance has been top tier in pvp for 5 yrs and for good reasons. Having strong offensive combo strategies and many options to damage overtime. Fire has reach its peak in doing way to much damage relatively too fast. Fire was known to be that school that should do high base damage through damage overtime and it should stay that way. Efreet by every standard is the most broken offensive-defensive spell in the game and needs to change pronto. If bad juju cost the user x25% health for not even able to do damage for the same weakness. Then by no way is Efreet a balance spell. This would leave fire as vulnerable as storm and needs to rely on defensive spells such as shields, auras or mantles.

Balance: Gaze of fate Nerf-660 damage first(balance)440(random school) x15% damage bubble after.
Mana Burn: Nerf/change- 15% max health damage not enchant able or boosted by damage source. Super nova:Nerf- pip cost increase to 4. Availing hands: Buff- 350+500 over 3 rounds. Balance is the school of sheer utility that i agree, but they also have plenty of health, moderate damage and decent resist. Balance should rely on weakening the opponent than just out right stalling them. No school should have the ability to prevent counter play, hence why mana burn needs to change. Giving them max health damage should be base on how high the opponent health is. Gaze of fate does too much for what its currently doing minor adjustment is needed. As for nova every school relatively depends on aura defensive spells such as brace including balance. They should not be giving the option to just burst every single bubble while their able to retain theirs. Re-posting under this post as follows per limit capa.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
angellifeheart on Feb 20, 2020 wrote:
The out come of pvp has always been predicted through sheer health, damage, mass resist, pierce and critical for quite sometime. Rng has also played a big part in pvp such as may-cast and mantles that cause fizzling. At max level most of the gears gave a huge power spike towards schools that were considered under performing, while those considered overwhelming got more broken. Since gears cost time and crown i can understand the prevalence concept that they cannot be altered in anyway shape or form to adjust for balance. Hence, why am targeting specific spells towards each schools that needs nerfs and buffs to equal the playing field across the board. As i mentioned during my impervious post scion spells are getting out of hand for two reasons. Relatively strong out put damage, and unfairness towards certain schools who don't have access to scion damages and requirements needed.

Ice, being able to have strong defensive play styles while keeping a relatively high health for lack of heals.

Fire, consistent damage combo out put that puts them on par with storm, while having access to better health,resist, fairly the same damage and damage over time.

Balance, basically the jack of all trades that comes close to ice if played correctly with their insane amount of health and sheer utility.

Life, being a school that should be able to recover from most hits with exceptional heals,while being able to relatively tank as much as balance for the lack of power.

Death, having the ability to damage and drain their opponents health and the same time,while relatively having good defense and stronger out put damage than balance and life.

Myth, access to spells that deals more damage than life and death while being able to summon minions. Having the most reliable stun combo spell of all schools, while having access to ward wrecking spells and double hit shield breaker combos.

And lastly, storm, basically the joke of pvp imho. Very high rng reliable, strong damage output but relatively weak resistance and low health. So basically the glass cannon of all schools.

Now with all that being said here my proposal to spell balancing for each schools that will create a better opportunity in turn base pvp.

Ice: Abominable Weaver: Nerf-850 damage with a -50% shield. Bale-Frost:Change-Critical block rate increase by 10% bonus.Lord of winter:Nerf-850 damage places x2 25% ice traps after. Steal ward and Snow Drift-pip cost increase to 3. Ice is in a very controversial state atm having tanky stats. Ice should not be allowed ice to have access high out put damaging spells and damage utilities. Steal ward and Snow drift also allow ice to take wide open shots with stack blades this is what make ice a very formidable school.

Fire: Efreet-Nerf: Weakness remove, places x 2-35% traps after cast instead. Fire from above:Nerf-1100-1200 retains effect. Burning rampage-change 250+590 over 3 rounds. Fire beetle- change 1 fire trap. Fire, like ice and balance has been top tier in pvp for 5 yrs and for good reasons. Having strong offensive combo strategies and many options to damage overtime. Fire has reach its peak in doing way to much damage relatively too fast. Fire was known to be that school that should do high base damage through damage overtime and it should stay that way. Efreet by every standard is the most broken offensive-defensive spell in the game and needs to change pronto. If bad juju cost the user x25% health for not even able to do damage for the same weakness. Then by no way is Efreet a balance spell. This would leave fire as vulnerable as storm and needs to rely on defensive spells such as shields, auras or mantles.

Balance: Gaze of fate Nerf-660 damage first(balance)440(random school) x15% damage bubble after.
Mana Burn: Nerf/change- 15% max health damage not enchant able or boosted by damage source. Super nova:Nerf- pip cost increase to 4. Availing hands: Buff- 350+500 over 3 rounds. Balance is the school of sheer utility that i agree, but they also have plenty of health, moderate damage and decent resist. Balance should rely on weakening the opponent than just out right stalling them. No school should have the ability to prevent counter play, hence why mana burn needs to change. Giving them max health damage should be base on how high the opponent health is. Gaze of fate does too much for what its currently doing minor adjustment is needed. As for nova every school relatively depends on aura defensive spells such as brace including balance. They should not be giving the option to just burst every single bubble while their able to retain theirs. Re-posting under this post as follows per limit capa.
Just a further continuation on the Pre- Nerfs+Buffs implementations.

Life: Hungry Caterpillar:Nerf-850 damage with a 1000 absorb. Sanctuary: Change-30% heal boost with 20% life damage.Pip cost reduce to 2. Goat monk: Buff/change- 90+490 over 3 rounds per round. Guardian spirit:changed-20% of max health with revive(is no longer affected by healing sources)i.e 7500 on revive 1500 health. Life has always been lacking in the power department due to its ability to out heal certain damage with critical. Now am not overly found of jade-turtle or angel strategies myself that stalls out matches expecting the enemy to flee. Hence a nerf on sanctuary is needed to compensate a bit of damage for offensive life pvp. Lack of low 5 pip dot makes life a failed state to compete with other low dot users such as ice, fire and death hence giving this to goat monk should level the playing field for life.

Death:Call of Khrullu: Buff-920 vamp to all enemies,swap half to self. Winged sorrow: Buff/change- 1030 and -40% weakness to one enemy. Doom and gloom: Buff-change: -30% on all healing sources+20% damage boost to death spells and vamps. Retains pip cost at 2. Animate-14 pip Lord night shade: Buff- retains immunity to death for 5 rounds after casting. Ice spell taunt removed. Self inflicted spells such as i.e empower,dark pack and sacrifice now all does 250-300 flat damage(unaffected by damage source). Bad juju: change to 450 damage to all enemies with a -20% weakness to all. Pip cost increase to 4. New lore spell 4 pip cost 450 vamp single target -20% weakness after. Death while in a decent place atm due to blade stacking and shift oak still lacks spell diversity. With the changes to the implemented spells this would certainly bring more options and give death the huge power spike it deserves for being bottom tier close to storm for a while.

Myth:Grendel Amends :Buff-change to 4 pips. Medusa: change-gives 2 stun blocks instead of 1. Athena: Dmg buff-utility nerf- 535dmg +25% dmg reduction to next inc spell. Not much to say about myth partially balance yet partially broken due to their double hits and ward wreckers pierce shield spells. Just giving them a lil more umph on the survival department towards other classes such as storm and fire.

Storm: Hammer of thor: Reduce pip cost to 4 keep damage at 475(balances the spell). Wild bolt: Buff- 300,500,1000 base damage increase. Pip cost increase to 3. Healing current:300,500, 1000. Pip cost retains at 3.
Storm King Artorius : Buff/change- 120+1000 over 3 rounds per round,+10% storm pierce+ removes 1 blade from enemy. Insane bolt: change-70% of the damage mitigates into storm 30% moon after. Pip cost increase to 4. Lastly Catalan:Buff/change-100+750 damage over 3 round

Just a base on what storm needs right now to fit into the meta. With these changes it will help bring back what was once the most formidable school in wiz with decent balancing of course ;). That's out take and analysis on all 7 schools balance adjustment. Now the rest is up to you K I, this is the only way your going to able to fix pvp. Am not trying to kill schools but rather giving the opportunity to all school in its state of condition and equal chance of winning without being oppressive.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
angellifeheart on Feb 20, 2020 wrote:

It seems I've over or under nerf burning rampage- I meant to say to give it 120+650 over 3 rounds putting it on part with the new Catalan 100+750 over 3 rounds. There is still other stuff to be adjusted but these are just a start that should be implemented before 5th age.

Defender
May 11, 2013
Yes lets NERF spells for the sake of PvP because nerfing skills for PvP works so Great in all the other games it has killed, had you said adjust the spells while in the PvP arena, I would be on board but with the current way of wording, I am 100% against ANY nerfs that ALSO affect PvE. This game has a long history of PvPers getting things nerfed for PvE and it has gotten old and players have left over it. A game can not cater to PvP over PvE, when a game makes changes to fix "OP"skills in PvP it needs to be done in a way that does not hurt the PvErs.

Delver
Mar 09, 2018
I really REALLY hope they don't listen to the majority of this post

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
JewelKI on Feb 23, 2020 wrote:
I really REALLY hope they don't listen to the majority of this post
Its open to criticism and opinionated responses so feel free to voice your concerns and reasons. I've played all 7 schools since third age pvp all walords 1500+ rank. Over 25000 hrs+ experience in max level pvp. These are just my take on balancing pvp if gears aren't going to be balance around spells vice versa.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
RedDragon877 on Feb 22, 2020 wrote:
Yes lets NERF spells for the sake of PvP because nerfing skills for PvP works so Great in all the other games it has killed, had you said adjust the spells while in the PvP arena, I would be on board but with the current way of wording, I am 100% against ANY nerfs that ALSO affect PvE. This game has a long history of PvPers getting things nerfed for PvE and it has gotten old and players have left over it. A game can not cater to PvP over PvE, when a game makes changes to fix "OP"skills in PvP it needs to be done in a way that does not hurt the PvErs.
Their aren't any real skills when it comes to max pvp. Just the basic usage of spells than are primarily over used like shadow enhance shrike scion etc. In pve the construct of balance talk doesn't really exist because you can have 10k damage in pve and it wont matter, your not harming anyone. These Adjustments are just for pvp in my take, its up to KI to decide on the later part.