Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Olde Town Apartment requirements are ridiculous

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 02, 2012
In order to even unlock the Olde Town Apartment you need the Team Champion badge.

Easy right?

Wrong

2,000 teams helped

Please explain why this is necessary. I feel like 500 teams helped is still too much.

-Jack Thundersword

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Jack Tundersword on Feb 14, 2020 wrote:
In order to even unlock the Olde Town Apartment you need the Team Champion badge.

Easy right?

Wrong

2,000 teams helped

Please explain why this is necessary. I feel like 500 teams helped is still too much.

-Jack Thundersword
I agree. That is why I don't do anything in the game that requires unrealistic actions. Not only that, I don't do teams either. If I can't complete something by dual boxing, I will either bypass it or as a friend for help.

Defender
May 30, 2010

Easy right?

Wrong

2,000 teams helped

-Jack Thundersword
They are not really that bad. If you just want so bad, just help in the first arc (or just WC and Krok). As a badge person, this badge was not too bad just a lot of grinding (The only problem was some of the puzzle rooms and the fact that some people go afk after doing team up but that happens rarely). Slow and surely you will get the badge. The apartment is very cool and I like people have to work for it. If you did not know, you still get gear stitch for 100, a pet for a 500, a mount for 1000, and of course a house for 2,000. I still remember when you got nothing for helping 2,000 teams.
what I would really like is more stuff for the team up badges that we can get. It did take me a year or so to get this badge but that because I had others things go on and wanted to do others things. But this girl I know, got from 500 to 2,000 fairly fast so it is a matter of if you want this house or not.

Survivor
Jan 09, 2016
Its not that hard im almost at 2000 teams helped

Champion
Feb 06, 2010

Easy right?

Wrong

2,000 teams helped

-Jack Thundersword
I feel like some things need to be difficult to achieve.. that’s what makes it fun!

Don’t get me wrong, there is a difference between a task that is long and difficult versus a task that is long and boring/tedious. I do think however, that it should take a while to get the good stuff from helping teams. People need help in this game, and that is a great way to force people to lend a hand!!

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Blaze03554 on Feb 15, 2020 wrote:
I feel like some things need to be difficult to achieve.. that’s what makes it fun!

Don’t get me wrong, there is a difference between a task that is long and difficult versus a task that is long and boring/tedious. I do think however, that it should take a while to get the good stuff from helping teams. People need help in this game, and that is a great way to force people to lend a hand!!

Keyword "FORCE". No players should be forced to do anything. Doing a Task is not the issue, but requiring players to complete a large number of a task is.

Have you completed the badges for the "Undead"? It was bad enough to complete 2k. Now, there is a badge for 20k for Undead Executioner.

At one point I was working to complete every badge on my main wizards on each of my 2 accounts. But some of the tasks are getting to be a bit ridiculous.

This isn't the only task that is "forcing" players to do something they don't want to do in order to achieve a goal. At some point players are going to say enough.

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
I agree with op. You would have to devote quite a bit of time to achieve this goal. It would take me prolly a year or 2 to get even close to this amount. There is a lot to do in this game besides spending all your time in Team Up. If you did 5-6 team ups every single day on a character....it would take a year.
So everyone will need to decide what amount of time they are willing to put into The Team Up Goal. But I'm not sure...but even after reaching the goal, if you have more than 3 castles you will have to buy the elixir allowing you to have the Apartment. So one year 5-6 team-ups + elixir.
Decide for yourself.

Not for me. Scarlet ShadowStone