Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game suggestions/ideas

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 20, 2009
-Health wisps around the Team up Kiosk
I personally use the Team up Kiosk in Wizard City to help players from higher level worlds. Because of that I often finish the battles with very little health. There is already plenty of mana wisps floating around, why not health wisps as well? The team up kiosk looks like a little house so there could be a little chimney at the top that spawns health orbs, just like in Mirage.

-Subscription roll over
On several occasions I have played Wizards101 one month then didn't play again for couple months. Then I play the game again and realize I forgot to terminate my subscription, so I wasted money. It would be nice if when someone bought a subscription and ended up not playing the game for that entire month (entire renewal period) that the money spent on that subscription could roll over into crowns for that persons account. That way the player is getting their money’s worth, and not wasting it.

-Team Up queues
Players could click the Team Up option and see who is in there already without automatically joining, just as it is in the team up kiosk. There are times when players in small groups looking for that last person to join them have tried to join team up with their group and were automatically put into another, and sent into the dungeon. The dilemma then is do they abandon that new group that they just entered the dungeon with, or do they abandon their friends? Seeing who is in there, if any, would help prevent separating previously formed groups; especially at regularly farmed dungeons/bosses.

And finally,

Trading Regents and Gold

In the past KingsIsle has said no to anything other than trading treasure cards; I would ask that they please reconsider. Personally, there have been a number of times where I tried to help someone with regents by selling what I had in the Bazaar, in the hopes that they would be able to grab it before someone else did. More often than not, the regents I sold were rare; such as Fossils or Diamonds so the person I meant to sell them to weren't able to buy them fast enough and missed their chance to get them. Being able to trade these directly with the person and skipping the Bazaar all together would make things immensely easier.

Regarding the trading of gold; many times in the past I have wanted to give gold to my other characters, other players on my family account, and in game friends, but I cannot. I had to resort to the putting gear I didn't want in shared bank and buying, then trading, expensive treasure cards. Another example would be when I wanted to hatch with someone and they or myself did not have enough gold.

So here is my suggestion, if someone wanted to be able to trade gold and regents, they would have to buy a traders permit or license (whatever it ends up being called) The player would have to buy that from the crowns shop, it could be 12,000 or 13,000 crowns. The ability to trade gold could even be sold separately than regents, so that way if players wanted to be able to trade both, they would have to buy both. Then after players could trade those, they would see the options to trade them in the same window that treasure cards are traded. When the treasure card window is open, at the top there could be three options, one for treasure cards, regents and gold. Players could click on what they wanted to trade. For example, one player could trade treasure cards, the other player could trade gold. One player could choose regents, the other could choose treasure cards.

Being able to trade gold and regents would help a lot of players, especially at lower levels. This would also promote helpful interactions between players. However I also realize that this could create disagreements regarding trading amounts. I also propose a trading cap, so that players could only trade so much of a certain item in a 24 hour period. More common items such as stone blocks or deep mushrooms could have a trading cap of 100, while less common items like black pearls or blood moss could be 10-20. Of course rare items such as Amber or Flying Squid Ink may only be 5-10.

I would ask that KingsIsle please genuinely consider my suggestions and ideas. I have played the game for many years and have loved it more than any other game I have played, and I truly believe that my suggestions and ideas (especially trading) would be beneficial to everyone.

Administrator
serenity95 on Feb 12, 2020 wrote:
-Health wisps around the Team up Kiosk
I personally use the Team up Kiosk in Wizard City to help players from higher level worlds. Because of that I often finish the battles with very little health. There is already plenty of mana wisps floating around, why not health wisps as well? The team up kiosk looks like a little house so there could be a little chimney at the top that spawns health orbs, just like in Mirage.

-Subscription roll over
On several occasions I have played Wizards101 one month then didn't play again for couple months. Then I play the game again and realize I forgot to terminate my subscription, so I wasted money. It would be nice if when someone bought a subscription and ended up not playing the game for that entire month (entire renewal period) that the money spent on that subscription could roll over into crowns for that persons account. That way the player is getting their money’s worth, and not wasting it.

-Team Up queues
Players could click the Team Up option and see who is in there already without automatically joining, just as it is in the team up kiosk. There are times when players in small groups looking for that last person to join them have tried to join team up with their group and were automatically put into another, and sent into the dungeon. The dilemma then is do they abandon that new group that they just entered the dungeon with, or do they abandon their friends? Seeing who is in there, if any, would help prevent separating previously formed groups; especially at regularly farmed dungeons/bosses.

And finally,

Trading Regents and Gold

In the past KingsIsle has said no to anything other than trading treasure cards; I would ask that they please reconsider. Personally, there have been a number of times where I tried to help someone with regents by selling what I had in the Bazaar, in the hopes that they would be able to grab it before someone else did. More often than not, the regents I sold were rare; such as Fossils or Diamonds so the person I meant to sell them to weren't able to buy them fast enough and missed their chance to get them. Being able to trade these directly with the person and skipping the Bazaar all together would make things immensely easier.

Regarding the trading of gold; many times in the past I have wanted to give gold to my other characters, other players on my family account, and in game friends, but I cannot. I had to resort to the putting gear I didn't want in shared bank and buying, then trading, expensive treasure cards. Another example would be when I wanted to hatch with someone and they or myself did not have enough gold.

So here is my suggestion, if someone wanted to be able to trade gold and regents, they would have to buy a traders permit or license (whatever it ends up being called) The player would have to buy that from the crowns shop, it could be 12,000 or 13,000 crowns. The ability to trade gold could even be sold separately than regents, so that way if players wanted to be able to trade both, they would have to buy both. Then after players could trade those, they would see the options to trade them in the same window that treasure cards are traded. When the treasure card window is open, at the top there could be three options, one for treasure cards, regents and gold. Players could click on what they wanted to trade. For example, one player could trade treasure cards, the other player could trade gold. One player could choose regents, the other could choose treasure cards.

Being able to trade gold and regents would help a lot of players, especially at lower levels. This would also promote helpful interactions between players. However I also realize that this could create disagreements regarding trading amounts. I also propose a trading cap, so that players could only trade so much of a certain item in a 24 hour period. More common items such as stone blocks or deep mushrooms could have a trading cap of 100, while less common items like black pearls or blood moss could be 10-20. Of course rare items such as Amber or Flying Squid Ink may only be 5-10.

I would ask that KingsIsle please genuinely consider my suggestions and ideas. I have played the game for many years and have loved it more than any other game I have played, and I truly believe that my suggestions and ideas (especially trading) would be beneficial to everyone.
A nice list of suggestions, thanks Serenity95!

Survivor
Jul 20, 2009
Sparck on Feb 13, 2020 wrote:
A nice list of suggestions, thanks Serenity95!
Administrator Spark,

I know you are busy, but if you have time would you share your thoughts regarding my suggestions and ideas? Pertaining to trading specifically; in the past Administrators have said there will never be any trading other than treasure cards. Should that be your response as well, could other players and myself know why? Thank you for any time you give for a response! Also I apologize if this message shows up twice, this is my first time posting anything on here due to concern that anything I put forward would be completely disregarded.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2018
Hi i don't know how to post my own thread so figured this might be the place for it, i have a idea, a name changer hear me out, you get 1 free name change per account and after that it costs 10k to change it and the more times you change the more expensive all the way up to 60k max?

Survivor
Jul 20, 2009
RSGodZz2140 on Feb 14, 2020 wrote:
Hi i don't know how to post my own thread so figured this might be the place for it, i have a idea, a name changer hear me out, you get 1 free name change per account and after that it costs 10k to change it and the more times you change the more expensive all the way up to 60k max?
Hi, I like your idea! How would your friends know that you changed your name though; how would they recognize you on their friends list? Maybe there could be a "previously known as" subtitle with your new name. That would be a really interesting addition though, it could be a "name change elixir" in the crown shop!

In regards to posting your own thread, on the top left side of the forums window, you see the Wizard 101 title, just below that you see the green logout icon; right below that there is a brown icon called "New Topic" if you click that you will be able to post your own thread! I just figured this out myself the other day!

Administrator
serenity95 on Feb 13, 2020 wrote:
Administrator Spark,

I know you are busy, but if you have time would you share your thoughts regarding my suggestions and ideas? Pertaining to trading specifically; in the past Administrators have said there will never be any trading other than treasure cards. Should that be your response as well, could other players and myself know why? Thank you for any time you give for a response! Also I apologize if this message shows up twice, this is my first time posting anything on here due to concern that anything I put forward would be completely disregarded.
I always have time for our community! No worries serenity95, you had some great points here.

I've let the team know about these ideas. I think they are great and worth taking a look at certainly, but it's not up to me to be able to implement them :(.

Survivor
Jul 20, 2009
Sparck on Feb 20, 2020 wrote:
I always have time for our community! No worries serenity95, you had some great points here.

I've let the team know about these ideas. I think they are great and worth taking a look at certainly, but it's not up to me to be able to implement them :(.
Thank you for passing on my ideas and letting me know! The feedback about that is very encouraging. Thank you to you and all of the KingsIsle team for everything that you do!

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Show wizard's level you're teaming with at team-up kiosk:
I personaly feel teaming up with players 30+ levels higher than you takes the fun out of the game by doing most of the defeating not giving you a good decent change to enjoy the wizard you're playing.

Health and mana wisps:
I think you're wizards house should have health and mana wisps so you don't traips around for minutes looking for them in nomal and full realms. Especially after you got defeated and no one to heal you; leaving you to flee to get health and need to port back asap.

Survivor
Jan 12, 2010
Sparck on Feb 20, 2020 wrote:

I get why the game creators don’t want to do that, it could be taken advantage of. But I have also received items that I have wanted to give to friends. Specifically recently I bought a pack and wanted to keep my current outfit rather than the new one. I have a friend who liked the looks but not the stats of the outfit it would be cool if you could grant real world friends access to your “shared bank” for situations like that.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2018
serenity95 on Feb 15, 2020 wrote:
Hi, I like your idea! How would your friends know that you changed your name though; how would they recognize you on their friends list? Maybe there could be a "previously known as" subtitle with your new name. That would be a really interesting addition though, it could be a "name change elixir" in the crown shop!

In regards to posting your own thread, on the top left side of the forums window, you see the Wizard 101 title, just below that you see the green logout icon; right below that there is a brown icon called "New Topic" if you click that you will be able to post your own thread! I just figured this out myself the other day!
Hi, yeah i think that could work for their friends to know, or have a like a notifaction for name changes and their friends list? have it as their orginial name for like a few hours with "New name" under it maybe? hopefully if the team does consider this, i know they can think of a good way to be able to handle it and get it known for the players :D

Survivor
Jul 20, 2009
Patrick Ravenbane on Feb 20, 2020 wrote:
Show wizard's level you're teaming with at team-up kiosk:
I personaly feel teaming up with players 30+ levels higher than you takes the fun out of the game by doing most of the defeating not giving you a good decent change to enjoy the wizard you're playing.

Health and mana wisps:
I think you're wizards house should have health and mana wisps so you don't traips around for minutes looking for them in nomal and full realms. Especially after you got defeated and no one to heal you; leaving you to flee to get health and need to port back asap.
I love your ideas!

Knowing the level of the wizards in team up sounds like an awesome idea and would definitely be useful. Pertaining to the higher level joining; perhaps there could be an option for a level cap if the person wanting help doesn't want to be carried.

Regarding the health and mana wisps at player houses, that sounds great! Especially in the worlds that don't have health wisps in the commons type area. Maybe KingsIsle could put a purchasable kiosk or fountain type thing in the crowns shop that spawns both wisps.That way you could place it wherever you wanted in your house, or even buy multiple of them!

Survivor
Jul 20, 2009
AlexandriaNightblo... on Feb 20, 2020 wrote:
I get why the game creators don’t want to do that, it could be taken advantage of. But I have also received items that I have wanted to give to friends. Specifically recently I bought a pack and wanted to keep my current outfit rather than the new one. I have a friend who liked the looks but not the stats of the outfit it would be cool if you could grant real world friends access to your “shared bank” for situations like that.
In the past I have seen a number of people ask about trading things other than treasure cards. You're right, people would take advantage of trading items, if there was that option. I can imagine seeing tons of people in the commons asking for gear in exchange for other things. Regarding your suggestion for the shared bank option for real world friends; how would that be implemented? How would KingsIsle sort out who is real life friends versus people who exchanged a true friend code? I really like your idea though, because I have been in the same situation.

Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
Change the background sound in our houses. Or, an option to just turn the background sound off.
Even with the background sound off I would enjoy a scroll that plays some music, like forest sounds, rain, running brook, soft ocean waves. etc.
I have multiple houses and love to decorate. I can take hours and listening to groans and moans is hard on the nerves.
Love the storm house but not a calming storm. Can't turn sound all the way down because I need to hear game sounds like magic spells, picking up or dropping an item, etc.

Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
Plant spell
We have a Plant all plants spell. Could we get one that harvests all plants and also one that picks up all the plants that are ready to harvest?

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
If trading was to become a thing, then their needs to be a healthy risk free trading system that demands some type of payment from the gifter to prevent future abuse of the system. I'm already seeing whats been done with tc's atm and its not entirely "fair". Value can be debated and its just going to come down to what both players agree on what they think its "fair". Trading system have destroyed mmorpg games in the past, when players grasp the idea of selling items for "real" currency.K I has had a long run with wiz through its ups and downs but is still one of the best mmorpg game on the market.

Survivor
Jul 20, 2009
mattie1010. on Feb 27, 2020 wrote:
Change the background sound in our houses. Or, an option to just turn the background sound off.
Even with the background sound off I would enjoy a scroll that plays some music, like forest sounds, rain, running brook, soft ocean waves. etc.
I have multiple houses and love to decorate. I can take hours and listening to groans and moans is hard on the nerves.
Love the storm house but not a calming storm. Can't turn sound all the way down because I need to hear game sounds like magic spells, picking up or dropping an item, etc.
Love this idea, maybe they could make a scroll that is specifically for nature sounds like you suggested. So far in the game my favorite sounds have been Bastion in Khrysalis part 2, all the sounds of the robins are wonderful. They could make it so that you can change the vanilla sounds of the house as well, like if you wanted the waterfalls to sound louder or quieter and if there were birds/insects, make them louder or quieter as well; even the winds.

Survivor
Jul 20, 2009
angellifeheart on Feb 27, 2020 wrote:
If trading was to become a thing, then their needs to be a healthy risk free trading system that demands some type of payment from the gifter to prevent future abuse of the system. I'm already seeing whats been done with tc's atm and its not entirely "fair". Value can be debated and its just going to come down to what both players agree on what they think its "fair". Trading system have destroyed mmorpg games in the past, when players grasp the idea of selling items for "real" currency.K I has had a long run with wiz through its ups and downs but is still one of the best mmorpg game on the market.
I agree with you completely, it certainly doesn't come without the possibility of failure. Another thing I thought of was what if there was an open trade market like a bulletin board or something, where players could put up what they need/want and also put what they would offer as a trade for said item(s). Then anyone could see what the request was and decide if they wanted to trade with that person. That way it would be more anonymous and help prevent conflict between two players. Also if someone was asking for too much, and offering too little as a trade; they wouldn't get a response. There could even be a little prompt suggesting that the receiving player edit their trade if they haven't received a response from anyone within the time they had been waiting.

Do you have any suggestions?