Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Longer Loading Time on One Wizard

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
Hello! I have noticed a difference in load times between one of my wizards and my others. It takes roughly 8-10 seconds on one of my wizards to go through a loading screen, while on my other wizards it only takes 2 or 3 seconds max. On the wizard that takes longer, I have less items in my bag than my others, I have one page of pets and a page of mounts, and I can be in a perfect realm. The one thing I noticed is that the wizard that takes longer to load is near max, has a page of castles, and a couple hundred photos in photomancy, along with a large assortment of reagents. Despite having all this, I have friends that have more than I do but only take a couple seconds to load. Do you guys have ideas??? I know its not my computer and internet that's the problem, so I'm stumped. Thanks in advance

John SeaBlood lvl 128 Storm
Luis Dreamblade lvl 73 Ice
Justin Dawnbreaker lvl 28 Life
David Firemender lvl 32 Fire

WhiteTiger93: Youtuber and Streamer Here --- Content Creator for Arcanum Archives. Check us out here for guides and events!
Administrator
iWhiteTiger93 on Feb 6, 2020 wrote:
Hello! I have noticed a difference in load times between one of my wizards and my others. It takes roughly 8-10 seconds on one of my wizards to go through a loading screen, while on my other wizards it only takes 2 or 3 seconds max. On the wizard that takes longer, I have less items in my bag than my others, I have one page of pets and a page of mounts, and I can be in a perfect realm. The one thing I noticed is that the wizard that takes longer to load is near max, has a page of castles, and a couple hundred photos in photomancy, along with a large assortment of reagents. Despite having all this, I have friends that have more than I do but only take a couple seconds to load. Do you guys have ideas??? I know its not my computer and internet that's the problem, so I'm stumped. Thanks in advance

John SeaBlood lvl 128 Storm
Luis Dreamblade lvl 73 Ice
Justin Dawnbreaker lvl 28 Life
David Firemender lvl 32 Fire
Yes! There is going to be a slight loading difference depending on how much stuff is on your Wizard, as well as a few similar considerations.

Defender
Oct 12, 2017
For some reason this is also like that for how many worlds your character is in, but usually it affects the entire account and not just loading into that character

Community Leader
I've been confused to that, because I have a decent computer, decent wifi, and all my characters load in 3 seconds or less, while my near max takes 8-12 seconds. I do have castles and items, but I know a few people that have way more than I do with computers similar to mine, so I am confused on if there is anything else I could do on my end.

Are there any known items or features that cause slower loading times by chance?

Is there anyone else with any suggestions on things I could do in game to reduce the longer loading times?

Thanks in advance

WhiteTiger93: Youtuber and Streamer Here --- Content Creator for Arcanum Archives. Check us out here for guides and events!