Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How I got trolled by satyr whilst fighting Malistaire

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 12, 2019
7 years ago. 7 years ago was the last time I played Wizard101. December 2019 is when I started fresh again, with one goal in mind; defeat Malistaire. For hours I played through the 5 main worlds, the main thing pushing me forward was the knowledge that Malistaire would be defeated. And so, after 86 long hours, I finally made it. The final battle was at hand. The only one joining me was a fire wizard called Jenna Flame. Several minutes into the fight, Malistaire was on his last stand. I barely survive a banshee with 26 health remaining. Luckily I had just enough pips to cast the spell that would ultimately be the biggest troll I've probably ever faced; Satyr. I casted the spell, celebrating the fact I just narrowly avoided death, only for the worst to happen. The 10% chance Satyr has to fizzle happened. Malistaire cast one final dark sprite and I fell. Luckily Jenna had more than enough health and spells to finish him off, however, upon Malistaire's defeat, I was warped back to the Basillica. Suddenly in full panic mode, I rushed back to the Great Spyre, hoping that after 7 years my dream would finally come true, but alas, it had been crushed, all by one half goat half human panflute playing troll. Malistaire was gone, along with Jenna, but my quest remained incomplete. The world had been saved, yet it mattered not. I had believed that I would be healed to 1 health after the fight had finished, and as such did not ask for a heal. This is a warning to all other wizards who wish to fight Malistaire, make sure you have at least 1 health before he falls, or your quest shall not be completed.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Baarko on Feb 1, 2020 wrote:
7 years ago. 7 years ago was the last time I played Wizard101. December 2019 is when I started fresh again, with one goal in mind; defeat Malistaire. For hours I played through the 5 main worlds, the main thing pushing me forward was the knowledge that Malistaire would be defeated. And so, after 86 long hours, I finally made it. The final battle was at hand. The only one joining me was a fire wizard called Jenna Flame. Several minutes into the fight, Malistaire was on his last stand. I barely survive a banshee with 26 health remaining. Luckily I had just enough pips to cast the spell that would ultimately be the biggest troll I've probably ever faced; Satyr. I casted the spell, celebrating the fact I just narrowly avoided death, only for the worst to happen. The 10% chance Satyr has to fizzle happened. Malistaire cast one final dark sprite and I fell. Luckily Jenna had more than enough health and spells to finish him off, however, upon Malistaire's defeat, I was warped back to the Basillica. Suddenly in full panic mode, I rushed back to the Great Spyre, hoping that after 7 years my dream would finally come true, but alas, it had been crushed, all by one half goat half human panflute playing troll. Malistaire was gone, along with Jenna, but my quest remained incomplete. The world had been saved, yet it mattered not. I had believed that I would be healed to 1 health after the fight had finished, and as such did not ask for a heal. This is a warning to all other wizards who wish to fight Malistaire, make sure you have at least 1 health before he falls, or your quest shall not be completed.
What a story! I pity you.

However, things have changed since then. If you just did withing the last 2 rounds or so and the battle finishes, you stay and get the drops. Much longer then that and you're out. (This is to differ between the unfortunate Wizard and the lazy one.) Have you got past Malistaire now?

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Baarko on Feb 1, 2020 wrote:
Oh, I sooo feel for you! ( Although I couldn't help laughing at your description of the battle. ) Far too many wizards fail their quest in a team up situation, when they get defeated but the team mate wins the battle.
This is one of the many reasons I enjoy Pirate101; if you're in a team up and get defeated, then a team mate defeats the last enemy you won't lose out on the experience/quest or drops.
This ought to be implemented in Wizard!