Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Restriction of All May Casts to PvE Only

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 16, 2011
So this might be in the wrong section as a lot of this has to do with PvP vs. PvE but I'll explain anyways.

Everybody loves and adores their may cast weapons, jewels, and talents on their pets. However, I honestly think they don't have a good place in PvP.

May casts talents, weapons, and jewels have it in their name. They "May Cast".

It's never a guarantee.

Which, is why it should be restricted to PvE only. If done, one of the many RNG factors would be taken out of PvP and people could still easily enjoy their pets in PvE.

A pet's may cast talent should not be able to dictate the outcome of part of the game that has 2 players trying to outplay one another.

Sure, there's other RNG factors such as shadow pips. But, people don't get shadow pips Mid Round. People can get them at the beginning of any given round.

When it comes to may casts, they completely interrupt gameplay within PvP essentially giving a player an extra round or several depending on how many times any may cast has been activated.

This obviously gives the player that the may cast supports a critical advantage since they are being rewarded for not doing anything at the expense of RNG.

It's not fun to be winning a match just to have your opponent's pet cast Mass Tower Shield, Unicorn, Fairy, Enfeeble, Shatter, etc. multiple times within any given match or round.

I don't think limiting each individual may cast ability to 1 per match would be as effective as outright barring them from PvP, but it definitely would be a great start.

Players shouldn't be relying on their pets to win their matches for them. It's not fair to the people that try to be skillful with how they approach situations, set up their opponent into checkmate, only to be met with a may cast that completely halts the player's momentum.

Let me know what you all think!

Survivor
Aug 06, 2015
I don't usually like PvP, but it would make sense to restrict the "May Cast" abilities. Another option with this would be turning such abilities on and off for boss battles when they would trigger a cheat (heals, especially, seem to do this).