Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Beast moon reports like crazy

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 08, 2013
Hi this is the first time my daughter has been playing this mini game beastmoon she is still getting the hang of it but she's been telling me that many players have reported her for not being helpful in game, my daughter is 8 years old and she loves wizard101 you guys need to remember that kids play this game too I know is frustrating to loose a match but come on is just a game, my daughter is not the only one being reported but other kids too if you guys want a professional team mate go find people and make one.

Historian
May 15, 2009
i agree, i absolutely can sympathize with being frustrated when you're losing, but that is no reason to take it out on someone who is obviously new to the event. reports should only be used in instances where it is plainly obvious that the person is attempting to sabotage the enjoyment of the game for everything.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
annastasia975 on Jan 11, 2020 wrote:
Hi this is the first time my daughter has been playing this mini game beastmoon she is still getting the hang of it but she's been telling me that many players have reported her for not being helpful in game, my daughter is 8 years old and she loves wizard101 you guys need to remember that kids play this game too I know is frustrating to loose a match but come on is just a game, my daughter is not the only one being reported but other kids too if you guys want a professional team mate go find people and make one.
I'm sorry to hear your daughter is being reported like that. Some players are nothing more then bullies, and Kingsisle does NOT condone that type of behavior. I hope your daughter doesn't experience those people in future.

P.S. There's an update to the Beastmoon Hunt being tested right now. It will add two new forms and and a change to tiers (Look to the Update Notes for more information). There will be more content for your daughter to play with soon!

Administrator
annastasia975 on Jan 11, 2020 wrote:
Hi annastasia975,

Our apologies that your daughter has had this experience. We strive to make our games as fun and inviting as possible, and of course as safe and welcoming as possible. These two go hand-in-hand.

If you feel that she is being treated unfairly in any way, please do let us know by contacting our support team. You can also use the in-game reporting option. We review all of these types of cases and will look into yours right away: https://www.wizard101.com/CustomerSupport/game

If you have any general questions about community policies and gameplay, please feel free to contact me directly at community@wizard101.com.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Hi.

I'll give some info on Beastmoon.

It does not permit us to choose who is on our team. Not without attempting to manipulate it. Yes, some manipulate it by entering it on more than one wizard. Those players don't always make it on the same team, therefore, that should not be allowed because where would their allegiance lie then?
That should be a reportable offense, as would be bad language.

When other Beastmooners start starting up, I am one who will defend anyone being ganged up on. At the expense of me missing another hunt, I have taken lots of time to help those not yet familiar with all the beastmoon info I know. I've taught tricks (like the speed boost) and given advice (like plant beastmoon seeds asap). And I've even reminded people anywhere in the Spiral, to give benefit of the doubt when it comes to how we talk to our fellow wizards, reminding them that kids of all ages play this game.

Unfortunately, I just received a warning (just 1 week ago!) for inappropriate language. I contacted KingsIsle Support who told me,
"This was not anything you did in error or on purpose.
This was a false report in our system.

We apologize for the trouble."

But that above report was not the same your daughter experienced. This next example is:
A few months ago, someone reported me.
I took a screenshot and sent it to Support. Support told me I did not have to do anything because they have every conversation on record or something. They told me to disregard/ignore that warning.

However, I agree with you, the feeling one gets from being reported, it is not a good feeling. It is scary and makes us instantly feel that we might be muted or banned, even when we are innocent. It even happened to me on the other site that offers the wiki. They banned me there for being helpful, honest, and nice! Well, they never gave an official reason, but I am someone who will never elicit one. Some people are just bullies. They never consider the person on the other end of the monitor playing with them.

One last thing to note here is the ESRB rating for w101 is: Everyone 10+.
Perhaps her game time on wiz should be monitored until the age of 10 because of the ESRB rating.

Is it safe to say she has closed chat given her age? Come to think of it, does the report notice have that as an option, to tell us we were reported for not being helpful? Or was she able to read what others have said? I wouldn't be able to help those with no chat. But she might get a more sympathetic tone from others if they see her character as mute. (mute = no open chat)

Anyways, I hope her next experience is on the positive side.