Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can someone please help me, by putting my mind at ease?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 14, 2010
I feel like I am losing my mind and am DESPERATELY in need of someone to put me at ease.

I'm trying to complete the level 70 Poseidon armor set on my balance wizard. I need one last piece and that is the boots, known as Poseidon's Wave Walkers. But I am running into a problem.

I looked up the level 70 balance gear set from Poseidon in Atlantea, and the Wizard101 Central Wiki says they are level 90 boots dropped by Hades in Tartarus. Meanwhile, one of the official fansites, Final Bastion, has a picture of the boots stats in their Waterworks vs. Atlantea gear article, and the picture says level 70. But how can that be? Given how quickly I got the rest of the set, am I just that unlucky?

Were the level 70 boots retired as a drop? Are they a one time drop only (because I can't get Poseidon to drop me boots of any kind period)? Did Kingsisle bump their level requirement or lower their drop rate in an update somewhere? Did Final Bastion (an Official Community Fansite) fake the picture? Is the Wiki wrong or they haven't been able to verify them yet?

I swear I have seen them before, or maybe had them. Idk if I accidentally sold, deleted them or what. If I did it would have been years ago and there's no way of knowing so...

At this point, I'm very frustrated, very confused, and just want an answer. It's become immensely difficult to find big enough teams to do Atlantea effectively, let alone dependable people who'll stay and help farm. It leaves me feeling just let down and left behind as they run off with what they needed while I keep grinding away.

I've done Poseidon so many times in the past and recently, it just isn't fun anymore. And I just want to have fun.

Please someone out there, put my obsession over this to bed and tell me if this item actually exists or not. I just want to know for a fact that I'm not on a fool's errand.

I just want to get back to enjoying the game again.

Any and all help is appreciated thank you!

-Alex

Survivor
Jul 09, 2012
First, to answer your question, the boots do exist and are, as far as I know, still dropable.

To answer your second question, boots and anything else can and will drop more than once, whether you like it or not. My balance is only level 35, yet I have 6 Zeus Helmets, 4 Zeus Robes, 7 Zeus Wands, and 0 Zeus Boots. Sadly, it's all just the shaft of RNG.

Third of all, I'd be happy to help you farm Atlantea on my storm. Of course, the Atlantea gear is honestly nothing special, but that is just my opinion.

Hope this helps.

-Travis, Level 73

Delver
Jun 14, 2010
I did eventually acquire the boots. This was the doing of my very frustrated and upset past self after having had many issues with other teams and trying to farm Atlantea. The fact the community can still be so viscous to one another these days is a bit maddening.

Thank you for responding.

My reason for seeking out the Poseidon gear is largely for the pierce it gives, as a balance wizard, the ability to quickly and effectively combat our own school does not come naturally to us. This fact can be something of a challenge without pierce, especially at higher levels as you probably know. But thank you again.