Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Runes confirmed to not drop intentionally

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 22, 2015
So recently I contacted KI support about what I thought had to be a bug. I'd grinded out to 750 points on the Storm Deckathalon, all stage 4, and had received not a single Strengthening, Ultimate or Superior rune of any school. I was worried it was bugged and they weren't dropping. KI came back with the following quote:

"This is how the game designers decided to create the event and is not a bug. Some runes don't drop at this time at all but will drop in the future. "

They asked me to post my concerns here, so I am. I'm a little concerned that these drop tables have been disabled for this event and no one was notified. My primary reason for farming this was to craft my Thundering Hands of Fate, and it's really demotivating to find out that after a week of playing I never actually stood a chance.

Hopefully in the future we can know exactly what drops. I don't want or even need the odds, I just want to know if there are odds.

Thanks for reading

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Kyle Sparkz on Nov 26, 2019 wrote:
So recently I contacted KI support about what I thought had to be a bug. I'd grinded out to 750 points on the Storm Deckathalon, all stage 4, and had received not a single Strengthening, Ultimate or Superior rune of any school. I was worried it was bugged and they weren't dropping. KI came back with the following quote:

"This is how the game designers decided to create the event and is not a bug. Some runes don't drop at this time at all but will drop in the future. "

They asked me to post my concerns here, so I am. I'm a little concerned that these drop tables have been disabled for this event and no one was notified. My primary reason for farming this was to craft my Thundering Hands of Fate, and it's really demotivating to find out that after a week of playing I never actually stood a chance.

Hopefully in the future we can know exactly what drops. I don't want or even need the odds, I just want to know if there are odds.

Thanks for reading
This is correct. Once the remaining floors of the school towers are released (floors 5-10) the runes will drop more often.