Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Math formula between Critical Rating and Percentage

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 02, 2010
Hello, I'm new to this game and I was wondering what is the math formula between Critical Rating and Percentage?
I know that is level based and that at level 130 you should have like 838-839 critical rating in order to have 100% critical.

So what about level 50, 100 or 110 (those are just random examples), what is the max critical rating that I have to have in order to have 100% critical percentage ?

Thank you,
Adrian SeaWhisper

Community Leader
I would say you need around 500-600 critical rating to have 100 percent critical at level 50, but I am not sure. As you level you will experience critical decay, which will require a higher rating, but I don't know the actual conversion however. Hope this helps!

John Seablood lvl 128

WhiteTiger93: Youtuber and Streamer Here --- Content Creator for Arcanum Archives. Check us out here for guides and events!
Survivor
Dec 26, 2011
iWhiteTiger93 on Nov 29, 2019 wrote:
I would say you need around 500-600 critical rating to have 100 percent critical at level 50, but I am not sure. As you level you will experience critical decay, which will require a higher rating, but I don't know the actual conversion however. Hope this helps!

John Seablood lvl 128
I think i can agree with that since my death 130 is at around 600s-700s rating with 60something percent chance. Does school possibly affect the crit chance or do you think it is just the amount of rating schools get in gear

Community Leader
I believe school doesn't effect critical rating, only that some schools have more critical on their gear then others

WhiteTiger93: Youtuber and Streamer Here --- Content Creator for Arcanum Archives. Check us out here for guides and events!