Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

First Gen Pets.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 27, 2019
Hello, I was wondering how and where to get first gen pets, and when I get that pet and train it to adult+ and hatch it with another pet that is the school will it have the same look and etc?

Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
Hi there - The question invites a really super long answer, but going to keep it brief.
1. You get first gen pets mostly from drops as well as you can buy them.
2. The outward appearance of the pet never changes as far as I know, no matter how much you train it.
3. When you hatch with other types of pets, the offspring may be the pet type you already had, the type of the pet you are hatching with, or a hybrid. Of course if you hatch with same pet type you already have, baby will be that type.
4. The skills that the hatched pets develop are passed down from the parents to the offspring. Which skills develop in the baby is a probably not so complex algorithm/mixing of skills that are active in the parents and all their other dormant skills. Generally speaking the skills that the parents have active, are more heavily weighted to be passed to the baby.

Hope helps. Have fun!