Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The beastmoon team problem

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 30, 2010
I have a big problem. A lot of time in beastmoon, I feel like I always have use my caps lock to make people listen to me. I would ask for help normally 4 times and on the 5th I would have use caps lock. But here the problem, I hate yelling at randoms. I rather yell at my friends than random people I have no idea who they are. So tell why team up with friends would be a bad thing? This is supposed be PVP right? Both ranked and tournaments have the ability to use a group. If you are really worried about noobs being group together in beastmoon against people who are friends how about add a practice mode or and a mode that teaches people how to play beastmoon. Make it so you have to do the teach mode before you join beastmoon for the first time.

I just really want to do beastmoon with my friends and do not have quete up at the same time and hope we get the same team

God life wizard on Oct 17, 2019 wrote:
I have a big problem. A lot of time in beastmoon, I feel like I always have use my caps lock to make people listen to me. I would ask for help normally 4 times and on the 5th I would have use caps lock. But here the problem, I hate yelling at randoms. I rather yell at my friends than random people I have no idea who they are. So tell why team up with friends would be a bad thing? This is supposed be PVP right? Both ranked and tournaments have the ability to use a group. If you are really worried about noobs being group together in beastmoon against people who are friends how about add a practice mode or and a mode that teaches people how to play beastmoon. Make it so you have to do the teach mode before you join beastmoon for the first time.

I just really want to do beastmoon with my friends and do not have quete up at the same time and hope we get the same team
We are aware that quite a few players want to be able to queue up as a group; just as we are aware there are a lot of people who enjoy the random matchups. There are pros and cons to both.

We have some fixes, tweaks, and general anti-griefing tools we need to add first before we make any changes such as grouping, ranked play, etc.

We're listening to all feedback!

Explorer
Jun 19, 2010
Hi God Life Wizard,
I like Beast Moon just as it is, random players, not groups of friends. My reasoning is that Beast Moon is a game in itself not PVP. I used to like PVP until it became a clic /club / insiders PVP'ers game. I now refuse to play PVP because of all the "high school clic" attitude and the outrageous chat bordering on verbal abuse and nasty talk within the chat allowances.
I have noticed that there is some random teaming up by the luck of the draw being on the same team as your friends. And those games seem to be the most chat active, plus the most demanding chat that others must do this or that.
As to having to ask for help many times. Please consider other team members may be capturing a ring, or not have the chat window open, or they may be a very slow moving creature and you are way far away on the board. Some even scream they need help but never say where they are. I like to play the Cyclops and move quite slowly and have run all over the game field looking for the one that is yelling for help only to finally find the person, join the fight just in time to see that person die and flee, leaving me with an almost impossible fight. Often my arrival frustration is compounded by the fleeing player saying something like "Thanks a lot, now that I am dead, where were you when I needed you"
A good tip is never purposely jump into a fight solo and expect your team members to instantly arrive to assist. I know sometimes you're leaving a capture and the other team enters and drags you into a fight - happens a lot to us slow movers. But I try to find a partner and we run as a pair. Can "cap" the rings faster and seldom will the other team try to start a fight with a pair of opponents.
The way I see it Beast Moon may be similar to PVP in that we are playing against other real people, but it is a game on its own and not PVP. I sincerely hope the game developers understand that many of us quit playing PVP because we did not like the way it had changed to a not friendly game if you didn't belong to the "in crowd" will keep Beast Moon just like it is and never allow groups to dominate the game as they have PVP.
I love Beast Moon just as it is. Most matches are fun. Some have bossy individuals that think they can order everyone how to play, but they can be ignored. And then the next match can be the most fun with really nice and friendly players.

Explorer
Jun 19, 2010
As a follow-up - you suggest that " If you are really worried about noobs being grouped together in beastmoon against people who are friends how about add a practice mode or and a mode that teaches people how to play beastmoon. Make it so you have to do the teach mode before you join beastmoon for the first time". I am sorry but this goes to prove to me that you think Beast Moon is a game for elite PVP players.
The most fun myself and several other's had during a Beast Moon match was when there were two new players on our team. Instead of belittling them by calling them noobs, we decided to teach them how to play the game. Yes they did read the instructions, but there is a big difference between reading the instructions provided and actually playing the game. Our team only had 29 points when the match was over. Winning isn't everything. Having fun, laughing, teaching others in a kind way to also enjoy the game, was so much more satisfying than trying to win that match. By the way, the two new players were so thankful we took the time to help them in their first match. One even saw me just outside the arena after the match and we are now friends on Wizards. So I not only had a fun teaching match, but also made a new friend.
I also get frustrated with some aspects of the game - such as others, especially the "fast runners" telling me what card to play, of course to support them. If the developers do go with your idea of a "training school for noobs", I also hope they include in that school that before you graduate and get to play the real game, you must play every creature at least once. Just so all players can understand the speed of movement ability and the cards available each creature has. And don't forget just because a card is in the deck, does not mean it is in the players hand to use.

Survivor
Feb 27, 2011
really hope KI doesn't allow the formation of pre-made teams within the Beastmoon event. As someone who is now just a hair away from earning the 500 Beastmoon wins badge, I believe I have seen more than enough matches played out to understand why allowing "friends" to team up and form their own Beastmoon groups would ruin the event's fun and popularity.

The main reason should be pretty obvious: you would see an explosion of all-level-5th beast form groups made, some of which would doubtlessly be communcatiing together on Discord or some other type of voice-chat.

Casual and newer players, along with those whom only have Menu chat enabled (commonly called "Mutes"), would be farmed like corn by any and all pre-made groups. Heck even your average random group, which would likely contain at least one or two serious "veteran" players, would suffer the same fate.

The fun and unpredictability of Beastmoon would be gone. Beastmoon PvP would become what Wizard 101 PvP has become: a playground of hardcore, "min-max" players constantly preying on the inexperience of their opponents.

You would also start always seeing more or less the same old teams with the same old players, all too familiar to you from your earlier matches. You would know right away your team just lost cuz "Hardcore Team A" was your opponents. Why bother to even queue? You would just be thrown into a match against them again... and again... and again.

The complete and (so far as I know or can tell) totally utter random mix of players you wind up with in any given Beastmoom match is a huge part of the fun, the charm, the unpredictability of matches. Allowing people to form their own pre-made groups would, again, destroy this atmosphere forever.

I doubt I would even keep playing Beastmoon if pre-mades were allowed. I do not much want to be on a pre-made team, and I definitely never want to run into one when I queue up for a match.

I hope Beastmoon always remains the way it is: wildy, wonderfully unpredictable in its player matchups.

--Samantha Stormsong, Level 130 Storm wizard
<Beastmoon Champion>

Survivor
May 09, 2019
Samantha Stormsong on Nov 13, 2019 wrote:
really hope KI doesn't allow the formation of pre-made teams within the Beastmoon event. As someone who is now just a hair away from earning the 500 Beastmoon wins badge, I believe I have seen more than enough matches played out to understand why allowing "friends" to team up and form their own Beastmoon groups would ruin the event's fun and popularity.

The main reason should be pretty obvious: you would see an explosion of all-level-5th beast form groups made, some of which would doubtlessly be communcatiing together on Discord or some other type of voice-chat.

Casual and newer players, along with those whom only have Menu chat enabled (commonly called "Mutes"), would be farmed like corn by any and all pre-made groups. Heck even your average random group, which would likely contain at least one or two serious "veteran" players, would suffer the same fate.

The fun and unpredictability of Beastmoon would be gone. Beastmoon PvP would become what Wizard 101 PvP has become: a playground of hardcore, "min-max" players constantly preying on the inexperience of their opponents.

You would also start always seeing more or less the same old teams with the same old players, all too familiar to you from your earlier matches. You would know right away your team just lost cuz "Hardcore Team A" was your opponents. Why bother to even queue? You would just be thrown into a match against them again... and again... and again.

The complete and (so far as I know or can tell) totally utter random mix of players you wind up with in any given Beastmoom match is a huge part of the fun, the charm, the unpredictability of matches. Allowing people to form their own pre-made groups would, again, destroy this atmosphere forever.

I doubt I would even keep playing Beastmoon if pre-mades were allowed. I do not much want to be on a pre-made team, and I definitely never want to run into one when I queue up for a match.

I hope Beastmoon always remains the way it is: wildy, wonderfully unpredictable in its player matchups.

--Samantha Stormsong, Level 130 Storm wizard
<Beastmoon Champion>
I agree with what Samantha said, and enjoy the unpredictable player matchups.

The afk players do need to be dealt with, they should not receive rewards when afk spinning in circles for most of the match.