Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

All Damage Storm Pet

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 11, 2012
Hello, everyone

Lately I have been consistently failing pet hatches to obtain an all damage storm pet. I was wondering if anyone had one that I could hatch with because, I feel like hatching with one would be better then hatching with multiple. I have tried to hatch with the kiosk so many times but I keep failing, and i'm tired of trying. Are there any tips that you guys might suggest to me to get a better storm pet?

Thanks!

Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
Hi Tylar - I have a Rain Beetle that has Pain Bringer, Pain Giver, Spell Proof, Storm Dealer, Storm Giver, as well as Storm Boon in the jewel slot, so pretty much max storm damage pet. I put it in the kiosk for you; storm pet, rain beetle, name of “Slim Gracie” with a pedigree of 29 so pretty far down in the stack. I did this pet quite a long time ago, but if I remember correctly at that time there was another pet in the kiosk that had all the right abilities so it was pretty much just a question of time and mega snacks to produce this one. Of course had lots of fails on the way up but just powered through them.

Only three tips for producing great pets:
1. * Become a gardener and have 100s and 100s of varied mega snacks at hand. There is really no way around it, unless you get really lucky and I never seem to be.
2. * Use the time honored tradition of base pets (e.g. once get a pet with two qualities you want stop training that one and only hatch with it, until you get one with three qualities you want). And then lather, rinse and repeat
3. * Hatch with pets that have the abilities you want.

In various aspects, pet hatching is a pure statistical chance event and nothing any of us lowly players can do to change it. If you want to chat with me or hatch directly with Slim Gracie, let me know when you want to meet. I can usually be available between 8 -9 pm mountain time in the evenings. Otherwise post a reply with questions and I’ll reply in time.