Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please Implement Name Changes!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 30, 2010
It's time for the monthly "Name Change" request topic.

Please add name changes. Wizard101 was my very first MMORPG and since playing on and off, I've played a variety of different games. All of which, allowed player's to change their names. However, I do know Wizard101 is special because you choose from a list of pre-selected names & things can get confusing.

So just make them a one-time, permanent, high-fee charge. There are far too many reasons why this should be implemented into the game and the only issue I've ever seen given against it is due to the interference with your friends/friendslist which many players have given great ideas on how to solve this.

One of the biggest reasons I'd love to be able to change my name on existing characters is literally because of the 1st Age PvP badges. I have a few character who have PvP'd during the 1st & 2nd Age and I don't want to give up these titles since it's literally impossible to get them ever again. It's special and very nostalgic knowing I was a part of it.

Two of the more highly requested and seemingly impossible ideas were added to the game (7th char. slot + Magic Mirror); why not Name Changes? Especially after 11 years.. I've had my characters since 2010-2011 and put a lot of work/effort into them to delete them for the sake of a name change when it could just be a simple one-time thing.

I had high hopes they'd surprise us with this for their 11th birthday..

Administrator
Bunnyuwu on Oct 3, 2019 wrote:

Please add name changes. Wizard101 was my very first MMORPG and since playing on and off, I've played a variety of different games. All of which, allowed player's to change their names. However, I do know Wizard101 is special because you choose from a list of pre-selected names & things can get confusing.

So just make them a one-time, permanent, high-fee charge. There are far too many reasons why this should be implemented into the game and the only issue I've ever seen given against it is due to the interference with your friends/friendslist which many players have given great ideas on how to solve this.

One of the biggest reasons I'd love to be able to change my name on existing characters is literally because of the 1st Age PvP badges. I have a few character who have PvP'd during the 1st & 2nd Age and I don't want to give up these titles since it's literally impossible to get them ever again. It's special and very nostalgic knowing I was a part of it.

Two of the more highly requested and seemingly impossible ideas were added to the game (7th char. slot + Magic Mirror); why not Name Changes? Especially after 11 years.. I've had my characters since 2010-2011 and put a lot of work/effort into them to delete them for the sake of a name change when it could just be a simple one-time thing.

We definitely see the benefits you are bringing up. We are still looking into how feasible this functionality might be with our current systems as there's a lot to consider here.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Sparck on Oct 8, 2019 wrote:
We definitely see the benefits you are bringing up. We are still looking into how feasible this functionality might be with our current systems as there's a lot to consider here.
Sparck, to add.

With the name change, this idea has been brought up several times before along with ideas surrounding the ability to delete unwanted quests.

As it relates to the Name Change, this is what you can consider to assist in balancing out the system should it be eventually implemented.

Allow only one name change per character (not per account).Have a warning stating that this is an irreversible effect.Don't have the cost too high as to prevent those who want to do being able to can't afford to.Have a notification to friends on our list highlighting to them that their buddy has recently undergone a name change.Consider creating an NPC that can do this in areas available to all players such as The Shopping District.

Defender
Nov 05, 2010
Bunnyuwu on Oct 3, 2019 wrote:

...and please, don't make it cost crowns.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I can see a lot of things going wrong very quickly if this were to happen. Considering the glitches we deal with when new content is added, this is one that could glitch a wizard to the point of no return if not very careful.

I think will just stay with the names I have chosen for my characters.