Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How to prevent players setting immune in tours

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 26, 2012
Lock player's gear sets so they go into all 4 matches with the same gear. This would prevent people setting immunity with their gear but while still being able to set their deck.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Mozyy1 on Sep 25, 2019 wrote:
Lock player's gear sets so they go into all 4 matches with the same gear. This would prevent people setting immunity with their gear but while still being able to set their deck.
I disagree i think players should be able to adjust their gears however they deemed it necessary as with deck. If they are gonna try to prepare for a fight like playing chess and gains the upper hand through pay to win gears then i say leave it. Its not necessarily their fault immunity stats became a thing now is it? The best defense is the best offense so it would seem and these is simply like any other strategies out there especially for quick matches.

Survivor
Dec 29, 2018
Using the Word strategies in Wizard101 Pvp is a joke.
From what I've seen, common strategies usually end up being metas that usually the very cause why pvp so broken
Example?
Jade Users for certain levels
Burning rampage
Lore spam
Ice Gear that gives high resist, damage and health.

All these things be ended up called "Strategies" when clearly it ruins a aspect of the game.
Infact its either get with the meta or don't

Explorer
Mar 01, 2014
Mozyy1 on Sep 25, 2019 wrote:
Or. just disallow free spectating..

Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
The solution is really easy and that's to cap the maximum resist that can be used in PvP to around 70. That would fix so many PvP issues and make stalling so much harder

Survivor
Jul 31, 2009
i think the big thing is to set a resist cap - not allow pets to bring resist up to 80 + It is ridiculous to try and beat someone in a tour who sets their resist to your school. I am sure it would not be hard to set a cap at 65 for everyone. I think that is more than fair . Right now especially in tournaments that is what is causing people to leave , especially at lower levels. People have other people or other accounts watch matches so they know what schools people are using. then they set their pets accordingly making it almost impossible to win. That is the one thing that is killing pvp tournaments. It isn't the enhancements it is the resist. It is a very easy change i am sure but KI seems unwilling to make it. I hope they finally listen to their players.

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
Are people saying that players have made an immunity pet for every school, that they switch pets and hope to get lucky and duel against your school? It would be embarrassing to go into a duel set for Balance and meet a Fire wizard.

Delver
Mar 30, 2014
The main reason why so many players quit playing pvp tournaments is that in most brackets there are a few players setting with high resist pets, making the matches unfair and nearly unwinnable. They play many tournaments each day, basically ruining this activity for the community. Some of these players have non-compete agreements to boost their win ratios and between them they enter most of the tours every day. Quite a few of them are sharing accounts and making brackets (ensuring that enough teams are entered) and boosting wins for each other. Kings makes all this easier by showing the match ups before players go into the matches, and they have sent spies around to all the matches in the first round so they know what schools each player/team is. The best solution is to cap total resist to something appropriate for level--say no more than 50-65 for lower levels and maybe higher for levels where players get pierce and shrike. And also do not show the match ups before the matches start. Limiting spectators would also help. And simply getting rid of the leaderboard, which provides the external motivation for this behavior would also be very helpful.