Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Beguile is literally BROKEN used from first

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 26, 2012
So I'm not too sure if KI is aware of this but currently on the live game servers, if you use beguile from first the target helps you for 2 rounds.... yup I typed that properly, the spell is just not working as intended. This is NOT how the spell should be working, as it didn't work like this prior to their beguile update from a while ago. So here is where the spell is broken from first.

What's supposed to happen: If you beguile from first and the beguiled target heals or hits, it benefits your team.

What actually happens: Beguiled target helps you for that turn HOWEVER the turn after, the beguiled target cannot pick cards to benefit their team (cant shield/target heal teammates) and if they decide to AOE hit or heal, it'll help the team that used beguile for SECOND ROUND....

So as of now this is still in the game and only works from first, beguile works completely as intended from second. With that logic beguile should work in any turned based format, however have not tested.

Why is this such a problem? : This is a really unhealthy card for max level 4v4s due to the fact that the power creep for stats in wiz has grown to absurdity (170+ dmg plus shrike and shadow spells, if you get beguiled and one shot your team you're just out of luck) and the fact that it's broken definitely doesnt help.

Solutions: KI can either fix beguile from first or not, but at the end of the day this is a card idea that should seriously be taken into consideration, this is something that would only help the game and would get met with a ton of positive feedback

---Beguile shields--- = Literally a stunblock but for beguile
This is a temporary band-aid solution for beguile not working from first, and this would make a lot of players feel less cheesed out of their losses to beguile. The spell should definitely cost 2 or more pips, just because beguile costs 3.

TL;DR - Beguile works for 2 rounds from first, beguile shields should be in the game

Administrator
Mozyy1 on Sep 25, 2019 wrote:
So I'm not too sure if KI is aware of this but currently on the live game servers, if you use beguile from first the target helps you for 2 rounds.... yup I typed that properly, the spell is just not working as intended. This is NOT how the spell should be working, as it didn't work like this prior to their beguile update from a while ago. So here is where the spell is broken from first.

What's supposed to happen: If you beguile from first and the beguiled target heals or hits, it benefits your team.

What actually happens: Beguiled target helps you for that turn HOWEVER the turn after, the beguiled target cannot pick cards to benefit their team (cant shield/target heal teammates) and if they decide to AOE hit or heal, it'll help the team that used beguile for SECOND ROUND....

So as of now this is still in the game and only works from first, beguile works completely as intended from second. With that logic beguile should work in any turned based format, however have not tested.

Why is this such a problem? : This is a really unhealthy card for max level 4v4s due to the fact that the power creep for stats in wiz has grown to absurdity (170+ dmg plus shrike and shadow spells, if you get beguiled and one shot your team you're just out of luck) and the fact that it's broken definitely doesnt help.

Solutions: KI can either fix beguile from first or not, but at the end of the day this is a card idea that should seriously be taken into consideration, this is something that would only help the game and would get met with a ton of positive feedback

---Beguile shields--- = Literally a stunblock but for beguile
This is a temporary band-aid solution for beguile not working from first, and this would make a lot of players feel less cheesed out of their losses to beguile. The spell should definitely cost 2 or more pips, just because beguile costs 3.

TL;DR - Beguile works for 2 rounds from first, beguile shields should be in the game
Thanks Mozyy1 for this report! I'm sending the concern to our team to review.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
The problem with that is the 1st turn said player can or may not have cast a heal rendering beguile useless and since beguile is only effective from first its contradicts the ability when used from second. I think in agreement to it being a one turn thing, opposing players should have their hands force to using a spell to benefit those who place the beguile. I also believe the main concern towards these strategy is the 4v4 pvp scenario where a team can have as much as 2 jade death 1 healer and hitter and their able to spam beguile rendering the healers useless or ineffective in a team fight.