Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Enchantment that makes spells avoid blades

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 15, 2017
There should be an enchantment that can make a spell avoid all blades, but still uses up traps and opponents shields. For example, if you're blading up and your opponent uses a tower shield, then you can take off that shield while keeping the blades. But also, if a player has aegis on one of the destroyed shields, it should put it on one of your shields if you have one. This last part avoids it from being like a pierce spell or steal ward.

And then there should be another spell like that but for traps.

P.S. When I say that you keep the blades, I mean that your spell doesn't use them at all in any way. The blades do not boost the damage.

Survivor
Jun 02, 2017
I believe this is the drawback to having blades; if you are able to break school specific Shields and not use a thats school's blade, then there would be no drawback... just like how feints rely on a single incoming attack, blades rely on a single outward attack. The greatest disadvantage I would see to how blafes cirrently work is that this greatly reduces the power of the balance school, since they cannot remove weaknesses without removing their blades. Note though that a %25 decrease balances out with a 33% damage increase. If you continuously stack blades as a balance, then I think you are doing something wrong. If you have a problem with shields, invest in some myth removal tcs.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2017
ADHDeath on Sep 24, 2019 wrote:
I believe this is the drawback to having blades; if you are able to break school specific Shields and not use a thats school's blade, then there would be no drawback... just like how feints rely on a single incoming attack, blades rely on a single outward attack. The greatest disadvantage I would see to how blafes cirrently work is that this greatly reduces the power of the balance school, since they cannot remove weaknesses without removing their blades. Note though that a %25 decrease balances out with a 33% damage increase. If you continuously stack blades as a balance, then I think you are doing something wrong. If you have a problem with shields, invest in some myth removal tcs.
I see what you're saying. But what if the enchant made the spell cost more pips or even a shadow pip? That would probably be a good solution to what you're saying.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Can't you use Pierce/Shatter to do essentially that? I feel like that would undermine those spells uses. Granted, I get that not all schools have access to those spells, but TC versions are available and having to use Shatter would use that extra pip requirement.